Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

This man is very violent. He should be a high-security male prison.

Where is he from?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,659 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

But why give them any special treatment at all? They are what they are, not what they say they are, and what they are determines the prison they go to, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,333 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah... I'm not going down that road again. Just read my posts from the last two pages - especially the ones to Leg End and the one to Michael Wide Tongs.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Salty wokes:

Normal people:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Karppi

I've said it before, and I'll likely say it again. Have a listen to the podcast, "The Witch Trials of JK Rowling". I'm finding it very interesting and my take is that she's not at all anti-Trans (and you should hear some of the tweets etc she's received - unbelievably bad) - she's pro-Women. The two ain't mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I'm told this lad is Brazilian, based in Trim.

Well, that's the thing. If you're a proper feminist and don't include men in your feminist agenda you are in fact literally Hitler.

• Advertisement

True, maybe not Hitler-Hitler, more like a level of Hitler. Let's have a Hitler scale, from 0 being totally not Hitler to 10 being 100% literally true Hitler: Zero, well, no one is zero. She is about 1, maybe 2. I'm about 4. People boycotting this game are around 7. People sending her death threats are around 8. Why are the last 2 so close together? Because both are looking to cause harm to others who don't share their beliefs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have two balls so i'm the equivalent of two hitlers.

Oh my god the sexually violent language used to abuse her. As bad as the worst corners of misogyny. But they're the good guys apparently. Total scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

There was a saying proto-wokies had about a decade ago, "no bad tactics only bad targets" and it seems to be very true in Rowling's case

Do these people ever think to themselves 'jaysus but I'm an awful gobshíte'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Obviously the threats of violence can never be justified but that doesn't change the fact that JK Rowling is absolutely trans-phobic.

She has effectively dedicated the past five years of her life to demonising trans-women(1), at one stage she referred to them as "violent, duplicitous rapists,"(2) and she has become so twisted in venom and hate that she fraternises with (cis)women who campaign against same-sex (aka gay) rights simply to spite the trans-community(3).

I would urge anyone who is ambivalent about Rowling to follow the links I have peppered through this post, and to draw their own conclusions.

The fact is that no honest actor, armed with the facts and an absolute refusal to be deluded by anti-trans rhetoric, could look at how JK Rowling behaves and not come to the conclusion that Rowling has some deep-seated hatred of trans-people. That is not legitimised, incidentally, because she has been the victim of abuse online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

She reffered to a "transwoman" as a violent duplicitous rapist not all transpeople like is implied. And that person is violent and has assulted several women even while in prison but to be fair I can't find any mention he's actually a rapist.

There is no hate in her oppinions, just her unwillingness to accept ideology as facts. And when you call for tolerance and acceptance you need to accept and tolerate oppinions you don't agree with, that's how it works.

There is "no hate in her oppinions[sic]" except when she supports anti-gay activists to spite the trans community[1][2][3].

• Advertisement

Yes you and the rest of the mob of haters still can't find any hateful quote of her so you go around finding some tweets in which she literally sends love and support to others and you bend over backwards to make it appear that other's opinions are her own. You can't find a single hateful comment directly coming from her because there is none. There is no hate. Not a single bit. So leave the poor woman alone she hasn't done anything wrong.

JK Rowling doesn't hate trans-people and yet she has spent half a decade promoting her anti-trans biases, vocally supports people who are mask-off bigots towards trans-people(1), and has written a novel that "features a serial killer who lures his victims into a false sense of security by dressing as a woman"(2).

As for "leaving her alone," I am leaving her alone. I don't use Twitter, or any other social media so I have never tried to contact or "@" her in any way. I am merely commenting on her actions and, more importantly, educating any of the people reading who may leave this thread under the impression that Rowling is not a transphobe.

Like I said before, her being a transphobe doesn't excuse people sending her death threats etc. But, conversely, being sent death threats does not mean that she is not guilty of supporting transphobia.

@Cordell, I dare say that you are the one who needs "to accept and tolerate oppinions[sic] you don't agree with."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Funny how you lot just label everybody who doesn't swallow what you say whole and actually tries to debate/reason as a phobe/nazi/fascist. Real tolerant people.

Your signature basically says it all. I'm right and don't dare speak back.

yes I got it it's a single p English is not my first language and it's racist to hold me to the same standards as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I wonder if all the hate and death threats JK Rowling gets because of her views on transgender people makes her more anti-trans. If a group of people were abusing, hating and threatening me, I'd think **** you I'm not backing down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I always find it interesting how people (CGI in this case) throw about the phrase "transphobia" the way a couple of hundred years ago people would have been labelled heretics or blasphemers.

There's usually very little attempt at rational argument other than "Here's a view that disagrees with the main view, so it must therefore be transphobic/heretical". And like religion, the idea I can simply decide my gender is a matter to be accepted on faith with no real proof.

And when you look at the Tavistock scandal - when a woman sued the NHS over fairly major trans surgery she later regretted and successfully argued she hadn't been questioned enough - you can see just how damaging comments like CGI's can be in real life. And how important it can be for someone of Rowling's profile to speak out against them.

They are not the first doctors to try experimental and ideologically motivated treatments on children.

Depends - if they preseneted decent arguments, I'd be open. If they just yelled abuse, no.

• that’s enough. Both of you remember attack the post not the poster.

Last warning both of you.

• Advertisement

• it’s too easy these days to decry an opinion other than your own, apparently it’s even easier to label someone’s opinion as phobic of some sort.

unfortunately that has led to the words not having the same meaning anymore. At one time being homophobic meant you were absolutely intolerant to the point of genuine hatred towards gay people.

Nowadays you’re homophobic if you don’t want to date a gay man apparently.. the Mrs showed me a video the other day of someone (who I can only assume was serious it didn’t come across as a joke) basically telling you if you don’t want to date a trans woman as a straight man ur transphobic.

i would’ve thought it just meant I wasn’t attracted to someone with a willy but ok fair enough I’m a transphobe I guess

point being I’ve a lot of time for the LGBT community but that just really pisses me off tbh. I’m transphobic because I wouldn’t date someone who has a penis, ok, cool. fcuk you then.

edit: just to touch off it, JK Rowling is another matter she has some opinions I personally find unsavoury, but the way she’s been attacked online is disgraceful nevertheless. The people “defending” LGBT are behaving in a despicable fashion and really not helping their case.

She doesn’t deserve death threats and the likes for her opinions and I can’t believe I actually read someone say that a book about a serial killer who dresses as a woman to trick men is being labelled as transphobic… I’m almost positive that is either an actual thing that happened or a story of some kind that existed before. Might be wrong but I don’t believe that idea was a fully original one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement