Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Statements being stopped by Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 20-03-2023 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello,

I got a message today telling me that BOI will cease to send me a twice yearly paper statement.

In the message there is the option to continue receiving paper statement by sending a text message to a 50365 which I have done and the only response I got was a text message in reply that said "Thank you for banking with BOI"

What is supposed to have happened here in this scenario?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We can certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant team in regards to this and come back to you here with an update.

Please see below also to opt back to paper statements.

Customers can opt back to paper statements by changing their preferences under “Manage Accounts via 365 online;

• Tap 'Services' on the bottom menu.

• Select 'Manage statements'.

• Choose 'Turn paper statements on/off'

• Tap each account you wish to toggle paper statements on or off for.

• Alternatively customers can chose to contact 0818 365 365 for support in opting back to paper statements after 20 May 2023 

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Creasey

"We can certainly pass on your feedback to the relevant team in regards to this and come back to you here with an update." - Please do, especially with regard to:

"In the message there is the option to continue receiving paper statement by sending a text message to a 50365 which I have done and the only response I got was a text message in reply that said "Thank you for banking with BOI"

What is supposed to have happened here in this scenario?"

"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Our team have confirmed that you will be opted back to paper statements in this case.

Apologies for any confusion in regards to the wording of the reply and we have made our team aware of this.

We appreciate your feedback,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Creasey

Hello Declan,

"Our team have confirmed that you will be opted back to paper statements in this case."

So is this referring specifically to me then?, that I will continue to have paper statements sent out for my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Hello Declan,

"Our team have confirmed that you will be opted back to paper statements in this case."

So is this referring specifically to me then?, that I will continue to have paper statements sent out for my account?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

>>>>>> Will that apply to ALL Statements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is there a charge to continue to receive paper statements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

There is no charge applied for ordering statements by post for your account.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If I can opt back to have paper statements why did I get this email?

Dear Customer,

I am writing to let you know that from 20 May 2023 we will no longer be sending paper statements to customers actively using 365 online to bank with us. Instead, customers with a Bank of Ireland current account, credit card or demand deposit account will continue to get eStatements.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement