Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Night Agent [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Is... is it aliens?! 😲

Can't see a wiki and imdb is keepin it mysterious: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13918776/

A low-level FBI agent, Peter Sutherland, who works in the basement of the White House, manning a phone that never rings until the night it does, propelling him into a conspiracy that leads all the way to the Oval Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sounds like Condor or Rubicon territory

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Released today..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm trying to remember where I saw Peter as a younger fella, must check his bio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

Enjoyed the first episode, but I love these kind of shows like Jack Ryan etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Quite a good series, one episode left to see.

I presume there will be a series 2.

1: They.. they.. 😦

they stole a baby!

Also that dude is strong. The first kill I though he leveraged the stairs banisters or something but the final kill.. he just lifted yer wan straight up.. with a garrote!

Counter intelligence eh.. and it's FBI.. so I'm guessing then they're after some outside-USA people. FBI handles that on the ground over there I think.

Threats seem real enough. Peter took a right whallop off the train and crash running into him at the start.

This show feels very well made for the budget level I'm guessing its at.

At first he reminded me of the cop from Sense 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Yep, you could certainly see that it did not have a big budget. Quite a few continuation errors.

But decent enough

Netflix have very much gone the "book" route with the number of films based on books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Finished this yesterday. I liked it. I generally like the spy thriller shows and this is a decent one. The relationship between the two leads felt believable and the plot kept you interested. At the start I did expect that person to turn out to be a traitor but they did make me doubt it for a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thoroughly enjoyed that, didn’t feel as clunky and spoon fed as some of these type of shows sometimes can be.

I look forward to season 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Finished this last night and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Night Agent Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix, Just 6 Days After Release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good news. I don't think the lack of a follow up book should hinder them too much. The plot itself was nothing too ground breaking really. The acting and the direction were the main plus points. It's a well thought out and well paced show that doesn't try to do too much.

Just finished this today. It was a lot of fun if you switch your brain off. Series 2 ep 1 should just be Peter getting multiple MRI's.

2: Oh! Now that's where the hook is. I definitely want to know what happens next.

The show generally feels like 'yeah I could watch this' but the story kicked up a gear here.

I was full sure Robert Patrick must have been the brains behind it but it looks like he's just a pawn now.

That other guy on the baddies phone call. Seems like he might be a politician so I'm guessing him now.

I wonder what happened the assassin that his .. you know.. isn't working

3: Oh yeah! Story is getting good! Sarah Desjardins turning up is a bonus too! Haven't seen her in ages!

Guessing now that..

The plan is to blow up this hotel that the plans are on the hard drive for. The file they didn't open but called Gas Lines has me thinking that.

The vice presidents daughter being a big deal. Maybe could it be to kill/kidnap her or him. Although, since they've brought the president into the show already, maybe it's all a plan of the vice president. Seems he doesn't get along with the kid. So maybe he's going to try kill the president using a tragedy about his daughter.

Definitely got the connection between snake tatoo guy here and the tatoo from the first episode.

This new bodyguard. Feels a lot like Peter except with a dodgy arm. Guessing they might team up. Though, things might not go so well for him as they have, relatively, for Peter.

The leader of the daughters bodyguards seems like she's on the level too. Using the CIA connect was interesting. CIA not supposed to work on the home turf though.. I think.. not sure.. I wonder if they are chasing foreign agents.. though, I'd have guessed that was domestic agencies.. i dunno.

The tech on the show feels fine. Feels like they've made it easier to understand what's going on but there's an element of "You know what I mean" there for techies.

All in all, pretty solid in-general for what doesn't feel like a huge budget.

4: Solid spycraft mystery thriller here. Still have much the same guess..

all about the president / vice-president and the daughter. Pres or VP trying to kill the other. The main direction I'm seeing points to the VP going after the President I think. Maybe it's a red herring and the other way around.

This art teacher. What his part is, I dunno. Either to have or remove the daughter from the dangerzone at the time of the attack I guess.

• Advertisement

5: Damn but that was a hook in the story!

So, let me see, the art teacher was just a side show. Looks like the room mate has the daughter now.

It does feel like it's all pulling together to the story of the VP going through some tragedy with the daughter. Then it's just down to him doing it to take down the president or vica-versa. Doesn't feel like they've given anything in the story to suggest it's the president making the play so I'm guessing it's the VP.

The two assassins in the car waiting/talking and it raining a bit.. I swear I got vibes of the nexus 6 replicants from blade runner off their story. They've been used and abused.

6: Well acted scene at the end there from Gabriel Basso (Peter).

Really kinda felt the kinda gutwrench from being thrown under the bus like that from his reaction.

OK, so the kidnapping was not part of the plan.. so what was the plan.. the VP going after the President.. maybe with an assasination attempt on her.. by a bomb.. I'm guessing..

Will see what comes next..

7: This has the looks of a bad development but I dunno.. feels like it's a good one.

These two pairs feel like they've been solidly trying to figure things out and combined, if they start working it out, I think they have enough to figure a lot of stuff out.

Maybe not the bigger picture because I'm still feeling a bit thrown on it. It feels like it keeps circling from the VP being up to something, my guess being having a go at the President.. over to the vice versa of the President having a go at the VP

8: Honestly! Jaw absolutely dropped when..

Rose pushed the assassin off the crane and she feel and .. I'm pretty sure .. died.

Two more episodes, haven't a clue what they have planned. Maybe just to see out the rest of the bigger story.

Still feels Pres vs Vice Pres.. but maybe Farr was pulling the VPs strings.. I dunno.

I'd guess there would have to be some more trouble to come with two whole episodes left

I'm not sure if Monks is dead or not. Bit of a gut punch for Arrington if he is

9: Awe hell yeah! Finale is gonna be a big one!

Showdown at Camp David!

I swear.. that fake car/truck/suv blowing up with Zadar.. was very.. frustrating 🙄 and the writers knew it! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very enjoyable, nothing groundbreaking the plot has been done a million times. Reminded me of 24 and I think the fact the lead character was called Sutherland was a nod to it.

Flew through it, good writing, well acted.

annnndddd Finished! Solid little well-wrapped show. Probably better experienced as a 1 or 2 day binge.

The show isn't hugely raw or gritty but it has enough and felt like it stayed true to itself for the whole season.

10: I think that wrapped things up just fine. The episode, the season and nothing jumps out as a big loose end.

Good to get the whodunnit resolved when I'd been trying to figure between the VP vs the Pres.

A whole lot of people being put in white house positions or moving towards Europe I felt at the end, including Maddie.

The one person who wasn't being Rose, who could easily do tech "consulting" from anywhere anyway I'd be guessing.

Future: Yes! I would want what I think they were getting at..

felt like it was going in the direction of a Netflix version of oldschool Mission Impossible. Certainly not being able to read his mission until out of US Airspace suggested CIA to me.

I imagine that head guy from the private contractors would show up too.

Maybe even more to the father than was revealed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Looks like this must be number 1 on my to watch list - thanks guys for not posting spoilers!! Currently watching The Diplomat and thoroughly enjoying, but getting through it too quick!! Great to have the next show lined up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Been watching this over the last week and a half. Just finished it. Glad to see it has been renewed for a second season. All the episodes were very good some good twists in it too. Not sure where that is going to go do for its second season do. Mostly following Peter I suppose.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Yes, I just finished the Diplomat and really enjoyed it!! This will be next, after I finish the Lincoln Lawyer which I am just getting into!!

Advertisement