Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property purchase on Sli na Manach, Mugret

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I found them very expensive for what they are offering. I am happy now and don't regret my decision in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

That’s a bit harsh. Care to share your reasons why?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mitra

In fairness, this builder is giving far more than any other builder - underfloor heating, oak timber doors, tiling to bathrooms, flooring to the ground floor, and everything nicely finished. I have seen other developments from them and these items seem to be standard.

I have seen many builds so far in Galway, Limerick, Cork & Kildare and they are all not as good or nicely finished as this.

Cnoc an Chaisleáin a new build in Oranmore Galway by Kingscroft, doesn't have underfloor heating, no tiling and those doors and door handles & sanitary wear in the bathroom look like the cheapest ones available in Woodies/B&Q. and they asking 455k for 130 sqm house. 25 year old house that I'm renting has better fittings. It's just ridiculous money for a cheaply built house.

Another is Kylemore. Though this is a fully finished property with all the fixtures, it still doesn't have the same appeal. The font rendering facade look dull, and it is painted with worst possible color

I was about to close the deal but after deliberation, I backed off from Cois Teampall due to the fact that it's close to the cement factory. I initially thought it wouldn't bother me but it does, though the factory wasn't visible from the house I was thinking to buy. I went a few times into the estate where the new houses are being built, and every time I drove/walk into the estate that mammoth chimney/silo was teasing me.

If the cement factory doesn't bother you then it's a lovely development to own a house, not very densely built, with very high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭boetstark

Lucky you. It will be a full blown incinerator soon. We live in The Grange. Beautiful place to live but LCC will have it all destroyed soon. So much extra traffic. Concrete jungle , private and social housing estates everywhere and allowed Cement Factory Incinerator licence slip between their very dim fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PS5012

I'm in the exact same boat. Every time I drive into the estate it seems the factory gets bigger. There are also some nights where the noise from the factory seems very loud.

I'm also close to completing the deal (or at least having it become legally binding) but have serious doubts because of the factory.

• Advertisement

Not to mention the speed ramp! If you know, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭boetstark

You must be in a different part of the estate.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lucslav

I have currently signed contract for Cois Teampall. I can live with cement plant but something else is bothering me. Got some rules from property management saying 'no satellite dishes' and then I see there are satellite dish on every 2nd house🤔.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I wouldn't buy a house in Mungret to save my life. It's going to be a hole in 5-10 years. Underfloor heating won't be much comfort when an incinerator is at your door, traffic is an absolute nightmare and the usual elements get to ruining estates as we see in so many other areas of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lucslav

There is Twitter bot showing air quality measurements at Fr Russell Road station. PM 2.5 is basically flat all day at very minimal level, and only peaks I guess are coming from private houses using central heating and fireplaces in certain hours

https://twitter.com/LimerickAir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

The estates should never have been built near the factory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

All the good finishes in the world will be worth nothing, when you are sitting there having worked hard to save your deposit, and working to pay the mortgage while a few doors down, feral kids whose parents were given a house, are slowly destroying same said good finishes....and when their work is done, and the house is wrecked, the council will come in and renovate it, and shur they may as well replace the solar panels and heat pump while they are at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I was very interested in buying here. Took a spin out there last Saturday night at. 8pm. No way. Groups and groups of kids on bikes and scooters (which is fine, kids play ) but they will soon be teenagers and that’s when the issues start

Every estate has kids in it, unless you buy in the equivalent of a retirement village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

A general comment - I recall many of these type threads over the years. Mention any area of the city and you get two broad responses

(A) was a 'very quiet area' but now undefined 'others' are moving in ( insert tales about said ' others' ) AND OTHERS may have CHILDREN. Boo.

(b) council are planning/ mentioning housing next door / 2 km away , behind wall etc . some of which is ' social'

I live in Corbally, and recall the exact same comments here many years about estates and developments , all of which were absolute shock stories of urban decay. None of which were true. I have lived in one for 20 years.

So, if buying in any estate of development, visit it at different times of day, see is it littered ( always a negative sign) , see how well it's maintained etc. Are owners refurbishing houses ? ( if so it's a plus) Do people know each other ( another plus) Seeing children ( the HORROR.. ) is hardly a sign it will be Beirut in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bitent

People react in different ways to situations.

You mentioned Beirut, nobody else did.

So you are gaslighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bitent

Dead meme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I would be concerned about the incinerator, I wouldn't trust that lot to run a bakery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement