Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Next best on the D/N meter seems to be Flogas with 39.85c day and 19.31c night

The export rate is decent at 24c

Standing charge is a nightmare at nearly €400

It's fixed for a year, which can be a good or bad thing depending on where prices go

I think I'll be going for that one in May when my discount is up

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

I'm on a smart meter night boost plan with EI, still getting deemed export and estimated reads for 12 days on my most recent monthly bill. This is despite ESBN having all the data on their end. Its a bit of a mess tbh, but the night boost, battery and solar has allowed me to move most of my units to that 2 hour night boost window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭micks_address

pretty much in same boat.. re summer time starting this weekend - does the EI nighboost adjust itself one hour forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks a lot, will check it out. and I'm curious, I see the 10% discount on Energia's Smart EV plan, so did you haggle with them on the phone to get the 40% discount?!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

was onto EI there for the craic and the best they will offer discount wise on nightboost rate is 8.5% - already on 5.5% discount just for online billing and direct debit so they arent killing themselves.. in terms of feed in tarrif.. ive heard bad things about Board gais but what are the others like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Bord gais owe me a fortune for FIT. have never got a penny. Now ill be moving from them and they will probably use that as another excuse not to pay. Beginning to wonder if i am exporting all this juice for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Have u checked with ESBN that your NC6 form was received? i lost out on 6 months b/c i never checked....

can someone quickly clear up something for me.. the CEG rates are quoted as incl. and excl. of VAT, so which one do we sellers use to calculate CEG payment?, I thought it was the ex.VAT rate, so in the case of Flogas it would be 22c and not 24c. I ask this because I notice that the Export Units CEG payment amount was added to my Energia bill after VAT was applied to the other bill items.

I suspect it's up to the provider. I guess for most providers they're providing a credit after VAT of the amount of export units times the VAT inclusive rate

Are you saying they Energia provided a credit after VAT using the export rate which doesn't include VAT (18c)?

I think strictly speaking they should be doing everything pre VAT and then just adding the VAT percentage, but I'm not sure if that works out to the same amount of credit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Energia seem to be after VAT but most others seem before vat

• Advertisement

so from Energia's own FAQ..

"... There is no published guidance for customers in relation to the VAT treatment of electricity exported to the grid by customers."

So I guess Energia isn't applying VAT to the CEG as Revenue haven't instructed the providers to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Oh it was received. But it wasnt "processed" for another 5 months, so only starts from then anyway.

So if you divide the amount of credit bynyjr the exported units from your bill does it work out to 18c/kWh?

EI have been paying 'micro generation credit' on my bill since december.. they just havent issued me a march bill...

yep, it's very explicit on the bill, I was just asking as the incl. VAT rate is stated on supplier websites and on here, so was wondering if Energia's treatment was correct or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

@jkforde

, I see the 10% discount on Energia's Smart EV plan, so did you haggle with them on the phone to get the 40% discount?!

They actually agreed to give me the D/N plan in Sept, then backed out. Took a couple of months, complaints, emails & lots of phone time. When offered the 40% + some small compensation, I was able to see how close it was (for me) to the D/N plan with a 10% discount, so accepted it.

The rate is not fixed, but the discount is good for two years. Hoping the rates come down, but expect the discounts to go up first.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

If you move to a smart tariff is it possible to revert back to the 24 hour a day tariff?

My energy provider clearly stated no as it would require some kind of meter reconfiguration.

Bonkers.ie and Switcher.ie also state this.

I rang CRU twice and they stated post the completion of one's smart tariff contract you should be able to switch back to the 24 hour a day tariff.

I've heard so many scare stories that smart tariffs may end up more expensive ( most especially the day/night tariff ) and I'd like to have the reassurance that I can revert back to the standard tariff if I do in fact dip my feet into the smart tariff market.

Once you go to a smart plan you can't go back to a 24 hours meter.

Smart meters are the replacement for the 24 hour meters so they don't want people changing back

You should still be able to switch to a D/N meter as they aren't currently being replaced with Smart meters

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Once a smart meter is activated, you can't move back to traditional 24 hr plans.

I think Electric Ireland do offer a 24 hr smart plan though. I think they are the only one that does it to my knowledge

This is not possible, once you go mcc12/mcc16 (smart tariffs) theres no going back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This is my problem aswell since the f**kers took my meter out - Im currently on a 24 hour plan. .4431 per unit.

Cheapest smart tarriff with current supplier gives me .4330 unit rate.Peak .5289 and night .3182 cent per unit.

Free day on either Saturday or Sunday.

Realistically I only use 1.5 units from 12 midnight to 6.00 am.My base load is under 200 watts. Im generating on a bad day 5kw and on a good day 12-15

I cant see the savings anywhere by changing.

The only real savings I can see is their FIT of .1835 per unit.

Is it even worth changing from a 24 plan to the plan above?

sum up your yearly usage, estimate likely nightly usage since your on 24hr atm, and apply the various offered smart rates (import and export, standing charges, PSO (now -€97)) in an excel sheet and you'll see if it makes sense for you, but I'm vvvv wary of being lured into a smart TOU tariff by a high CEG rate (e.g. SSE 24c) only for them to then change everything again, not an entirely unbelievable scenario in this cuntry!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Does this meter have a brake fitted to prevent exporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭con747

Yes, the ratchet means it's not going to spin backwards. You will get paid deemed export anyway with it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Dont change. Once you change you cant change back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So stay on 24 hour plan?

They wont give me a day/night tarriff.

Heres another one - do I have to be on a smart plan to get FIT?

I know the T&Cs say you have to have a smart meter ( or be eligible for a smart meter) but theres no mention of being on a smart plan.

If you have a smart non activated meter, as far as I'm aware, you get the fit payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Bord Gais saying now that payment won't be made until April due to "a few issues with this process" . They've only had how many months/years to figure this out?

Advertisement