Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,409 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I went to Japan on one of the organised tours, nothing you posted relates to that experience. It was very slickly organised.

I'm not talking about organised yours, I'm talking about the ticket and hospitality packages, not included travel or lodgings.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got last of my resale portal cash today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I've done a Heineken Cup final one-day trip with them, and also not come across whatever it is you're talking about. Flight, transfer to Twickenham, match ticket, transfer to airport, flight home. They made a profit, they didn't rip anyone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

If anyone is looking at flying home the day after the South Africa match on a budget.

€10 Ouigo train from Massy TGV (South of Paris) to Saint Pierre des Corps (Tours) . Leaves at 8am arrives at 9am. Flight from Tours to Dublin (currently €38) at 11:55.

Beats the €350 direct flights from Beauvais or the €100 flights with a stop in Berlin or Milan.

• Advertisement

Again. You bought a flight. That's travel... Why do I keep having to explain myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone going via La Rochelle to Paris know roughly how much the tgv inoui will cost when they release tickets?

Because you're doing it really poorly, I guess? Or arguing about something nobody else mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

Eurostar from Paris Gare du Nord to London (120euro, 2.5hrs) and any of the many London flights home (40euro) is the best combination I've come across for that day, its what I'm on.

Everyone seems to be going mad with connecting flights miles out of the way, or else trains all over France to regional airports, but the Eurostar is way faster/easier/still reasonably priced. Don't have to leave at 8am either on it, plenty of afternoon options that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The ticket office wouldnt have a clue.

There are always holdbacks , this tournament will be no different, just now I received an email from the organisers saying " treat yourself, your friends and your loved ones to official hospitality at the matches you want to see?"

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,447 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yes, I received the same email. They will try and sell as many hospitality as they can and maybe release some general sale tickets then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone flying back from La Rochelle after the SA game on the Sunday. Seems to be only one train for the whole day at 15:27 which doesn't get you there in time for the flight. Unless they haven't released timetables for other trains

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JuanBarry

That's the Ouigo train (cheapest type). They just block released until December a couple of weeks ago. Looks like the regular trains are only available up until the first week of September but there will definitely be more. There's an option to be notified by email when they're available on the booking page. The time tables don't vary a whole lot so you can just look back a couple of weeks to give you a good idea for planning at least

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭rounders

For anyone taking the Train, this arrived today! https://t.tickets.france2023.rugby/l2/7guIgS9Ex4/1598909/3299959321.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tall chapy

Some tickets for Romania and Tonga games up today, but perpetually unable to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

Still sat there this morning. Sites absolutely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Site just crashed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

looking for 2 tickets to the Tonga game, nothing there now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

To those that have tickets already, is there an option to transfer/send to someone through official routes rather than screenshots? Hoping to avoid getting stung with a fake/duplicate if I do end up finding a ticket outside of the official site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭PMC83

Flights booked for Bordeaux, excitement building! Anyone got reccomendations on areas to drink? I wonder will there be a fanzone at the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

This isn't a very informative post, I'm afraid, but I stayed there for the football in 2016. Great city, loads of nice bars everywhere.

There was a fanzone in the town, big square by the river. (Looking on Google maps, I think it was Place des Quinconces, but I'm not 100% sure)

There wasn't much at the stadium itself. The luas out to it was handy but did take a while, so give yourself some time. Lovely stadium

Enjoy :)

Took a day a couple of weeks ago and booked all the accommodation. My partner had (perhaps unwisely) seen air prices going up a few weeks prior and booked outbound and return flight covering the first three matches. I think I would have preferred ferry and bringing our own car - the flights were eye-wateringly expensive.

Staying in campsites in Bordeaux and Nantes, which I booked direct. Then a nice little road-trip up to Paris, stopping off for a couple of days in two towns on the way. Hotel in Paris completes part 1 of the trip - flying home for the 2 week break between match 3 and 4.

Worst part of the thing was trying to book the campsites directly. Are all French businesses so averse to efficiency? I want to book and pay now. "Nope, we'll take a deposit, and email you five different booking confirmations, all with different reference numbers, and let you figure out which is the proper one when you try to complete the booking and pay in full a few days later!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bordeaux stadium is awful location. Basically built it in a greenfield site in an industrial area. Nothing out there.

For Euro 2016 the streets around The Connemara were all closed so drinking around tht was the main area. Lots of lovely little local spots around but most struggle to take tables of more than 4 people at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭redved

Anyone got any tips for getting to Bordeaux for Romania game, Aer Lingus and Ryanair both around 800€ for the weekend, thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Get to Paris then train? The trains should still be decent value but they'll start rocketing up soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

is anyone considering the possibility of industrial action over pension reforms affecting the RWC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Things have settled down a bit again, but there isn't much point worrying about it - there is nothing you can do about it really. Eurostar probably won't be effected and the planes are towards the tail end of what gets effected but if there are strikes there are strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,409 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I don’t feel that strongly about it myself, but if you want to picket the stadium, you go brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If i was travelling i might look for travel insurance to mitigate it. I might go yet, but i would be hedging my plans a small bit tbh.

The unions announced 100days of action over the problem, and the comp is 136 days away. The threat to cut the electricity to the cannes film festival will be one to watch if they follow through on it, macron visited a school recently in montpellier and they cut the electricity to the airport and the school so they aint messing around

Its possible that the unions will see the world cup as a way of embarrassing macron on the international stage and use it to force his hand that way.

Advertisement