Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone looking for a new car...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Link to that? Not seeing it online

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

If it's any consolation to you my wife last year traded in her A1 for a 6 month old A1 S line - it was priced at full new price with not a cent off. Dealers in different locations for the same brand can display significant variations in pricing for the same model in my experience. Not to see at least a difference of euro 1k between a range of different dealer trade in prices looks suspicious to me and doesn't look like a healthy market. This is especially true when you look at the potential profit margin in your case. It would be interesting to keep an eye on your car to see if the asking price drops any bit before it sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Trade-in values have dropped significantly over the past year as a lot of dealers are relying on used car sales to make money. If you sell your car to a dealer they will only offer you wholesale. Trade-ins a bit more. The only dealer I noticed offering wholesale values as trade-ins is Audi. they don't give you a penny extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ev fan

Sorry- I didn't pick up on that it was a one way trade. I assume the prices quoted previously were 2 way trades. It still seems to me that the dealer is making a very good proit unless I'm missing something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭n.d.os

My point about the one-way two-way trade difference is that you get a lot less for your car if it's one way in today's market. Also, most dealers are now only offering the same value for your used car on a two-way trade-in as a one-way because they want to make a higher margin on your old used car. Used car sales are up so trade-in values are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

On SW 2.4 is there anyway to preheat the battery while its plugged in? Such as leave it in gear but then once im not in the seat.

I want the car at 100% and heated for an early morning departure for a long trip, between rain/wind/temp I need every advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You can preheat the car using AC but not the battery.

just set the departure time in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

No, other than have it finish its charge session just before you leave.

As you drive it will naturally heat up anyway. I did a Cork-Dublin run the other day and I did just that. Battery was at about ~14°C when I left. It was at 20°C+ when I got to Ionity North and got the full 100kW when I needed to charge.

app, isnt this exactly what doesnt work until version 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,497 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Charge times don’t work. Departure time does.

Does departure times, just set the cabin temp? or does it also pre heat the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭fits

Update on version 3.0. Tldr they will let us know more in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’d rather they got it right than brick my car which is running perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Agree. Mine is running smoothly so few more weeks will not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Cabin only.

Battery heating is only done if the battery is at 0°C. There is no battery pre-heating to get it to an optimal temp for high speed charging.

Re update, agree rather it done right than rushed however you really have to wonder! I'm guessing either PR released statments without checking or some SW bug/issues was only discovered mid way.

Like, I don't understand how you can't simply go to silicon valley with a wad of cash wave it and get a crack team of devs to design an OS that's scalable for VW - this being done before the car was selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

You really think it'll be sorted in a few mroe weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

I live in hope but can as my id 3 is driving nicely and software 2.4 smooth without problems. Watched EVM today who has model3. His big screen has frozen several times. Not great when no information available without it. Also panel gap which was very obvious but was told it was within spec. No software is trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

is there an option on the sat nav to say road name instead of the R number?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

I opimistic I'll see v3 before end of August is my bet

Just curious, my power consumption has been 18/100km for the last few months, last time I remembered looking into this I was getting 16.

Eg 1hr drive, some motorway at 110, cabin at 19, seat getting for about 30min, and my trip consumption was 18.7kwh/100. Car said outside temp was 8-10.Seems kinda high to me, what are others getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Mr Q

My average is over 19kWh/100 and that is with no motorway. I've never come close to 16 average over a long period.

I have seen people on here say they can get over 400km range in the summer in a 58kWh ID.3. So obviously it is possible but not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustyo

Opening thread for those who have had their ID3/4 software upgraded to 2.4 (0912), with 12V battery replacement and workshop update.

Is there are a large number of cars still waiting for the OTA?

Very little feedback from dealer, was told update ready and would be pushed to car within 2 weeks back in Sept 2022 when I had the workshop update.

No indication that I can find as to when it will roll out.

Biggest pain point of the car is the laggy UI, unresponsive menus, unresponsive touch buttons, etc, etc.

The new software has been around for well over a year, it just a shame that VW are so poor on the software side when the car itself is solid.

Feel free to post if you had a successful OTA upgrade or have any info.

Link to VW site here:

🌍️ ID. software 3.0 update for your VW ID. (volkswagen.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I've been updated to 3.0 last December, I believe I was in one of the test groups as I sent the "I want 3.0" email to VW

They had issues with the rollout causing cars to stop working and paused the rollout

There was an email recently saying they're working on improving the update and will be restarting the rollout "soon"

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I had ID.3 1st Ed updated just before Christmas. Was also a part of the 2nd wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

I know I will have traded my ID 3 before it gets an upgrade. 2.5 years of ownership and it hasn't let me down.

But I won't be going full electric the way the bills are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ID3 Tour from 221

Got the new battery installed in January this year for the update. Even then emailed the 'iwantOTA' email.

Still nothing :/

I picked up my car late Feb22, I think that was a mild March, so this weather is really the first time for me on regular commutes. I saw the range of 40+ on a few weeks last july. Im a 58kw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

And yes, I had 2 traction battery modules and 12V battery replaced last September together with 2.4 update.

Advertisement