Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Deck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Ordered on Sunday, was shipped Monday moring but no update since Tuesday 6am, its so annoying 😀

Whats the usual turnaround for people here when buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

About a week these days. Usually it leaves the Netherlands and goes quiet for 4 days then lands in Ireland and the next days it's delivered. I'd say it will be Monday or Tuesday if you don't get lucky today 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I ordered on a Tuesday and had it the following Monday. It was in Ireland on the Friday evening but not delivered until the Monday.

Thanks for that. 72 hours no update now so must be delivered by land. I'll aim for Monday so. Gutted 🤣

Any idea how to stop the deck screen going to sleep when remote playing PS5 via Chiaki?

• Advertisement

Have a look in the settings there Should be a power setting to never sleep or maybe set it to 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

When did yours eventually arrive? Ordered mine on Saturday and it was handed over to GLS on Monday but all notifications since have been arrived/left the parcel centre (last one was Tuesday night). Was really hoping to have it before the weekend but am losing hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone have to RMA their Stream Deck?

I've not been using mine much recently and now when I try the screen won't come on. It chimes, the fan and haptics come on, but no screen or backlight.

After a back and forth trying different things with Steam support they've initiated an RMA. It's off to Frankfurt and then on to Prague. Based on how long it took to get here from the Netherlands initially I probably won't see it for a month 😬

I got that before but thankfully it came back on. I think I just held the power button in for ages until it did a full reboot. There is also a safe boot option, something like holder power and volume down.

They got me to try a few different combos like Vol+ and Power, Vol+ and …, plugged in and out, holding for 10 seconds etc. but still no display.

I also tried a few things I read online like letting it drain over night, and I've held the power for over a minute like you suggested. No luck unfortunately.

They issued the RMA when I told them it won't turn off when plugged in and it comes on by itself (chime and haptics) when I plug it in.

• Advertisement

10% off the hardware at the moment on steam. If anyone is on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Will be interesting to see do companies adapt their games to work on deck as it’s capabilities get left behind in current gen. Is the user base strong enough for that to be worth their while.

New update has official support for the start up movies. You can "buy" them with 3000 steam points.

You do need to update to the latest OS, then press the Steam button, go to settings and just below the keyboard setting you will see a new option called customisation.

You can link to the steam points store or equip ones you already own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Isn’t there an add-on that does that already? Or are these new movies created by valve or something?

It was something that was a mod to add your own, but valve have made it an official feature now and added some movies to the points store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice. Official support is a good thing. Had a look in my account and have almost 200k of those points things, that better not mean I’ve spent that much on games over the years. 😂

You get a bunch for buying the deck too. But mainly it's buying games you never have time to play 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Was hoping to get Flight Simulator but it was still like €55 on sale. Got a €50 voucher for my birthday last month so I went with the classics. Outside of playing the first Left 4 Dead on 360 these are all new to me. Interested to see what does and doesn't work on the Deck with the older titles. The community control settings is a cool feature.

I'm probably the only person to pick 20 Minutes Till Dawn over Vampire Survivors!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Deck is 10% off until next Thursday, to celebrate being a year old!

If I wasn't off to England in 2 weeks, I'd bite 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I bought a deck a few days before this... Was a bit annoyed when I saw the price drop 3 days later!

But got onto support and chanced my arm to see of they'd refund the difference as my deck hasn't been delivered yet, and woke up this morning to it being credited to my steam wallet!

Whoop! Time to buy more games I don't need 😁😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

So with the discount I am thinking of taking the plunge. I don't really need it. Is it worth it going for the cheapest option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I didn't need it either... But I get far more time playing handheld on the switch in spurts at the moment, so thought this might fit that same scenario! Was reading on reddit and the consensus there was to get the cheapest version and swap the ssd, so that's what I bought and a 512 ssd ill replace for €80 (2tb someday in future if prices drop!)

If you don't want to risk opening it up then the mid range one is the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The cheapest option is definitely worth it if you don't mind opening it up to add an NVME card in future, apparently it's pretty user friendly. If you don't want to do that, the 64GB is also fine if a 512GB SD card is enough for you. Realistically 512GB should be enough to download a handful of games on, there's only so many you can play at the one time so shouldn't be an issue for most.

Pretty handy way to get a decent performance boost with not much messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Went with the 256 model, now to figure out as much as possible before it arrives to get the most out of it

Thanks

Dave

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm definitely going to pick one up, in the coming days.

Probably the 64gb one with a big old sd card.

I was going to be patient with Adverts and get one there, but I think with the price drop I'll order one today instead from Steam/Valve

I already have a bunch of games lined up on Steam to purchase, much like Davey up above.

The games pile, it only ever gets higher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I went with the 256 version as I ordered the day pre orders opened and it wasn't clear what sd card performance would be like. If I had to buy again I would go with the 54gb version since thinking is half the fun for me. Hope they keep the 400 euro model for any future versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Resi4 demo running great now on deck. Bodes well for Friday

• Advertisement

Brand new replacement Deck arrived today.

I sent the old one back via UPS and it was with them in 3-4 days. The new one was on the usual GLS slow boat from the Netherlands. Got the tracking number on the 13th, left Utrecht the next day, then nothing until it reached Ireland on the 21st.

Whoever delivered it left it outside my door at 7:45. I don't know if they knocked, but I'm glad it was still there when I woke up 40 minutes later 😬

Overall I'm happy with Steam support, less than 3 weeks from ticket to replacement and most of that was waiting on GLS.

Advertisement