Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality oven pizza?

• 11-09-2022 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Lidl used to sell a range of pizza called Bufala and they were pretty close to the "Neapolitan" style you'd get in some restaurants. Nice puffy light crust around the edge, quite thin in the middle and a bit droopy. Unfortunately, they've stopped stocking it. It was good enough to keep the takeaway cravings at bay.

Here it is on their German website to maybe jog the memory. Ambachtelijke pizza Latte di Bufala - Lidl

So, now that it can't be found anywhere (at least in my Lidls) I am on the hunt for the BEST QUALITY OVEN PIZZA out there.

I don't like Goodfellas or Dr. Oetker or Deep Pan American Crust stuff. The tomato sauce on all of them tastes like tesco value bogonese sauce. I'm looking for something more fresh tasting like the sort of acidic tomato sauce on Neapolital pizzas.

I've tried tesco's finest non frozen pizzas, which are pretty decent but quite heavy on the dough. At least they were last time I tried them. I'll probably go back to buying them.

Anything else I should try?

Comments

Advertisement