Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all, fantastic til off regarding the reduced PCP APR until the end of March. It is allowing me to change my City for a Life! Now my problem is choosing the colour. I have Mang Grey currently so Now this is discontinued Black is probably the choice but the Kings Red looks appealing. Any thoughts?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Definitely go for the black. We would have went for that last year if it was available then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

GET THE RED!!!!

Seriously, it's a fantastic looking colour, really stands out in a good way

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

In fairness, they have a great colour lineup but.....go for the red!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I've just had a look at the relatively new charging function in the WeConnect app. I set up "home" as a location in the app yesterday. When I went in to set charging times, all I could see were departure times which seems a bit pointless. In settings, however, there are a few options to set your charging time to "off-peak." Do I just turn one of these on and the car will charge at those times only? I can see that it is possible to adjust the time slots in the car. I'm not risking a timed charge until I have full confirmation. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Its not very intuitive to be honest but you are on the right track.

You setup a location... which you've done.

Then into "Departure times"

Then "Charging settings"

Then "Preferred times" is where you pick what time slots you want the car to use.

When you exit the car you need to make sure that the screen is showing that it is in "Preferred times" mode. It regularly resets itself to "Charge immediately" so it can catch you out and you find you have a fully charged car on expensive day rate so keep an eye on that as you exit the car. I think its a bug in the app that causes that problem but other than that it works as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

yeah it can get messy... thats why ive just set the zappi to take care of any overnight charging schedules.. of course the vw app gets cranky about that to with notifications but i just ignore them

That's very annoying and a bit risky. Why so complicated you have to ask. I think the alarm on the phone at 11 pm is still the best option for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Get the Red !! I exchanged my 1st edition, in Mang Grey, for the DX Life and picked it up two weeks ago. The Red is fab, absolutely delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Advertisement

It works reasonably well except for the fact that it resets the charging method every so often

The charging will behave slightly differently depending on which option. If you set it for departure time then it'll try to load the charging towards the end of that time

If you select preferred times then the car will try to spread out the charging across the whole time window

I think the idea is to try and reduce the load on the grid, so you might charge at 3.6kW for 8 hours instead of 7.2kW for 4 hours

Personally I use the Zappi to control everything, but that's because I'm trying to charge the car from Solar as much as possible

I had planned to keep it another year, but the dealership rang me, I have a good relationship with the sales guy, and said I could move to a new model for nothing down and €100 less a month in repayments (Im on PCP). It was a no brainer 😄

That was back in November '22. Happy I did, as it locked in the lower PCP interest rate for me too, they are now over 6%

Point me to this dealer. Mine are usually telling me my car is worth nothing and hiting me with a large deposit and higher repayments. 😅

I had that with BMW and I never went back !!!!. I use Western Motors in Drogheda, PM me if you want and I'll give you the salesman's name.

Yea, I wasn't expecting to put nothing down, as usually is a couple grand down, but have never been asked for another high deposit. But when he rang me and told me nothing down and 100 bucks less a month I couldn't turn it down. It is mainly due to the very strong resale value in second cars, especially electrics with the delays in getting one at moment.

I dont expect it to be that way next time around, but I'll take it this time. I usually save a few hundred a month towards any deposit that may be needed next time around, as PCP suits me, and it want to keep repayments the same or less if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

Latest on 3.0 rollout from fb page

We have been quiet about OTA in the last few weeks. This is something that many of you have noticed and rightly criticized.

Although we may not have been very active here, a lot has happened behind the scenes.

With your helpful feedback, our developers have analyzed problems that some customers had when installing the 3.0 update, identified the causes and implemented optimizations in the software and backend systems to combat them.

In order to make these changes effective, we had to stop the ongoing update waves. Those of you who were part of one of the waves and downloaded the ID Software Update 3.0 but have not yet installed it should have seen a message in your infotainment system.

And now?

We now need a little more time to be able to tell you specifically how the updates will continue for everyone. We plan to have all the information in April and then pass it on to you as soon as possible.

We understand that this is not the message you have been waiting for. However, it is important to us to be honest and transparent with you.

Thank you for putting up with us.

Best regards,

Your ID driver club team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Is €25k as the GMFV reasonable for the Life model?, As discussed earlier currently have the City (GMFV €18,500) with 2 years left but want to upgrade. My monthly payments are only going up by €90 per month so very tempting. There is a lot of stock in the country so I’m sure the depreciation will be a lot higher over the next few years than the last but who knows? I just don’t want to be left needing a massive increase in the payments in 3 years time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

You probably know this already but just to note you're paying interest on that GMFV from day 1, the higher the GMFV the higher the interest charge, with a 7%ish PCP rate that is a big chunk of change to be paying.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone else having issues with travel assist in the rain? Getting travel assist unavailable a bit more regularly when there's heavy rain here. Sensor impaired, so the car can't see cars in front of it (no smart braking or ACC either when this happens).

Aren't VW offering 3.9% PCP this month on ID4s? Worth asking the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

I'm not looking for one but I think they are yes, saw it somewhere here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So it’s an extra €6500 +€2160 =€8660

is it the life 52 KWh or 77 KWh?

the 52kwh life is effectively the City. Not much difference

when the city was available the next model up was the style and the life was the entry 77kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Just had first service on our 1st Edition, 38k kilometers and 2 years in, next one due in 2 years time. The price was €135 and they updated the software to version 2.4 while it was in, can't really complain, we've had no issues with the car so far and given we paid €42k, got good value on our trade in and PCP rate turned out to be good value too. I think we'll probably be keeping this after the final payment.

The replacement car we got was a CLA250e which is a lovely car but I still prefer the ID4 to drive. Reading online it sounds like everyone has issues so maybe we just got lucky?

First editions had some issues with the software but the cars are rock solid. I presume you are on a 3 year PCP. I never understand, apart from the obvious financial benefit, 😂 why people refinance PCP cars after three years but I envy your sensible approach. Let's see if you get the itch after year three once the facelift models come out. Most of us can't help ourselves. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

IT is behind a paywall now. And the Ford Explorer deserves its own thread. Very interesting though that Ford can't profitably make its own budget EV platform so they buy it from VW. Surely this will mean the car will end up either more expensive or with less margin than the same platform cars from VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How much profit do make from selling them a MEB? Hardly competition

I think the VW deal already has an expiry date, there was some news a while back that Ford are developing their own platform

I guess for Ford they weren't sure how the EV thing was going to turn out at the time and hadn't been making any real investments in that direction

So when it came time to make an EV, I guess it was cheaper in the short term to buy in a platform than invest in changing over one of their factories to manufacture EVs

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I guess with that approach Ford will have a much better chance of survival than the likes of Toyota who just sat on their hands fantasising about hydrogen and solid state batteries 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭boccy23

This is a real pain. Especially where it normally happens is on the motorway when you need it most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I don't think we could afford the price they're going for now so it's an easy enough decision!

Advertisement