Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Never had an issue other than Fastway. I don't buy from companies that use them.

It's often just Amazon that use An Post though,even then they outsource to a courier sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

Fastway are absolutely awful! Can't have anything delivered to Sligo without it first being sent to the wrong depot and then having to rerouted. Their customer service is non existent.

Last two deliveries I got from Fastway were delivered to a shop. No notification before or after,yer man was good enough to drop them round.

Legally your supposed to receive a notification of delivery,either by email or post. Absolute shambles of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Gangster Rap and its'derived sexism was actually deliberated placed into mainstream culture by the CIA who were fearful of Black America gaining respect from the white population. The White House has always favoured keeping those separate ethnicities far apart so that an unhealthy tension can simmer between both communities, it helps with controlling opposing political view points and keeping ideals polarised so that they can knock each other out and distract the attention away from Gangsters like the Bush family who are only interested in growing their oil and arms empires along with whoever else is building the tomahawk cruise missiles, heat seeking technology and of course subsonic invisible fighter jets created to massacre innocent civilians in their target area with great efficiency.

After they poisoned Bob Marley for being far too influential, his theories ard common sense were massive threats to the status quo, they even went as far as electing a oeanut farmer to run the country while they were grooming Ronald for greatness. He was drastically needed to enable them to conquer Latin Central America and then take control of Mexico's advantageous Geography. They knew they couldn't get away with going to war in Mexico, so they decided to set up puppet leaders in Panama, Nicaragua and opened negotiations with the communist cartels in Salvador and Honduras. In fairness this is just history and not really controversial any more. In exchange for a concerning interest in his media empire and cart blanche access for his companies into the US economy Rubert Murdoch agreed with the republicans to essential bury and disable broadcasts of the attrocities perpetrated by US Contra Rebels in the 80's, all across the entire mid continent of Central America, the US state arranged assassinations, kidnappings, torture and maiming were covered up by CNN at the request of the CIA, whose official strategy was to disable the drug supply into California and Florida ,whereas the actual strategy was to control and manipulate the entire region politically. I would not make the mistake of thinking that Ronald Reagan had a bulls notion what was going on, that actor has to have been the most plamásed gobshight to fraternise Capital Hill, he hadn't an absolute Scoobies what was happening. Nancy was most likely the brains of whatever operation they were led to believe they were actually running. Reagan was a complete and utter flute, total clown who actually spent the last 2 years running the country with severe Dementia, it is comical to reconcile that period now and fathom how the Bush family and in particular George Senior essentially have kept indirect power in the US since Reagan took office in 1980. Look it up, albeit I will accept that the Clintons were a distractive influence and hindered the Bush's exploits dramatically. It is intriguing how everything collapsed when George Senior passed away. In case you are not aware after he finished flying fighter jets with the USAF George Senior became the Director of the CIA, he ran the show physically before he even had notions of running the whole shebang, warts and all.

Anyways, in the 70's the CIA got the heebies when they saw how Otis Reading, Curtis Mayfield and Dionne Warwick and the Supremes, et all, were gathering too much traction, influence and support for their brilliant talents and music production that the CIA felt they had to establish a nasty, divisive, sexist and talentless music to discredit black communities and subjugate them back into the ghettos, where any seedlings of national influence were soon diminished or exterminated. It is pretty ruthless stuff. They basically invented an utterly shight, indecipherable, unlistenable dross which is commonly known as Gangter Rap and ensured that it generated as much exposures to white middle class America, whose noble and overworked patriarchs were already substantially paranoid about the plausibility of their sweet 16 year old, Madonna singing daughters, were potentially in danger of being driven screaming in lustful ecstasy into a gaping squirt Orgasm by a gang of uncoothe completely untalented African American Knackers with penis's that often were immeasurable with a 12 inch school ruler. The same crap, untalented rappers who were simultaneously being scrutinised for the spread of the AID's virus rampant and plaguing an entire generation.

