Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Anziox33

Thanks again Deezell.

I am coming to the conclusion that there may be a lot more under the hood in PM than they are posting on their website.In particular they may still have some Vodafone bundles. There's a lot of posts around March to June 2021 on this subject.

I recall someone (can't find post) suggested topping up on PM and trying to buy a 5INTER bundle, (nothing to lose if it doesn't work.)

I'll give it a try.

On a separate point,I was using my phone (Samsung a21e) as a Wi-Fi Hotspot for my laptop, as I move around quite a bit. I can get by ok if I cut down the Video. but getting good connections on Hotspot was not always possible. I have now found much better reliability using the phone directly USB Tethering to the Laptop. I had erroneously presumed Hotspot and USB tethering were much the same.

Regards, A.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭deezell

I'm grateful for my AnPost connection these last 5 days, marginal though it is. My home Broadband went down last Friday at 11.00 am when Eir were doing some unrelated work in the fibre cabinet from which my ordinary wire pair telephone line leaves and 600m and 5 poles later land in my house. I notified my ISP immediately, they didn't flag the fault to Eir till 5.15, bank holiday Friday, so no Internet or phone, Netflix, smart heating or streaming till they came back to work Tuesday. As an emergency measure, I hot spotted my phone, then picked it up on a cheap WiFi extender that had lain in a press this 4 years. It had an ethernet port which took my home heating hub, so service restored, and it also has enough throughput to stream some premier football on the smart TV. I had my phone on a charger stand on a north facing bedroom window board which gave me 2-3 bars reception, the Tecknet repeater in the front hall relayed the feed from its own Wi Fi AP. It worked, and I had plenty of GBs data left on my month to keep everything going. This is the Tecknet with the smart heating bridge plugged in.

I'm assuming I'll get 5 days credit from my broadband ISP, or is that a laughable notion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Anyone having a problem messaging Bank of Ireland on 50365? The message just fails to send I can SMS regular mobiles ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The €15 plan is now available for signups, you've a choice of €15 or €18 plans now for new ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rhinosaurious

Are the speeds with a post the same as Vodafone? I’d assume VF have faster speeds no?

• Advertisement

I've a Vodafone and PM phones and can't say I see much difference. You don't see throttling and I get a decent 50-80 down when I'm in a town. Ping times are longer and they had some issues last summer with their access point name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Is there a way to be able to text the free shortcode numbers (50xxx)

There free but unable to access!

If you put some credit on your account for out of bundle calls and services, then it will probably send, with a charge if 0. Unlike freephone, the 5×××× nos. are not regulated, it's a vendor arrangement to charge 0 for 50xxx, not a comreg mandate to mobile operators. Top up by a few euro, then try it. Heres the max costs of the different 5xxxx nos.

50XXX – Free (these numbers are not regulated by ComReg as they are free services)

51XXX – Not exceeding €0.16 (these numbers are not regulated by ComReg as they are less than the regulated threshold*)

53XXX – Not exceeding €0.80

57XXX – €0.80 or above

58XXX – Variable price

59XXX – Variable price

Thanks a lot for that 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

• Advertisement

Has anyone lost their data? Still have calls and texts, but data disappeared about 2.30, back in WiFi land now.

Yep

Took the sim out and tried in an old phone, it received the APN settings, but still no data. Returned to my own phone, still powered, got an APN notification also, which I ignored, then 4G Data just came back. Who knows what goes on.

Not anything on Vodafone’s end anyway I have everything working fine on VF, must be something going on with An Post.

Odd alright. I noticed my SIM status was different without the data, voice was UMTS (3g), data was HSUPA (3g also, but no connection), they're now both LTE (4g).

Maybe they enabled VoLTE (4G calling) because of Vodafone’s 3g being upgraded?

Same here and Vodafone phone working fine. Data is back as an icon but no connection.

No harm sending off an email to CS to moan, see what responses we get. Usually they're honest with their issues

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mykrodot

glad it wasn't just me. Driving from Dublin to Kerry and lost signal just after 2pm. Thought it was phone, switched it off and on, only got updates when I came into home broadband. Hopefully its sorted soon, this is becoming a regular thing.

From support;

Thank you for contacting An Post Mobile customer care. There is currently an issue with mobile data all across the network. This issue has been logged with our IT department. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• Advertisement

I've noticed their 18 euro ads have now largely been replaced by 15 euro. Obviously their sales plan didn't go well and not many changed plus it didn't attract new customers. I wonder how long til the 15 allowance goes up to 50Gb again?

Glad to see their plan change/money grab didn't go to plan to be honest. If they left us 15 euro people on 50Gb, I'd have wishes them well

I assume I could change to 18 for a month, then back to 15 next month based on my top up amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It was never going to gain much traction when all the other mnvo's had much more competitive pricing. Even 3 were offering the "3 Hero" pay as you go plan on and off over the past while that offered much more.

I wish there was some competition in the Energy sector. Electric still stubbornly 46c/Kwh, but that's for another forum.

An post mobile have in effect priced themselves out of their own market for new customers while at the same degrading existing customers plans so that the competition are better value.

I imagine it will stop making enough money to make the business worthwhile.

They need to offer 5G from the comments on their facebook ad. No reason why VF can't give them 5G

I agree. They need to leverage the Vodafone infrastructure in their plans. Otherwise they are no different than anyone else and slightly worse value that the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nui0304

Hi

is there anyone other there that just can't get their call waiting working. I have been with An Post Mobile a while and just can't get it sorted. I have enabled and disabled it via normal settings and codes. I have rang support but no avail!

I have tried it on different handsets but cannot get it sorted!

Thanks for your help.

Will this filter through to AP I wonder. Some of the increases are outrageous. 3 applying inflation, PLUS 3% year on year. The telcos have looked at the crisis mega profits made by the energy companies, the big retailers like Tesco, and now the hospitality sector, all gouging, and have decided to have a bit of that. Energy is a tiny part if running a mobile network, their running costs have increased marginally, but hey, why waste a crisis when you can line the pockets of shareholders.

Captive market in Ireland, with weak consumer oversight, protection. I don't buy the smaller market economy of scale. They are all global companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I don’t think PM could up the price before providing 5G. After all this increase is meant to be due to investment in their networks.

Advertisement