Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Town Works

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

soups05 wrote: »
    sadly this has not worked out well, left DkIT at 5 pm today, traffic from new tesco backed up all the way to xerox in both directions.
    When I made it to the junction at Stapleton place cars were turning in and u turning back, no confusion on their part, they simply cannot turn right at the mc donalds junction so this is the only way to go toward town.

This seemed to be what was causing the back log all the way up the Dublin road, no idea why traffic was so bad going out of town soutwards.

30 mins to go from DkIT to Anne Street before I could turn left and escape all the traffic.
    Mary St South was also closed today for some kind of work at it's junction with Dublin St. The town was mad. I live close-by. It's still very bad at the moment with traffic stretching up the Carrick Rd and also into the Pearse Park area and all the way down Anne St and Park St. Feckin mad.

soups05 wrote: »
    sadly this has not worked out well, left DkIT at 5 pm today, traffic from new tesco backed up all the way to xerox in both directions.
    When I made it to the junction at Stapleton place cars were turning in and u turning back, no confusion on their part, they simply cannot turn right at the mc donalds junction so this is the only way to go toward town.

This seemed to be what was causing the back log all the way up the Dublin road, no idea why traffic was so bad going out of town soutwards.

30 mins to go from DkIT to Anne Street before I could turn left and escape all the traffic.

Yes, unfortunately it seems to have to have turned out worse than I thought it might considering its midterm. Turning right at the McDonald's junction when its busy seems to be a permanent problem. The amount of idiots that stop in the yellow box when heading from Dublin St to the Hill St bridge thereby blocking right turning traffic is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Yes, unfortunately it seems to have to have turned out worse than I thought it might considering its midterm. Turning right at the McDonald's junction when its busy seems to be a permanent problem. The amount of idiots that stop in the yellow box when heading from Dublin St to the Hill St bridge thereby blocking right turning traffic is a disgrace.

To add to that is the amount of time people are in the box for turning right when they are heading to make a turn in to Stapleton Place when it is open, even if it is an unusualy marked junction in to Stapleton Drive and Stapleton Place at The start of Dublin Street.

I also thought that there should have been one of those mobile signs saying Stapleton Place closed/Road Works ahead etc so that people could take an option of an alternative route, like Hoeys Lane to Millenium Rd and the Marshes link. It is a longer route for sure but for me it is preferable to sitting in a jam back as far as the hospital. LMFM had a traffic report that traffic in Dundalk was moving freely yet it was at a standstill! Can you imagine it if it wasnt half-term!!?

Nesta99 wrote: »
    To add to that is the amount of time people are in the box for turning right when they are heading to make a turn in to Stapleton Place when it is open, even if it is an unusualy marked junction in to Stapleton Drive and Stapleton Place at The start of Dublin Street.

I also thought that there should have been one of those mobile signs saying Stapleton Place closed/Road Works ahead etc so that people could take an option of an alternative route, like Hoeys Lane to Millenium Rd and the Marshes link. It is a longer route for sure but for me it is preferable to sitting in a jam back as far as the hospital. LMFM had a traffic report that traffic in Dundalk was moving freely yet it was at a standstill! Can you imagine it if it wasnt half-term!!?

They could have allowed traffic through Parnell Park and out again at the Grammar School and did the road surface bit by bit. No need to close the entire road. A little bit of forward planning would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Stapleton Place reopens......................just in time for the first game of the new LOI season at Oriel Park!!:cool::P

http://talkofthetown.ie/stapleton-place-reopens-to-traffic-ahead-of-schedule/

• Advertisement

They'll be back again before too long to repair Stapleton Place. Surface breaking up further down from the newly resurfaced section.

Anyone know when these bloody roadworks are going to finish on the Dublin Road? Long lines of traffic both ways after 5 this evening. Should have to finish up before 4.30 pm IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone know when these bloody roadworks are going to finish on the Dublin Road? Long lines of traffic both ways after 5 this evening. Should have to finish up before 4.30 pm IMO.

There was a major water pipe burst yesterday.

There was a major water pipe burst yesterday.

Are these works by Irish Water (also Virgin Media) not causing delays on an ongoing basis though? Really p*ssing people off at this stage it seems.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/news/293820/traffic-chaos-on-dublin-road-dundalk-continues.html

Was the N53 from Hackballscross to the border closed as planned this morning for 6 works of roadworks? No information at all on the Louth County Council website. In fact information seems to have been removed as the link below no longer works. Link is on google using 'n53 road closure' as a search.

https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Louth_County_Council/Latest-News/Road-Closure-N53-National-Secondary-Road-Hackballscross-to-Rassan.html

• Advertisement

Was the N53 from Hackballscross to the border closed as planned this morning for 6 works of roadworks? No information at all on the Louth County Council website. In fact information seems to have been removed as the link below no longer works. Link is on google using 'n53 road closure' as a search.

https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Louth_County_Council/Latest-News/Road-Closure-N53-National-Secondary-Road-Hackballscross-to-Rassan.html

I took a fairly long detour to avoid this this morning, so to discover the road was not closed. The least they could do is tell us so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I took a fairly long detour to avoid this this morning, so to discover the road was not closed. The least they could do is tell us so.

