Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancel Way, Newcastle, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

Kerry

i have the same question!

We booked a 3bed. Work seems to be going as per plan. Externally all seems good. Don’t hear much from the sales team though, which is sometimes disappointing. Phase two houses appear to be a lot closer to phase 1, when compared to the distance as per site plan. Keen to see the show house, we’ll decide then. Also haven’t heard much of Dwellings developers, so will be good to know if you have any insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Walley

Hey,

Same here @jsemails, we reserved a 3 bed and haven't heard much. Outside looks great but would like to see the inside.

Has anyone heard anything about getting to visit the site or when the show house is ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrybyrne

Hi,

We've also booked a 3-bed! From outside they look great, and work seems to be going well. Yeah we have heard very little too tbh. We were told the show house should be ready to view soon but still waiting on a date. Not sure which house is going to be the show house. Yeah the house behind us very close, a lot closer than expected. Have you heard anything about contracts yet?

Don't know much about Dwellings either unfortunately. Other than what the agent told us which is all very positive.

Looking forward to seeing the kitchen, bathroom and floors!

Hey we have a 3-bed reserved too. We were told we weren't allowed visit yet but the show house would be ready soon. No dates though. No idea which house will be the showhouse or will there be a 3 and 4 bed one.

Very excited to see the inside.

Great, we can't wait to see the finish too. There are photos on Dwellings LinkedIn page which are encouraging, but we think this is the 4 bed.

Though without contracts or a date to see a showhouse, it is a bit frustrating.

I'm sure it won't be much longer. If we hear of anything, we will let you know.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Kate saying contracts should be out tomorrow 3 Feb, although wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week. Show house i have been waiting for since the last week of Dec (initially communicated milestone). Unfortunately we are not comfortable finalising anything (even if contracts are sent)until we see the show house and are in the property being shown the place.

I wish their updates on progress were a bit proactive (but all good if the show house is good).

Fixed Interest rate hike from BOI, 0.75%, unfortunately it is most likely going to impact us, as we need the contracts finalised and submitted latest by 11th, so it will be close.

Good luck guys!

Hey

Did either of you receive contracts yet @jsemails @Walley. We are still waiting to hear.

Enquired again this week about the show house but still no date.

Still no sign of contracts at our end, last we heard was they are sending the individual packs this week! We'll believe it when we see it! 

We also heard there were opportunities for house visits coming up. All a bit same same!

Nope nothing yet!

Although we did see their version of an almost ready show house. I’d say it was 15% done. So I have asked them to give me another slot coming Friday

• Advertisement

Agree @jsemails a lot still to be completed. 

We managed to visit the site on Friday. Really liked what we saw, kitchen is lovely and bedrooms are a good size. 

Just yesterday we got an email saying there is a delay of 4-6 weeks which was also indicated during the visit. Sounds like its not the worst delay compared to other developments!

Hi @jsemails @Walley

We got to see our house last week too and we were very impressed. We were told end of March / start of April? Didn't receive the email, are the dates along the same lines?

Really wish we could get an early completion as our mortgage rates are going up.

Contracts have arrived.

@kerrybyrne , yea completion dates are along the same lines.

@Walley ours arrived, and the solicitor said there was no completion date but we were told it could be the end of April, start of May now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SWG51

Hi,

I have signed contracts on a 3 bed in Chancel Way, the last update we received was end of April start of May, has anyone heard anything different? Worried it could fall into June. Thanks!

Hey @SWG51 yeah we were told 4-6 weeks from the end of March, but we rang them last week and they said something along the lines of "you could even add a couple of weeks on to that". So I wouldn't be surprised if it fell into June, but really hoping it doesn't. Especially with interest rate increases. ☹️

Thanks a mill!!! We went down and had a look and it looked positive, the show house interior was done. I will ring tomorrow and let you know if anything different is said, surely it has to be done by June.

@kerrybyrne We spoke with them yesterday and said 2nd week of May is worst case scenario so staying postive that will be the case.

Hey @SWG51 thanks for the update. I really hope that is the case! It would be good to get an actual date soon. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement

It looks really nice! Hopefully it won't be long now 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kingofthecastle

I’d be concerned that May is looking very optimistic at this stage. Big mortgage interest rate increases in May/June and looks unlikely draw down will happen before then. Still a lot of docs missing from contract and no sign of snagging even starting yet 🤦🏻‍♂️

@kingofthecastle have you received an update to think this way? The last we heard this week the water had been connected so am being optimistic for May @kerrybyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lyonsk

Hi All,

Does anybody know if the deposits are refundable on the properties in this development?

Deposits are refundable. So I was told when handing it over anyway.

The fact that there has been no mention of snagging yet would indicate that we’re more than a month away from moving in

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

The estate agent is still indicating May for completion so hopefully they are still on track. Any chance anyone has any photos of the bathrooms ? We were in the show house some weeks ago but there wasn’t much completed so I’m curious to see how the bathrooms are looking. Thanks !

They were indicating end of April last month, so I wouldn’t hang my hat in anytime in May

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

I would plan for end of July, unofficially that's what we heard from a contact in Beuchamps. The scheme map isn't completed, no roads built, no street lighting, no water connection. Still a good way off from being acceptable for a bank to allow mortgage draw down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

Updated photos of the show house completed are on daft now

Advertisement