Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2023 (Round 2) Rosslare (25th Mar @12:30pm)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭blue note

How's the training going for this? I'm not getting to hit as many balls as I'd like, but didn't padraig Harrington have some notion about gaining weight to improve his game? I think I might try that. Especially since we've half a sixteen person cake leftover from my daughter's birthday. She's far too young for all that sugar. The wife has to watch her diet with the pregnancy. I think I'll eat it all to be in peak physical condition for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Playing very little last month. Might try get out to the range tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I haven’t hit a ball since Corballis!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Two weeks since I played any

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Played first official 18 hole comp of the year in my home place this weekend. Not the best conditions, drove and struck the ball well, few chunky wedges hitting from dirty muddy lies, and putting wasn't great.

Haven't been playing very much recently, so nice to get back out on the course.

Strokes from the tips and first major of the year in my place next weekend, St Patrick's Day Cup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Half a round since Mt Juliet, be grand

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Also barely hit a ball, but will try get out this weekend. Might get a round in the Curragh or Roganstown next week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Jaysus , ye need to change jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have put myself down with TigerWood for this, but I can change time if needs be to fill up slots etc

You're good. Society admin will rejig the slots to remove gaps in the next few days.

• Advertisement

Wind w/sw predicted for Saturday.

Prevailing wind for Rosslare. Make a few gains as far as number 7. Then hold on to your pants all the way to the 18th tee before the wind is helping again.

Hi All, looking forward to the weekend. After talking to course, we'll be going out as three balls for this one. Teetimes may be rejigged before Saturday so please keep your eye on clubnet.

Going out as three balls should keep our group moving nicely, but for those who are new I'll reiterate the two basic pace of play principles:

1) DO NOT be afraid to suggest your group picks up the pace when you feel it needs to be said.

2) DO NOT be insulted when a playing partner in your group suggests the pace needs to be picked up.

Get your name down on the timesheet if you haven't already. Get practicing for your first boards round of the year having a full set of 14 clubs in the bag and if @bakerbhoy is to be believed then also try get comfortable playing in wind!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a boards event...the safe bet is windy and raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Eh excuse you sir. Do you not know the Sun always shines on boards outings!😉

Damn right benny. Not necessarily in the same place but you can be damn sure the sun will shine on Saturday.

And I think the three balls will work better anyway. Faster and more sociable in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bobster453

Nice one on changes to timesheet.

Have time to get my hair done now😂

Timesheet changes made and would ask all to double check your new times please.

How close to Saturday's tee time can you cancel and get refunded on ClubNet? May/may not have to attend a match, so not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

You would need to make a decision before 4pm on Friday. But as early as possible so the club can be informed.

Hopefully you can make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

I'll be there Saturday, looking forward to it. But can my playing partners take my card as I'll be cutting it fine for my tee time.. Can only leave Dublin at 12 so ETA in Rosslare is 1345.

Should be grand. We can switch you into the last group if you're running later than planned. I'll PM you.

Just to offer once more - I'll be driving down from Portmarnock and don't mind making a reasonable detour to bring someone down. I'm first out and probably won't be hanging around until the end after the round as my wife wants me home earlyish. I assume she has planned fun and relaxing things for me to do.

I recently read the wikipedia page on lobsters and found it very interesting. So that will be a conversation topic for part of the journey.

so you are offering to pick up strangers from the internet for a drive in your car to talk about Lobsters and the fun which your wife has planned for the night 😁

Yes. And there are still spots available! I'm as shocked as you are. 😀

Thanks, I've removed myself from the tee sheet now. Does the entry fee/2s get refunded into the ClubNet account automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Bit of a teaser for the weekend, couple of years old, but imagine it should still be looking similar

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Snackbox20

Great little video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 oma29

Very sorry for the late notice but I can't make it on Saturday and just removed myself from 2:00 pm tee time. Hope everyone has a great day.

Advertisement