Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Quick few notes on collection etc in case it's useful to anyone.

Drove up from Cork this morning in my ID4 which I was trading in (arrived with I think 34% battery left after ~250km so about 375km for a full charge at 105 - 110 km/h with aircon on - not bad. Arrived to Tesla around 11.40 - collection is from a relatively small carpark which backs onto the main storage. Was told to put the VW in the main area. Note the collection carpark is pretty tight and there was a lot of manoeuvring going on. Spotted my new ride in the main storage area so had a nose around before going to the collection centre (AKA slightly fancied up pop up gazebo). We were next in line on arrival (probably got in there about 12 or shortly before, for 12.30 collection) while two more were being dealt with. Another four or so arrived while we were waiting (one of those being dealt with had complicated 'stuff' to do so took a while). Agent took trade in details and went out to lot to confirm odometer reading. Few minutes signing stuff etc and ready to go - just after the new wheels were brought around. Outside fine except one small scuff / haze or something on front - not sure what it is, probably nothing, but took picture anyway and will have a proper look when it stops raining. Interior had some dirt patches, looks like from people getting in and out to move it around. Nothing major TBH (and in my experience, nothing especially unusual when picking up a new car) but took pics anyway and might lodge in app tomorrow to chance my arm for a valet voucher or something.

28% charge on pickup. Straight down to Ionity Kill. Took a good while to get the bloody charger going, and others had the same issue - this is why you should give us enough to get to a Supercharger Tesla! Topped up to 54% and headed down to Ballacolla (~30% left) and topped up there to 75% - well, when I reversed far enough to reach the cable anyway (they're short!). Back down to Cork then with no hassle. Range on trip quite poor - equivalent to about 240km for a full charge with aircon on by my reckoning - however it has to be said that conditions far from ideal, strong headwind and rain, worsening the closer I got to Cork into quite stormy conditions, plus BMS not calibrated etc. We'll see what the next few weeks brings re range.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I dont know if a private person importing a new car could get the grant - my analysis is more so to show the numbers say if Tesla decided to bring UK stock to Ireland which was something other posters had mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Congrats! Really hoping the range is not too far behind id4. Collecting mine Saturday. So will take the advice to aim for ionity. Would it not be handier just fill up there as appose to 2 stops?

did you take much of a hit on the Tesla trade in to what you had it up for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I said a range of 330km for the RWD based on Australian reviews over the last few months. The motorway speeds used were 110km/h. Im not basing 330km on the post above where they were driving at 120-130km/h.

TBH I thought that with the amount of charge I'd need to get to Cork in the conditions (bearing in mind Ionity is only about 10km down the road from Tesla, so about 240km left) I'd be quicker stopping twice rather than filling all the way to 100% at Ionity. Turns out the supercharger is cheaper too! (For some reason Tesla seem to hide the pricing). Are you heading to Cork? May also be worth considering Mayfield Junction 14, big bank of chargers there and it's 50km into the journey so better for a single stop. Would depend on charge level on pickup though - I wasn't going to chances of with 28% but you may be braver! (Also, the only time I tried an ESB fast charger in recent years (few months ago) I couldn't get it to work (similar to Ionity issues today) - I reckon the problem/s is due to not having an account and only using web activated PAYG, if you have an account should be fine).

Bought the ID4 for €41k two years ago, traded it in today for €38100 so not bad going - having said that, six months ago I'd have laughed at €38k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Click the supercharger icon on the map in the car and the pricing will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

For Tesla 38k is a very reasonable offer. When you take into account what you paid for it, it’s some going. All those on board with the 1st editions got unbelievable value.

yes heading to cork. Mayfield might make sense. Will have the young fella with me so won’t chance anything crazy! Is ionity much slower.

do ionity link with Esb charge accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭eagerv

Bought the ID4 for €41k two years ago, traded it in today for €38100 so not bad going - having said that, six months ago I'd have laughed at €38k.

But 6 months ago the cost to change to a Model Y would have been probably a lot more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

You should have told her to watch the tutorial videos, she will have a list of stuff to get on Aliexpress next week too.

I hope she made it home safely and without any range anxiety.