The CIA made sure this drivel got it's own show every week shown via the then national terrestrial MTV. The usual modus operandi was to gather up around 200 unemployed African Americans from deprived areas who were then dressed up in snazzy expensive sportswear and asked to dance on the same spot ridiculously swinging their hips like a 90 year old attempting to Samba, it looked so phucking stupid. They insisted that all performers were to remain high as kites on craic cocaine, super strong Sensi Melia and oversized glass 2 litres of cheap American pish beer. Whilst rotating themselves the actors were further instructed to shout indistinguishable trite lyrics such as " Aw Yeah " or " hey , you all know what I am saying..... bitches " which to be quite frank with you I have always found side splittingly ironic, given the fact that no one on the planet has ever really conclusively got to the bottom of such obscene degrading senseless drivel that the CIA made them perform. To ensure that Gangster Rap was affective in manipulating white american's into a state of fear and paranoid, trifled with a sincere distrust of their ethnic diverse citizens, the CIA permitted the actors to perform sexual profanities which could arguably have set back the fantastic progress the feminist movement had delivered through out the 60 and 70's.

That fact alone exposes the strategy. The White Elite simply did not want black Americans getting respect from white Americans. People in power are constantly having to reinforce it to potential opposition. The power in America is constantly privatising it self and introdcuing measures of self preservation.

The plan did work insofar as racial segregation was facilitated by the polarising influence which violent, sexist rhymes promoting rape culture and demeaning women as sex objects, would ensure that middle class America sent their new progressive democratic expectation of Black America back a good 20 or 30 years, as far as the 1950's and essentially a soft unofficial apartheid was initiated at that time under the careful and effective manipulation of the CIA vis a vis the Bush international crime syndicate. Therein lies another great irony via the idiotic influence and exposure of Gangster rap to mainstream media did much to distract most Americans of their invasion of Iraq and the decimation of its troublesome regime and its obstacle to the Oil companies taking over the middle east via a media smoke screen initiated by Rupert Murdoch's Sky News who essentially video documented and filmed that entire atrocity and also comdemng millions of innoient Iraqi citizens to a war which essentially has not ended since the US commenced Desert Storm in 1990. The US has occupied the sovereign state of Iraq for almost 33 years now. Saddam Hussein was only in power for 24 years. In fairness most US mercenaries are possibly more subtle and tactful when kidnapping or assassinating persons of interest who they have decided they could no longer tolerate interfering with their plans to take over the country and install a more amenable government to enable their objective.

Apols if I got a bit off track there, but I am also highlighting to anyone who has bothered to get this far that it was important that the CIA gave the US public something else closer to home, to avoid anyone copping on that the Bushes were in the process of enabling an illegal invasion of a foreign sovereign state under the camouflage of the man hunt and deposing of its acclaimed and worshipped leader who had spent his entire life dedicating his service to his country. 

Finally and perhaps most significantly to ensure that this utter diabolical dross was heard by the under 12's and vulnerable teenage populations of America, the CIA came up with ingenious idea to stick a large black sticker across the front cover of the CD, or Album, advising parents and other consumers that all Black Americans do is rap sexist or even racist or inciteful distasteful profanities, all whilst dancing around back yard swimming pools waving their arms in the air and getting trollied drunk on Champagne, Grass and Cocaine, whilst rapping pure shight drivel to a monotonously slow beat that white people never look comfortable getting down to, especially any new US bigots or racists the CIA are responsible for nurturing and implementing.

As Tracy Chapman once succinctly said " don't you know, they are talking about a revolution, and it sounds ... like a whisper" The CIA simply refuse to tolerate black folk radicals and influencers. Poor Tracy Chapman got subtley ridiculed as an aggressive female homosexual whose Dad was an alcoholic and kept on bringing up the rather annoying and nagging home truths about societies abandonment of women's rights through its consistent cowardice and ineffectual substandard efforts at finally tackling and maybe eradicating the crime and cancer which is Domestic violence. They simply couldn't have some charismatic, influentniail rework of Otis Reading, whose plane they blew out of the sky when ,like Bob Marley, they murdered him in 1967.  

