Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Yes. The 7 day rule mentioned previously applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

I’d share a lot of your concerns here. On the Colin Dunford yellow, I think Noel was on the ground & as Barron was picking the ball Dunford stepped across McGrath to shield Barron almost. In doing so his hip caught Noel right in front of the ref. Complete accident to me, but probably deserved a yellow.

Kennedy’s tackle, I think it was Carthach was attempting to break the tackle. As he often does Carthach used his arm & hurley to bring the opposition players arm & / or hurley up over his shoulder & around his neck. It certainly wasn’t a clothesline. You’d often see yellows given for them nonetheless, but personally I think it was the correct decision as what Carthach (& so many others) do drives me cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭seananigans

imagine building a county ground with no floodlights

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I thought I saw the Minor match is on in Shannon now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Anyone know of anywhere that sells the Waterford Azzuri gear other than the azzuri shop? They don’t seem to open weekends. I want a jacket for Sunday 😄 Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

Someone just showed me the team for Sunday. No real surprises but a bit threadbare in terns of depth. It's a free shot really for Waterford. I hope Patrick Fitzgerald comes on earlier than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭seananigans

FGGG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Thoughts about the weekend lads? A bit crazy to think it could be our last run out before championship.

After last weekend I feel a win here would be a good tonic for us, and an extra game in a league semi final would be no harm at all. But considering were without Gleeson and Prunty and Barron I’d settle for a strong performance, a bit more shape about us, a few goal chances put away, and finish with 15 men on the field!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Looks like Billy Nolan is going to be our number 1 this year. Not much between him and Seán O’Brien in fairness.

Bench is pretty light

Hopefully a good performance like was mentioned earlier.

We win its an extra game against Cork probably in Thurles or Kilkenny again.

I'd agree it's a very inexperienced subs bench. I think three of the subs have played in the championship before. Michael Harney seems to have disappeared.

After Davy's comments I'd be shocked if we don't go with 7 defenders so cathrach likely to go back and maybe Jack Prender or Dunford in midfield with Monty.

I'd like to see improvement on puck outs though that forward line lacks size so we're immediately up against it.

I'd like to see us get Bennett, Curran and Dessie more involved. The problem is when we concede a score we then have to puck it out which we lose more often than not so it becomes a cycle. If we break that cycle we can get more open play where those lads are more suited.

I'm hoping the two Daly's and Tadhg can step up a level after their injuries.

I'm hoping we can finish some of our goal chances, we've left way too many behind during the campaign so far.

delighted for him if he is, he was understudy to Soky for long enough and think he’s earned it with his performances in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lim4ev

for me that's a good team it all depends on yer full back line if even one of numbers 3 or 4 does well then it's been a good league for ye.I can't see any reason why ye can't win this match not easy yes but winnable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

I don’t expect us to win am more bothered that we don’t get any more injuries . Like to see us score a couple of goals though .

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

Can't travel amárach, is it on TG4?

It's on the TG4 app live and I think replayed on TG4 proper later in the day. For some reason it's all football for the second week in a row.

It's not a bad team but definitely not as strong a team (or bench) that'd we've had the luxury of in recent years. Some of the younger players may disagree and prove me wrong. I'm hoping they do. I am not so sure about our midfield. I'd imagine Davy will have Dunford and Curran in the middle third along with Daly, while Monty is more of a half forward once the ball in thrown in. I thought Carthach Daly looked really impressive as a corner back for the under20 team a few years back. He was a sticky corner back. I thought maybe that's where he'd end up as it's an area we needed some new blood. I guess Cahill and Davy both think he's got more to offer out the field but I'd like to try him at full back with Prunty out. I really like how Davy is showing faith in young Fitzgerald from Kilrossanty. Both Padraig and Patrick Fitz certainly have bright futures.

Post edited by Jjjjjjjjbarry on

• Advertisement

Good too see the Senior Footballers getting there first win of the league beating London 2-9-2-5

Fair play lad your the only one on here posting their results every week great to see them get the win today up the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i put up a video on the clare page of where ye hammered us out the gate back in 2010 just to show how far we have come its also a sad reflection on how far back waterford have fell ye have great footballers down there its a pity they dont be backed more often

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭razorronan

Does anyone know if Juveniles get in for free at todays game? I had to buy a ticket for an earlier game but doesn't give me an option to buy one on Ticketmaster this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Venom69

Absolutely spot on about clare football.

Thankfully good work being done by deise og with underage football development squads by really committed football/gaa people.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Venom69

Juveniles are free and don't require a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

You mean nothing either…..most moronic comment on this site in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck to the lads today, not expecting a win but as mentioned above wanting to see a big performance, few goal chances taken, no more brainless red cards and the younger lads like Mark Fitz, Conor Ryan, Carthach Daly and Padraig Fitz to show why they should be staring v Limerick in a few weeks time.

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Waterford should be aiming to win this. Waterfords players are every bit as good as Kilkennys and even though ye are down personnel ye should be going all out for this one. Davy has managed to lower expectations by implementing a dire gameplan on a talented bunch of players. I dont see him lasting the season. The players will oust him after 2 rounds of the round Robin. That's my genuine view. He's yesterday's man .

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

The rain has arrived in Kilkenny. Not expecting a Waterford victory but hopefully it’s competitive

Advertisement