Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does the garmin parkrun Barcode widget work?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Yes no issues with

https://apps.garmin.com/en-IE/apps/e7b70c06-9d4c-4efd-865b-2b8bdad9f17c

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Case broke on my 3yo FR645. Garmin have offered a recertified replacement for €120 delivered. This will have a 90 day warranty. I am disappointed as I was expecting to get another couple years out of it.

It's not much extra to get a new 245. The barometric altimeter in the 645 was crap, so i wouldn't be loosing out there. The 245 has longer battery and better heart monitor. I do like the look of the metal bezel on the 645.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Purchased a 945 yesterday off the the Garmin website directly, bought a second hand 935 this year which gave up the ghost however the vendor i bought it off of honoured the warranty but could only give a refund. So to save messing like that i said id save up and buy a newer model direct off the site however reading the reviews online is not filling me with any confidence whatsoever at the minute there is a lot of people saying the holiday sale is never honoured and they take ages to ship. Has anyone here any experience like this with them? As far as i know there is no garmin stores in ireland aswell am i correct in saying that?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I ordered the FR955 from Garmin at the end of November and I still haven’t got a confirmation email about it’s ready for shipping.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Don't know if Garmin have stores anywhere! For the price on the 945 on the garmin.ie website I'd be tempted to pay an extra €45 for the 955 here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If you're a NASA fan these look pretty cool. https://www.reddit.com/r/GarminFenix/comments/zyd20t/my_nick_mankey_designs_nasa_bands_arrived/

Haven't tried ordering yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone have an issue with the 235 not charging? Bought a second clamp because though first one was broken. Neither will charge watch. USB doesn't acknowledge that it's connected 235 to laptop or nothing happens when I used power plug with cable. Watch is due a system update but battery is too low to run update, maybe that's the problem? Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’m looking to upgrade my forerunner 45 - I only need a watch for running.

is €175 a good deal on the garmin 245? I have a €50 Amazon voucher to use as well, so in theory it’s €125.

Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Running Watch with advanced training features, Black with Berry Band https://amzn.eu/d/bzxWmpw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hi there. I got the 245 music a couple of weeks ago. I was using the 235 for a few years which was working fine but the 254 music was a birthday gift.

First thing I noticed on its first outing was that the pace definitely seemed off, by a good 20 seconds, based on what I know as my usual easy running pace. I tried syncing it with the mobile app and on my next run, I wore both watches and they seemed to be displaying the correct paces.

This morning I did 9 miles and I don't think there was a single mile that showed the right pace,very frustrating.

Would love to hear if anyone has had similar issues and if they know of a fix for this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Go to "about" on your watch menu, scroll down and see if the CPE is current, if not connect to wifi and sync your watch. If your watches GPS isn't reading correctly, the pace will be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭ariana`

Has anyone else had issues with recent updates? I synced up to the latest 2 weeks ago and all my stored data was cleared from the watch - workouts, history etc. Not such a big deal really but I synced up again yesterday (to the latest software version which is 12.10) and also charged my watch to 100% and I woke up this morning and my battery was at 1% and has since died. I have a Garmin 245, close to 4 years old now but no issues up until this.

After a software update, it's always a good idea to soft reset the watch by holding in the power button until it turns off. No idea if that will help or not but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭T-Bird

No problem with my 245 after update. I had a battery issue like your on my 255 though. Garmin eventually agreed to replace it after I complained about the 2 weeks of repetitive questions they were asking me. Hopefully all will be sorted when the replacement arrives next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

My watch is behaving strangely lately too. I’ve the Fenix 6s and in the last two weeks I’ve noticed battery going down much faster but it switched off and restarted during a strength activity one day and while reading on a text on it yesterday. I’ll freak if it does that during a run or more importantly a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

My 945 took that 12.10 upgrade yesterday. I haven't had any betty issues but the HR data was all over the plebs on my run that evening. Did a quick Google and it seemed that the upstairs was to fix some optional hr issues, hopefully the update hasn't broken what was working perfectly. No issue with the battery though, level is where I'd expect it to be.

I normally wear a chest strap but forgot it yesterday for the Mallow 10, the HR graph from my 945 didn't look crazy to me, the up & downs corresponding to the little hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I wore 2 Garmins (245 & 255) on a race recently, 1 connected to strap and the other getting the rate from the watch sensors. The only difference I noticed was that the strap was about a second or 2 quicker and heart rate was only 1 or 2 higher or than strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

DC rainmaker did tests on the 945 and he didn't seem to find any noticeable difference between it and a heart rate strap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Strange one with my forerunner 935. After working just fine for years, it will no longer connect to any wifi network while other garmin devices in the house connect no problem.

I tried the usual factory reset and deleted all data from the watch, it's on version 21

I am open to suggestions but I have a feeling it's back to garmin with this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I recently got a Garmin Venu and all is going fairly well with it other than I've noticed some issues with the Garmin coach sessions, one on the watch and one with connect app (android)

1. After a session, if I go to the activity and look at the laps breakdown, the average pace for the Run portions are completely wrong. If I expand the run section and see the KM splits, they are all correct. For example on todays run I ran roughly 6:30 pace on each of the run portion KM splits, so my average for the run should be ~6:30, nope its 1:38. It's the same on any activity I've looked at
    2. On Yesterdays run, when each of the run portion of the training started, post warm up and when moving from the end of first run portion to the optional additional run portion, my watch complained I was running too fast, despite running a 6:30 pace which almost bang in the middle of the suggested pace for me 6:20 - 6:50

Anyone seen similar before?

Edit: Seems like 1 is a reported issue on the Garmin forum, so not just me:

Works ok in landscape mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

My vo2 max decreased randomly without any real decrease in performance . I don’t hold much stock by it or the race predictions but at the same time I don’t like to see a decreases. I checked the max heart rate data on garmin connect and it had dropped by 3 beats . I never changed the max from the age calculation as it seemed reasonable enough ( my heart rate rarely goes higher) . I then checked the watch and that’s increased by 3 beats . The vo2 max calculation appears to be based of the garmin connect number .

Has this happened to anyone ? I think I may have had an update recently ( garmin 245). I assume I just change them both back to the age based calculation ? Is there anyway to tell when garmin made the change ?

Mine dropped from 63 to 60 over the past 4 weeks when my max Hr was adjusted down by about 10-12 bpm from an incorrect high.

running better than I have in my life at the moment so I ignore it and assume it’ll rise again once it has enough data around this new max Hr. My max Hr is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Snodge

Anybody know how to change a battery in the GARMIN HRM PRO CHest strap?

Critical load ratio data seems to have appeared in the last S/W update on the 255

Garmin obviously record Hr zones for every run - but is there a way to see cumulative Hr zones for all the runs last 7/28/365 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Under the reports section (left side on the connect website) there are options to check out LT, HRV, HR etc over the last 7 days, month and year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭ariana`

Very nice. I'd never even looked at that before, rarely log in to the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Hi folks, which is the best GPS option to use for open water swimming on the Garmin 945? Both sea swimming and river swimming. The last river swim i swam about 300m against the current and it read as about 780m IIRC. Would that be taking into account the fact i was swimming against the current? Thanks in advance

Better living everyone

Advertisement