Thankfully for Tracy Chapman they asked Suzanne Vega to get off her arse and murky up the waters and to ensure she crossed over they even did a rap version of stupid tripe about observing the nothingness that happens in a greasy spoon diner of a morning. The CIA are ruthless. Far better off having teenagers rhyming about salt cannisters than become aware of a dysfunctional poilce force enable or unwilling to stick up to domestic violence. 

To highlight my suspicions about the popularity of such crap music, which is not uncommon in the POP scene, please take this opportunity to read the first pararaph of the ever popular debut solo album from the globally loved and adored Snoop Dogg's rap " it ain't know fun if the homees can't have none ( sex)

It goes a liddle sumting like dis mudda phuckas, peace y/all...... and word to ya Mommas?

When I met you last night, baby

Before you opened up your gap

I had respect for you, lady

But now, I take it all back

'Cause you gave me all your pussy

And you even licked my balls

Leave your number on the cabinet

And I promise, baby, I'll give you a call

Next time I'm feelin' kinda horny

You can come on over

And I'll break you off

And if you can't **** that day, baby

Just lay back and open your mouth

'Cause I have never met a girl,That I love in the whole wide world

What a nice harmony that is? It still makes me laugh how hey have gotten away with it for so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Gold plated An Post salaries and pensions vs race-to-bottom private couriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Im out of bed now, thanks for the reminder that i need to get off the Internet and do something with my day

If the Burkes were adherents of a religion other than Christianity, the ridicule wouldn't be coming in so thick and fast.

Irish Muslim Council came out against the teaching gender identity issues in primary schools, hardly a whimper out of the media.

Nobody cares about their views. It's the carry on of the lot of them that has made them a joke.

Still in my coffin foxy.

Vampires live very different lives to mortals like yourself.

This is a very difficult time for Vampires, coming into the extended daylight period we have to sacrifice hours of our existence. Lean times.

Have a nice day Foxy, I hope it brings you further opportunities to see the world as you like it. You should probably listen to some tripe concocted by over medicated, talentless wannabe rap stars who the CIA allowed Suge Knight to promote. A critique like yourself would appreciate " Phuck the Police" by the best selling artists NWA , who astonishingly were never arrested or incarcerated at any stage during their dramatic rise to global stardom.

Thankfully the CIA strategy backfired, as 1000's of other talented Hip Hop artists were also appreciated by the remainder of the public in the US, if anything there awkward prominence amongst Black Americans actually galvanised their efforts to broadcast real decent rap music and ratify it as a globally accepted art form. I love it when real talent manages to traverse the adversity it faces at the hands of blandness.

Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Holy ****, I'm just mellowing after my Mother's Day luncheon and cocktail - you need to get out more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

He can't get out more he is a vampire, he has given up all earthly pleasures in return for eternal life, can never be hurt again but also never feel love again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In fairness, he’s right.

if Johnny Cash or any standard white artist had come out with the sheer levels of misogyny, racism, sexism, songs advocating violence, etc that are often prevalent in rap lyrics, never mind singing about Folsom prison, he’d have been put in there….

As for the CIA nonsense, ughhhhh seriously…. 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Martin 4k drops next wk.

McDonald’s cheeseburgers are better out of the microwave a day later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Cappuccinos are rank.

No it is a widely accepted that the CIA have specific units which would be employed to manipulate opinion and attitudes within the domestic culture of America. They certainly used commercial music as a way to influence the general public.

Such tact was not just employed within the United States.

