Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I see Sony introduced a % game completion to the UI which is honestly something I'd love to see other games companies implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's it based on trophies, collectibles or how far into the game you are?

I think I remember an Uncharted doing trophies and how far you are in.

And always remember Sands of Time doing the how far in which didn't help the whole "I'll just play to the next save point" mentality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From reading eurogamer it's from meeting certain storyline goals so should be based on how far you are in a main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,800 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can see hours played and also for PS5 games, the tile shows % completion of your current level and approximately how long left to clear that level/mission which is cool. I can't see the overall % completion rate though other than trophies.

I started a new Playthrough of Elden Ring, about 3 hours in and it is showing 0% complete which sounds about right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I always hated a % complete that was not tied to the story. Sitting there thinking of great I'm only 63% through the game and then it ends only to realise the 37% was collectables

• Advertisement

Thank Jeebus for indies. I've been addicted to Hollow Knight recently and after a very rewarding night of completing a tough level and boss, i needed something a bit lighter so tried Punch Club which is a ridiculously addictive fighter management sim. I also have Road 96 to start which I'm really looking forward to. 3 completely different games where as AAA is so much of the same ol stuff these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah the same arguments can be applied to indies and AAA alike - both have plenty of similar stuff and plenty of variety tbf. Sure Hollow Knight is just another 2D metroidvania, one of the most popular genres of indie game. The two best games of last year were Vampire Survivors and Elden Ring - a bullet hell survival indie (copied to death since) and a AAA setting a new standard for open world/rpg (that only From Soft will be able to replicate). The latter of which you are playing for a second time, so AAA can’t be all bad. 😉

Ah cmon, Elden Ring is a different beast and cannot be compared to industry standard AAA :) I was more talking about recent games like Dying Light 2, Saints Row, Gotham Knights, AAA that were super disappointing (to me) within the last year and then i play hollow knight and punch club which blows the big boys out of the water. Just a post to celebrate the little guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fair enough I’ll take your word on those games you mentioned - I’ve not played them. I guess that’s a positive side to not having much time to play games these days, being super picky and usually late to the party it’s easier to avoid the mediocre stuff. Think I bailed on Hollow Knight maybe half way through, a wee bit too punishing for me. Dead Cells and Salt & Sanctuary were more my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had to change the battery in my Splinter Cell Blacklist watch today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just installed that PS5 update so, yeah, I see I'm 76% complete of GoW Ragnarok with 30h played which seems about right. And when go over to the tile it says "This is your progress completing the main missions within the game"

I'd say it will might only apply to games that enable it like other PS5 features.

Hollow knight and Elden Ring. You like dying a lot.

I don't have the time or the patience for metrovania or dark souls genres.

Even the genres I do like, COD for example I'm the type you will just charge into a group of the opposition and take out as many as I can. Surprisingly affective I must say, but 100% of the time ends in my demise.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone remember Iron Fury (née Maiden), that rather spiffy FPS that was very blatantly a Duke Nukem 3D spiritual-successor?

I hadn't realised there's a sequel coming ... and by all accounts it appears to be gunning for the Unreal-Era Duke Nukem Forever we never got:

Wow, 2001; I remember watching this in college and being amazed at the graphics.

Is it a sequel or the long promised expansion?

I really hope this developer has sorted out it's developers out as the homophobic jokes in the game were in incredibly bad taste and a PR disaster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It looks like a proper sequel, given the whole engine style has changed from Build-era to Unreal-era. That rings a bell about the jokes all right, had forgotten about that storm.

In work so couldn't watch the video

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

YouTuber Buys Every Single Video Game On The Wii U and 3DS eShops Before They Close

YouTuber The Completionist decided to sit down and spend almost a year of his life (328 days in total) buying his way through both libraries.

He’s now done, and the statistics are staggering. The dude bought 866 Wii U games and 1547 3DS titles, numbers that include DSiWare, Virtual Console releases and downloadable content. That adds up to 1.2TB of data for the Wii U, and 267GB for the 3DS. Or, for the 3DS purists reading, 2,136,689 blocks.

Over 460 eShop cards were used during all that purchasing, and in total he spent a whopping $22,791.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sdfg4

Does anyone still play League of Legends now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

What an absolute waste of time, energy and money. And there are loads more channels like this. It's hard to fathom the calamities going on in the world, and absolute wastage like this at the same time. Then there is all the time and energy being wasted to watch this stuff.

Absolute madness.

We are definitely living in a simulation. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

We are definitely living in a simulation.

Ixnay on the simulation-ay. If they know we've figured it out, they'll power it off.

• Advertisement

Yes, we will wake up and be stuck on Yoshi's Island forever. 😁

In terms of preserving historical works it's actually really important and definitely wouldn't be considered a waste of time.

Well, the Completionist would have arrange something with Nintendo for that to happen. 😁 Right now he has stuff on his devices and has access to these games under his private account if he needs to redownload them. But I'm sure most are in the wild anyway at this stage.

Nintendo will drip feed them back via subscription services.

I'm not buying into the FOMO for this stuff anyway. It's like a bandwagon that a load of YouTubers have jumped on.

The vast majority of the eshop and wiiu shop content will never get rereleased. They are chock full of esoteric games from small devleopers and available on no other platform, it's not just nintendo games. At least there's people archiving these games and making them available to all.

Liar's Dice in Red Dead Redemption is a head wrecker.

I still have to play this game. It's 4K on Xbox One X/Series X. But 30 FPS. I wish Rockstar would say one way or another what they are going to do with Red Dead current gen upgrades. Ubisoft dropping them for free with zero issues. Rockstar silence. RDR2 is out 5 years this year! Graphically that still looks amazing. Just needs 60 FPS.

Stop me if you think you've heard this one before. 🤣🤣🤣

Five years this October. Beautiful scenery and beautiful wagons in the game:

😍😍😍

Yes. It's absolutely a stunning looking game. Hopefully we see RDR1 remade with this art and engine, kinda like what happened with the Last of us part 1. And a RDR3. The games have sold bucket loads so it'll happen ... eventually 😁

I think you are obsessed with wagons in this game. In the offline version, you don't get wagons AFAIK. Just a poor horse that has to carry everything. I never tried the online version. Don't really want to either.

Of course I love the wagons, there are so many different types!

I mean how the hell do you think I deliver moonshine in Red Dead Online? The back of a Ford Transit?

• Advertisement

That's Far Cry 5 surely ? Moonshine and Ford Transits ? 😁

Advertisement