It was due to close from tomorrow for 6 weeks. It will now close on October 9 depending on objections for 6 weeks.

Peter File wrote: »
    It was due to close from tomorrow for 6 weeks. It will now close on October 9 depending on objections for 6 weeks.

It was advertised as from 24th September but see the change now.

Sign outside the Louth County Hospital on the Dublin Rd for the last while saying road works with a stop & go system from the 20th to the 31st January. Still haven't started though.

Sign outside the Louth County Hospital on the Dublin Rd for the last while saying road works with a stop & go system from the 20th to the 31st January. Still haven't started though.

Started today. Near the traffic lights at the hospital.

What about the stupidity of the road in Church St as you approach from Linenhall Street? Pure madness. Long tailbacks as you cannot get into Church St until there’s a break in traffic coming from Church St into Bridge St.
    Some clowns involved in the planning of that.
    It needs to be rectified immediately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I can't understand why they didn't use tracking software to prescribe the required turning circles. Its real 101 stuff in road design. The new junctions are pathetically bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

What about the stupidity of the road in Church St as you approach from Linenhall Street? Pure madness. Long tailbacks as you cannot get into Church St until there’s a break in traffic coming from Church St into Bridge St.
    Some clowns involved in the planning of that.
    It needs to be rectified immediately.

Its absolutely mindboggling how anyone came up with such a setup. We ll not just narrow the junction....we ll put it at a right angle so that unless youre in mini youll have to pray theres nothing coming down clanbrassil street if u want to turn left. But on the bright side theres ample area to sit outside the camelot and watch the world go by....which is handy given what a high pedestrian traffic area that has always been !!! Whomever came up with the layout must never have driven the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

I think they put it in and forgot that cars actually drive on it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

More works

Louth County Council have given notice of its intention to close The Laurels Road from its junction with Church Street (R132) to its junction with The Long Walk from 9am on Tuesday February 18 to 6pm on Monday February 24 to facilitate road resurfacing works at the junction of The Laurels and Church Street.

Local access will be provided.

Diversion Route South: South Bound traffic approaching The Laurels (LT20011) from Church Street (R132) will be diverted south along Church Street, Clanbrassil Street (R132), Crowe Street (R132), Francis Street(R132), Park Street (R132) and along Magnet Road (R132) to its junction with The Long Walk (LT 20016).

Diversion Route North: North Bound traffic approaching The Laurels from The Long Walk (LT 20016) will be diverted west along The Long Walk to its junction with MacSwiney Street (LT 20016). Then north along MacSwiney Street and Legion Avenue (LT 20015) to its junction with The Castletown Road (R934), east along the Castletown Road to its junction with Bridge Street (R132), north along Bridge Street and south along Linenhall Street (R132), Church Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Is there a dedicated thread for developments in Dundalk/surrounding areas?

This is the closest thing to it that i can see.

Does anyone have a list of developments currently ongoing in the area? I noticed 3 seperate housing sites coming out of the town in the Blackrock road, one of them is 1300 homes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

dave 27 wrote: »
    Is there a dedicated thread for developments in Dundalk/surrounding areas?

This is the closest thing to it that i can see.

Does anyone have a list of developments currently ongoing in the area? I noticed 3 seperate housing sites coming out of the town in the Blackrock road, one of them is 1300 homes?!

I dont know which development in particular but there is one that seems to have an exit of to the Golf Links Rd, I dont know how the traffic this will create will be managed without an additional exit on to the Coast Road. Both the Golf Links and the Coast Rd are narrow and busy enough as it is without a lot of additional work. Similarily the proposal to expand the Loakers on to the same Coast Rd!?

I'm wondering has the council changed the sequencing of the lights at the junction of Vincent's Avenue and Dublin Street (Windsor Pub)? For those coming down Vincent's Avenue they seem to be on red now for quite awhile which can affect traffic coming in both the Ardee and Carrick Roads in the morning. I'm finding you save a fair bit of time by using Mary Street South instead to get on to Dublin Street.

The Mount Avenue Link Road is being closed for 12 months for through traffic from the 11th April to facilitate its upgrading. The section from the Carrick Rd up to the ESB substation will become a cul de sac, with a new road being constructed from the substation to the exit at the Lis Na Dara estate on to the Carrick Rd. This will be a signalised junction.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

About time Mount avenue was sorted.

They have been talking about the Cul de sac for 20 years at the ESB substation.

Used as a Rat run for mainly northern cars and vans for years to the detriment of residents-especially the no footpath side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Was flagged years ago that was going to happen TBh

See the appartments being built beside the big tescos? and tesco itself? how did anything or is anything being built there OR getting pp ? That bridge will never be removed IMO,anyone know what the plans are for the proposed removal of it?

Advertisement