It is widely now accepted that they used Western Rock Music to influence the youth of the former Soviet Union. The Scorpions one hit wonder - The Winds of Change - which is the anthem of the reunification of Germany and went number 1 right across the pop charts of the former soviet block, from Riga down to Baku. I mean the Scorpions were a small town domestic rock outfit from Hannover, in the middle of Germany. The Winds of Change was written for the 11th album, before that song hit the entire planet, those guys were nobodies. It is touted and rumoured that the CIA hand plucked them from the dive bars of Hannover's red light district and made them global megastars in the space of a year. All the rest of their music is fairly brutal, but the words of Winds of Change and its references to Gorky Park and the city of Moscow went platinum.

If they were up to promoting downbeat German rockstars I would imagine shadowing depraved talentless Rappers was a doddle.

There is a podcast I listened to before about the Winds of Change. The band leader denies it. But his life was transformed by that one song. You take me out of a broken existence in the German rock scene and land me in the middle of Los Angeles as an international megastar... I might play whatever tune you want me too. No problem.

Gangster rap is appalling garbage. It is drivel. They made it popular because rap acts like Del La Soul or Arrested Development were going mainstream. They were terrified of allowing that culture having influence, so they decided to shight all over it and display it as a music enjoyed by American Black Trash, they wanted white America to be disturbed by it.

They are doing the same thing in modern society with the whole Trans argument that has facebookers tearing down statues with their facemasks on. Having such polarised viewpoints deflects whatever illegal foreign policy the hawks are using. Fat easier to flood the television sets with crying fat crossdressers than it is to interview the 17,000 amputees returning from Afghanistan?

Don't get me started on the sitcoms, I have to attend a bat orgy in the attic of Kilkenny Castle later on. Bat orgies are amazing.

They seem to live rent free in the heads of those "not caring" about their views, bordering on voyeuristic obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Yes exactly. Everyone secretly knows the king of coffee is the mocha the perfect combination of coffee and chocolate.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll go one better. Coffee is rank. I'm seeing a correlation between coffee drinkers and people who like burnt meat (but still strangely a rare steak...). I reckon these people have no taste buds.

I'd wager tea or coffee wouldn't be a thing without the caffeine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Steak should be extremely well done , otherwise grazing in a field imo of course . I was going to say my controversial opinion was that Ireland are NOT the no.1 rugby team in the world. But a 4th grand slam and a series win in NZ has me wondering if we could win the World Cup ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Let children identify however they want. Let parents raise their children without genders.

We don’t need a discussion or endless articles and debate about it. No one can say what harm it will do. No one can say it’s better or worse than they are being raised now.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Democracy, whilst a good and noble system where it works, does not suit all countries or cultures.

Many countries currently dogged by religious extremism, intolerance, poverty, superstition and general turmoil are probably better run by a strong but benevolent autocratic leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,287 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A good place to start with there is the film, Kill The Messenger, about a journalist exposing the CIA's connection with the Contras of importing crack cocaine into America.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

...yes very likely, but how does that stop you from doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think the way some democracy’s are going , they would also be better served with a benevolent autocrat. Look how poorly western democracies choose leaders and how dysfunctional the political systems have become.

Can you imagine Trump had no checks and balances holding him back? Half of Mexico would be part of the US at this stage!

I think humans are destined to always f**k good things up through self inflicted damage. We also have a deplorable record at following madmen, psychopaths, sociopaths, con artists and egotistical w*nkers. I’m not sure any country can say it hasn’t had at least one of those in the past.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I think killing is a bit much but you are allowed to use physical self-defence against intruders. No issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Anyone who doesn’t sign their kids up to the ‘Stay Safe’ and RSE programmes in school should be reported to Tusla.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Twitter and Facebook aren't the only social media platforms with bot accounts run by special interest groups such as foreign government agencies.

They exist here on boards as well. It is my belief that the site administrators tolerate them and their behaviour purely to drive views to certain threads especially a topic in geopolitics that has been in the headlines for a while. I'm sure you all know what it is.

It wouldn't surprise me as well if there was money under the table for boards as well to help facilitate pushing certain viewpoints.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Advertisement