Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭n.d.os

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Was at the VW dealership yesterday getting new tires, puncture in one of them but need new ones and had the tire package so got new 20's on the back on my GTX.

Anyway was shooting the breeze with the salesman who sold it to me and he said things are slowing down 9.9% interest on everything is killing them. Selling no more GTX's the price hike last year put them over the 60k so no grant.

There was an ID5 there and I was looking inside of it and noticed the battery was at 12%....so I said to him you should charge that, he said it came from the factory at that level so no Biggy!! 😮😮😮 Just wondering how many weeks has it been below 20%?? We are all worried about battery being below 20 for a few hours and here we have the dealer keeping it less than 20% for days/weeks possibly

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Why would we be worried about being below 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Where possible you shouldn't leave the car at below 20% or above 80% SoC, it's not good for the battery

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

That's the optimum to extend the battery life as long as possible. There's no problem going below or above. I haven't worried one iota about being below 20%.

• Advertisement

That's pretty poor, you should have told them they'll need to discount the price because of all the battery degradation they're causing, that'd get them off their lazy arses pretty quickly

I'm honestly not sure what the dealership's are expecting, there's a cost of living crisis, interest rates are going up and yet they're hiking prices and pushing the most expensive models. I get the profit margin and commission is higher, but at some point reality is going to come knocking

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You should take off your shoes if you go for a walk outside. It's not good for the shoes.

Hey I'm just repeating the info from VW 😉

I believe the general advice is that it's fine to go outside that range when driving, just don't leave the car outside that range for days or weeks at a time

Certainly I've gone down to 5% SoC and it doesn't seem to have caused any degradation

VW also seem to be tracking some of the battery metrics as someone found out earlier. Might be that VW will feed that info into a battery warranty claim to determine if you hadn't been following the battery care guidelines

@the_amazing_raisin - "Hey I'm just repeating the info from VW 😉"

Yeah, maybe you shouldn't. This stuff perpetuates unnecessary fear and it prevents people from enjoying their car and using its full range.

Not meant at all as an attack on you BTW, just in general about irrelevant battery advice. Batteries have a BMS and that handles the protection of the battery and its use within safety parameters. The end user can do whatever the hell they want as long as the car is in regular use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

From what everybody says, what VW "and the car" is not to leave it for any long periods at above 80% or below 20%. There is no problem with charging to 100% or going down to single figures but leaving the battery for a couple of weeks at very low levels go against all guidance....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Yes that's why I said "in regular use"

It annoys the crap out of me that n00b EV owners are led to believe they should never charge above 80% and never let the car go below 20% as that effectively almost halves their range. Which at motorway speeds (120km/h GPS) in winter is already not an awful lot more than half the WLTP figure. No surprise a lot of people get disappointed with EVs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Guidelines not rules , without their scheduling working right they are in no position to comment on people’s charging battery. And I believe GPDR would prevent thEm collecting data for such

Read the savings. It’s comical. Comparing a ID3x price against a business

if you

take the 1.9% PCP you lose a 3k discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

Booking the car in for new tyres as part of a service pack.

I was told it’ll take all day. So I told them to cop on and do them while I wait. I was then told there’s an update to the hinges that is the reason it’s taking all day. And they won’t give a loaner

has anyone else been told about an hinge update/ recall and surely if it’s there F up they need to provide a loaner

There was a recall for some of the door handles IIRC

There was also a recall for the hooks where the cargo net goes in

You'd often have better luck finding unicorns than getting a loaner car. They always give a day as an estimate because there's a whole queue of cars arrive in the morning and they've no idea how long they'll all need

So since we got an ID.3 facelift this year, anyone taking bets on whether we'll get an ID.4 update next year?

I'm not sure they'll do much with the exterior, considering they just made the ID.3 look more like the 4

Interior could do with a refresh though, it'd be nice if someone in VW could discover the concept of covered storage

And not using f**king gloss black plastic everywhere 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Don’t update it too much!, I picked up my new ID4 today, upgraded from the 52kW to the 77kW. There were ID4s all around the place, many due for collection today, very different to when I got my first one! The ID4 and 5 are fine looking cars, no need for a makeover just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liam2021

3% increase coming in July, grant being reduced, is putting a lot of models above the grant. You will only be able get the base models within grant.

Bit the bullet and ordered a new ID 4 today. Getting it in the next week or so stock model. Got a great deal ID 4 DX moonstone grey.

The US model has had upgrades, mainly the centre console

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

No signs of any facelift coming just yet. From next year I think VW will focus on the new Tiguan for a while and try to push as many Hybrids as possible. That car will probably date the ID4 quite a bit so maybe a facelift for the ID4 at the end of 2024. I actually think the ID3 facelift was a bit premature. I'd like to see them remove the dull plastic exterior trim on the ID4 along the doors. Would I be right in saying they have replaced this with shiny black plastic on the facelifted ID3?

Possibly, although VW seems to have different design philosophy for the ID cars versus their other cars. They might want to keep that for a while to appeal to both customer bases

I think the interior could use some rethinking, the storage situation is pretty abysmal. VW somehow managed to create a roomy interior with nowhere to put anything

I really hope they get rid of the glossy black plastic, it looks nice exactly once and is covered in fingerprints from then on

I'd actually quite like something along the lines of the ID.2 interior but with nicer materials

I think the interior updates will only happen with the mk2 ID4. It would be too expensive to change the interior on a mid-life facelift. Usually, they focus on a few panels outside the car and spend as little money as possible to make the car look visually different. Traditionally VW actually removes interior luxuries from their midlife facelifted cars to phase them out of production for the next model. I think on the Facelift ID4 they will focus on one exterior lighting option for the car instead of standard and Pro, change the bumpers and lights, and perhaps update the software to whatever is in the Id7 with a bigger screen.

Had an issue earlier where the rear drivers door wouldn't close properly

It was latching closed, but wouldn't sit flush and the door was showing open on the display

It fixed itself by the time we were home but I'm a bit worried it'll happen again since that's the youngest kids door

Anyone had this before? There was a recall recently for the doors wasn't there?

Typical it happens just before a long weekend 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

My front passenger door doing the same thing again this evening. Getting really concerned now.

Dealer can’t see the car until next week.

Advertisement