Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They have a UK P for demo test drive the last 6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

MYLR , Long run limerick to Dublin and back today , with interesting results .

started out with 66% and battery preconditioned.drove at speed limit , Arrived 200km later with 13%. Trip told me i saved 5% with 26km/hr tailwind comsumption 210wh/km. very good indeeed.

got to sandyford supercharger and was so easy to charge, got 175kw to start with but went down to 63kw by the time i reached 77%. Took 20 mins to go from 13% to 77%. Few newbies cars at chargers including a gorgeous MY P in MSM.

left Leopardstown at 2:30 and put in home address, car advised that I would need to keep under 120kph to arrive home with more than 5% battery. Also had warning on screen that there was going to be a strong headwind coming from SW on trip.

got home with 5% and indeed very strong headwind all the way down motorway. Consumption was 250wh/km for trip. Horrendous weather

nav also told me that a 26km/hr headwind had cost me 16.7% in range. Very clever car indeed .

without that info i would have chanced making it back down on 55-60% .

Algorithm must have local and destination weather built in .

ABRP said i would arrive with 21% , even though toggles is on for realtime weather.

really impressed the way the car worked today . Autopilot and wipers were also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Great stuff! @mun1Sounds like you are happy with it so far. Any pics of the new beast?

How's the suspension with the 20" inductions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Nice. I actually have the same ones but L+R sided in my Ali cart. Thinking of going with the gun metal grey though.

• Advertisement

Waiting to give it a wash before posting pics, as I’ve a lot of motorway driving done this week.

20” induction are fine . Small bit jiggly over undulating surfaces on B roads at times , but good over broken up road surfaces and potholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Any link to the left and right sided ones?

Presumably they would be slightly more efficient?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

"Algorithm must have local and destination weather built in ."

and elevation changes too!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

I thought that was introduced alright in an update in the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

€ 97,69 51%OFF | 4PCS 19Inch Hub Cap for Tesla Model Y 2023 Wheel HubcapPerformance Replacement Right & Left Hubcap Full Rim Cover Accessories

There you go. Don't forget to ask if they have the logo's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

does the RWD model came with matrix headlights? Or those are for LR/performance models only?

also, anyone tried to buy the all weather mates from aliexpress? Any recommendations?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

Yes all models come with matrix headlights fitted just not fully functional

i bought set of all weather car mats from AliExpress - riven car lighting store , make sure you pick the right ones , ie “right rudder, model Y” got complete set including front rear, boot, sub boot, frunk, rear of seats for €165 delivered + €11 for Irish customs .

very good quality material and look great, not like some of the cheap rubber ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Probably muck in the tyres grooves from that crappy pick up point !,,,

Model Y Vibrations caused, possibly by a slightly detached internal tyre foam according to other forums.

I still think the Michelins are far superior to hankooks , and I suspected , that the Michelins were SO superb back in October when we got the model 3 that this was the quietest riding car I’ve ever experienced at high speed and had already enquired about how much replacements were going to cost as we we’re putting so many kms on the model 3 . €1200 was the answer. I knew back then that it would be folly to consider anything other than the Michelins as replacements and would ruin a fantastic car . Tesla seem to have answered my speculation by putting the hankooks on the Y ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

So collected the MY RWD MSM everything perfect apart from some badly applied PPF which looks about as good as I’d do myself but that’s not what I paid for so logged a call hopefully a ranger will sort, one or 2 very minor scratches near the PPF guessing a scruffy cloth, you’d need to be looking for them to spot them. Should buff out no problem, only superficial. I’ve collected other new cars from ze Germans that were in far worse shape, the paint and panels are perfect otherwise.

Have been on a couple of test drives in the LR and RWDs they had in sandyford and didn’t notice any suspension issues, the ride in the RWD from my perspective is perfect. Not as planted as the M3 I replaced it with but you can’t fcuk with physics the Y has a little bit more roll but you need to push it to feel the difference. No issues with vibrations as some have reported and my tires were all 42PSI on collection.

not missing USS yet but then again I can drive 😂 or at least I think I can. Had to move a lot of stuff today from the house and what the Y can swallow is ridiculous compared to the 3, we really needed the space hence the change. In the 3 I couldn’t sit behind the driver seat with the seat as I would use it and the low seat / high floor would have been very uncomfortable for any length of journey for an adult in the back, in the Y I can sit in the back with buckets of legroom and the seating position is much more comfortable.

finally the improved sound system over the 3 RWD with the limited speakers is a world apart. I always spec the upgraded system in a new car and this is a very good system, Spotify is good, FLAC from my SD card is top class. I don’t need the LR range or power I’ve enough bonus points, never mind the P but it would be nice, I can see how this will potentially be the best selling car in the world this year, I know it’s personal choice and having tested pretty much everything on the market when buying the 3, in my humble opinion there isn’t a better value car available in the same price bracket / segment. So please fcuk off with your Renaults and MGs they don’t come close 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bozcivit

MYP has a different Matrix LED headlights from LR/RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

Finally found it, unfortunately all the 9 set all weather mates in aliexpress for model Y are now above 200 euro before delivery & tax

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

We counted 9 MYs on our travels today around stillorgan and donnybrook. Plus 3 cherry red teslas.

Guy's, the USB C connections in the centre console and in the rear, are they only for charging???

I thought that I could use a flash drive to play music from in the centre, without having to disconnect the sentry storage in the glove box.

• Advertisement

Power only get a usb hub for the glovebox, works a charm

This is what I have below, has an SD card slot which is where I have all my music

USB Hub 3.0 Multi Port Adapter... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PR9MP6F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

That's great, I have one of those. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

That Tesla algorithm for measuring expected consumption with regard to prevailing conditions is impressive.

Do any other manufacturers come close ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

It’s frankly amazing, for me is always within 1% and recalculates on the fly as your driving, conditions change, allowed me to enjoy my 1st EV with no range anxiety, my only anxiety was collection day as I had heard horror stories of Teslas shutting down with 30 % battery due to no calibration, but that was pub talk bollox, still hit IONITY Kill on collection day for a top up, which turned out to be useful as I’d never used a public charger before and that experience was also positive, have yet to use a supercharger as none of my journeys have needed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Collecting my 3rd Tesla in the morning and always had a positive experience at collection. When you do get to try the Tesla SUC it’s a step up. Just plug cable in sit back, no apps to open, no buttons to press, no credit card details to be entered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Or replace the centre console module with a data enabled one. I did yesterday and only took 5 minutes, have data and game controller access now without going near the glovebox.

There's also no need for a hub, just portion the drive into dashcam and music, I did because I use .flac file which take up a lot more space

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks for that.

Can you please give a link to a suitable data enabled centre console module?

And when you say portion the drive do you format it with two partitions so it appears as two separate drives?

• Advertisement

Sorry, didn't mean new multi coat red, I meant the old red whatever it's called. I rarely see red teslas, so to spot 3 on the one trip was noteworthy.

Advertisement