Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit prison officer 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beeswax1

Yes please I'll send my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ArthurB

Did anyone have their medical appointment yet? Just wondering do they tell you there and then if you pass

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

No, haven’t heard anything since they asked for clearance form. Most likely will be another few weeks til we have medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rgrpo23

Is anyone else finding the wait between stages agonisingly long? I know it’s to be expected, but I was hoping to have heard something about the medical by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithymk11

Anyone else waiting on the role play results ?

Done mine on the 21/02 thought it went well but have heard nothing since .

• Advertisement

I got sent out another Garda Vetting form and medical forms which have to be completed by 27th of March, I'd say you will have yours soon

Hopefully😅 Do those forms give much info regarding the medical requirements?

Has anyone else in batch 1 not gotten the medical forms?

It gives an insight on what to prepare for the fitness test ( dreading that part) and then what to expect in the medical they check for BMI, height, weight and then past medical history.

I know a few people who havnt recieved theirs yet and they are in batch 1 also

Is the fitness still 40 shuttles in 3mins 30secs or have they changed it?

Ah that’s good I was getting worried 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Did anybody fail the roleplay ??? Was it hard ??

• Advertisement

Yeh it is and we have to run with a fire extinguisher, have a grip test, push and pull test, seated bench press and then an anaerobic test which we have to run (7×15m) done in 30 seconds or less and lastly hold a riot shield for a minimum of 60seconds 😳

Worst part of that is prob the shuttles, have you a date for the medical yet? What’s the story is BMI is over 30 is there a step test?

Definitely the shuttles and getting the timing right!! Hopefully we will fly through it tho and they go easy on us haha... Yeah as far as I know I think it depends on your medical

Is it done as a 15m bleep test or just run at whatever pace you choose I wonder?

I have no idea, I wondered that to... Dont know what I'd rather 😆

I’d nearly prefer the bleep test as then it’s a bit easier to pace yourself but i presume it’s a case of doing 40 shuttles as fast as you can cos they would probably have said if its a bleep test or maybe not😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4 B00

Hi everyone, has anyone else gotten the follow on garda clearance application and info re. medical? I'm in batch 1 and haven't received anything since sending off the security clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

I got nothing either 🤷

Here's hoping it won't be too much longer for us. The waiting is a head wreck. But I suppose if they needed more info on the security clearance etc they would have let us know by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

I'm the same still waiting to hear back. Presuming they must be splitting batch 1 into smaller groups and doing medicals group by group maybe?

• Advertisement

@Swabber21 yeah maybe so that could be the case. I'd say its more likely as and when a person clears the security check they send out the Garda clearance and info re. medical. But I don't know.

Does anyone know what the starting salary is like in this job? I know they say there is a decent wage to be made with overtime but what would the basic wage be?

Starting pay is 31k for an RPO. Max pay for a RPO is 35k (not including mandatory overtime hours) So id say as a recruit maybe around mid 40k with the overetime included. There is also an operational allowance of 8% of your salary. I'm not sure what the pay is like once qualified. But apparently a prison officer with 8 years experience can expect to earn around 65k (not sure if that includes the mandatory additional hours or not)

How are people feeling about the physical? Is anyone doing any specific training for it yet?

I'm not going to worry about it until I get the letter. Until then I can eat as many doughnuts as I want 😂

Has anyone heard back this week after sending the clearance form a few weeks ago?

The shuttles are just done at whatever pace you like once u get it done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

There is another recruitmemt campaign later in the year...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Garda clearance can take 6+ months easily just so you know :)

Did anyone have their medical yet in the first batch ? Just wondering what the story is if you have a BMI of over 30 do they tell you there and then about the step test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭weadick

I had my medical. Thankfully I was under the bmi so can't help you there. I'd imagine HR will send you a brief on the step test should it be required.

Advertisement