• Advertisement

Cool, looks great in blue. Will be interested how you find the software and UI compared to VW. I personally had no problems with my ID.3, but find the Tesla so much better and more simple..

I did see one guy on Facebook who went to Mayfield and arrived with 6% or similar from, I think, also about 28%. Personally, cutting it too fine for me with an unfamiliar car but your risk appetite may be different! ESB accounts don't link I think but could be wrong - I don't have an account with either.

Ionity are actually up to 350kW so potentially super fast with the right car....... however, it seems Tesla removed Ionity from the 'pre heat the battery for faster charging' list (presumably for commercial reasons, and in direct conflict with their drivers' interests) so charging isn't especially quick given how cold the battery will be - I was getting 40/50kW. One solution to this apparently is to navigate to the Sandyford supercharger (which will preheat) but drive to Ionity instead. To me, with a brand new, unfamiliar car and a kid on board, having the sat nav telling me I'm going the wrong way would be just too distracting.

Swings and roundabouts really - when I first booked a MY it was about 7 grand more, but my ID4 was also 'worth' (in my eyes!) an equivalent amount more so similar cost to change really.

Made it home with 2%... never worried though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I drove straight to Kill Ionity from collection with a cold LFP battery. Not great but was in no real rush. Car only pulled between 40-60kW in my session. I've get to try out faster charging with the car ready. I went to City North Ionity the other day but it was busy and a small queue there too.

As you say, it'd be a bit confusing/unsettling to navigate elsewhere while trying to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

What's your prediction for MY RWD mixed usage? 360km+?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I drove straight to Sandyford with preheat active and I saw 110kw.

Stopped in Ballacolla on the way back to Cork, unscheduled as I needed a toilet break so plugged in and without preheat it still pulled 100kw. 20% added in the time it took to use the toilet, get a coffee and eat a banana.

Got some steam from the charging too. That would've freaked me out had I not seen a post about it a few weeks back.

☀️

It feels like I've just gotten an iPhone after being on Android for years. Spent a good hour playing with the settings tonight and now have a lot of the most important icons on the task bar for convenience.

Scheduled charging and software updates are going to start later, so should be all sorted in the morning.

Can't get my Spotify to work though.

Scheduled charging works a dream, so simple. It took me till day 2 to get Spotify to work iirc, I just use the Tesla account (Don't have my own) Prefer Internet radio, Tunein, I think better quality than FM.

Only other minor setup problems I had were the user profiles, but all came together on second day.

Great never having to wait for the system to warm up like with VW😉

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I saw 170kW for a brief moment after arriving with 5% and preconditioning for ab 30 min. Dropped off pretty quickly though. Watched netflix during charging. Using ipad connected to the phone is so last year:)

Apologies for the photo but on the photo it's the right way up:)

PS could connect my phone via Bluetooth for about 30 min on collection. No idea what was going on but after 2 system resets and one phone restart it eventually connected.

• Advertisement

If you even slightly crop your pictures before posting them, they will be the right way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robertg216

The app has updated delivery dates.

For a MYLR ordered in Feb I had April-May, then June-Aug, and just now back to Apr-Jun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

She made it home with a quick top up in birdhill,thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Collecting tomorrow but still no reg, is there any point of me ringing them today?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

In the same position, could not get through yesterday after waiting on hold for a combined three hours in calls. Tried the chat option but it was useless, all they would say is that its usually within 48 hours of collection. When i pointed out it was less than 48 hours, they said that I was "in the window". They also suggested it may not be issued until collection day. Will give them until lunchtime today before trying again.

For anyone that traded in a non tesla at collection, did you fill in back of vehicle reg cert / logbook?

I didn't. I asked specifically if I should sign it and they said no. However, given that she thought it was a driving license at first (they're UK staff) I'm not sure they really know TBH!

Yeh I'm just conscious of the fact that the car will be passed onto a third party and dont want any pottential nasties with future toll fines/ speeding fines down the line. I can only imagine the pain chasing Tesla to correct....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Surely if you have not completed and posted off the reg cert you are still the legal owner, does not sound correct

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement