Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

i think the Munster goal is a try bonus point here. No chance of winning the game imo and a LBP is very much an outside chance imo.

Noticeable improvement in the second half. I don't know if this is the substitutions or half time team talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,144 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Think Munster might still do it.

Or not.

Munster have struggled so much at set piece today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭hold my beer

So poor. Munster deserve nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Joey threw that pass at 14-31, with all the momentum behind Munster and 22 minutes left on the clock. What could have been...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Munster so much better with Crowley at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Could be a critical TBP in the grand scheme of things.

Nash has been electric. Kendellan tireless since his introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

TBP at least scored by Nash. One of the few players who can hold his head up after this performance.

One more try gets us a LBP as well provided we don’t concede again.

LBP also still on...

It makes you question what’s the point of Carbery, the only thing he has over Crowley (experience) he shows none of it.

• Advertisement

Munster showed a decent 20 minutes in the second half, but the game was lost by an appalling opening 40. No scrum or lineout to build an attacking platform. Midfield attack offered no creativity or go forward.

The backrow was thoroughly outplayed and looked completely unable to make an impact at the ruck or to provide any sort of attacking impetus. Coombes was especially sluggish and it took 60 minutes for Hodnett to do anything of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Someone needs to have a word with Casey. He has turned a horrible player. Needs to focus on playing and stop trying to be a hard man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Agreed. Munster are in a position where they might need to get something (might just be a point) depending on other results from the South African tour. The TBP reduces the pressure a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The ref is such a homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭hold my beer

2 terrible line out throws in the last 10 minutes.

We deserved nothing so the fact we got 1 point is a miracle in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

26-38

Munster won the 2nd half 26-10 but cannot be wandering into matches like that.

Still a long way to go.

That being said, Glasgow were a delight at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Not that we don’t know this, but this club is going nowhere without more front row talent. Ryan coming back will only help short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Does Rowntree have the mentality to oversee this entire effort?

Some of the shyte he comes out with reminds me of a journeyman premiership manager only concerned with avoiding relegation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Lil Fred

No. He is hopelessly out of his depth. Munster will be devoured by teams for the rest of this season

Death, taxes, and hopeless takes after an Irish province loses a game ...

Like clockwork

A lot of the heat will be on Joey, but so much of the issues tonight were caused by a combination of him at 10 and Crowley at 12. Glasgow were able to overpower and choke that area of the pitch, on both sides of the ball. So much of the problems then followed - forced passes, poor breakdown work, etc. I think if you get either Joey or Crowley back at 10, and get Frisch and Fekitoa back together in midfield, a lot will improve.

The set piece is a completely separate issue though. Scrum and lineout were dreadful.

What are the hopeless takes you're referring to particularly?

Kendellen and Casey had great impact. Nash and Hodnett making things happen in the wider channels too.

Another positive is RG getting through more minutes tonight, and looking a lot less tentative in contact.

The loss will hopefully be the shot in the arm that the team needed, after letting standards slip so badly against Scarlets, and the first half tonight.

Never a good time to lose, but if it lights the fire back under the team in time for the knockouts, it at least has some upside.

The three that I was indicating towards were:

1) Comments saying Rowntree should be given the chop and is hopelessly out of his depth, when it's his first season and we've seen a clear improvement over JVG ball.

2) Comments saying Kleyn should have his contract terminated when he's been out player of the year and even today was one of the few forwards to front up.

3. Saying Casey has turned into a horrible player and should stop acting the hard man when (a) he's always been a little sh*t to play against going back to his U20 days and (b) his niggliness in that instance actually won a penalty for us. His urgency in general was also very noteworthy when he came on.

I have no problem with people making legitimate criticisms e.g. questions over Carbery, front row problems, just the general awfulness of the first half, etc. But sometimes these threads just turn into negative noise for the sake of negative noise instead of actually adding any value to the conversation.

Think that's a fair enough statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Didn't just lose to be fair, their opponents were out of sight in the first half, in Thomond Park.

And Munster make a bit of a habit of things like that. If you don't think thats a reasonable point of discussion for such a well resourced and supported Club, then I don't think you're properly considering all the implications and consequences of these performances.

Trust me Larbre, that response is far more coherent, well-structured, and reasonable than the ones I'm referring to in that comment.

Absolutely they are points of discussion - but these threads can often turn into doom, gloom, and face-in-dirt rubbing affairs fairly lively. But as I said to Interested Observer above, no qualms with genuine points of discussion

• Advertisement

I mean... fair enough. Some of that is a bit silly.

Advertisement