Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbie Kardashian is in a women's prison. Taoiseach's response to questions on this are here..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,060 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Odd that you opted to not answer the question. It was relatively simple.

Should women's opinions on who enters female only spaces be listened to?

What that has to do with the you using a urinal in the pub is beyond me.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭crusd

A tiny fraction of the population are trans. Thule incidence of one of these people entering a bathroom with women will be rare. And even then large majority will not be attracted to women. So a fraction of a tiny fraction. And even so the vast majority of people do not commit sexual offences. So a tiny fraction of a fraction of a tiny fraction. And even so in the majority of cases sexual offences are perpetrated by people known to the victim. The potential for incidents associated with this is incredibly rare. That’s why ye are leaping on a single case of a violent individual.

Post edited by crusd on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

That point has been dealt with.

She is in solidarity confinement and will never interact with anyone except prison staff.

So what's your exact problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Actually, by the logic of the gender religion 100% of the population is "trans", as anyone can decide that they are are "trans".

A tiny fraction of the population are sex offenders. thats not much consolation when you're a victim of one who was enabled by the this nonsense.

Firstly please don't call me liar.

Secondly the trans rapist hiding in a bathroom stall is a well worn trope on Twitter, it quite often makes it's way in here too.

• Advertisement

You completely missed the posters point, the vast majority of sex offences are committed by people known to the victim.

The majority of which are men.

Have you an irrational fear of all men on that basis or more specifically men who you know?

Are you a militant feminist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Not one thing you've said refutes anything I've said. So, I'm not sure what the point of your reply was?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

When you say "men" you mean "potential women" yeah?

If I was a woman I'd have a very rational fear of the sort of men who want to access woman only spaces. Same way if I was a chicken I'd be wary of a fox trying to get into a hen house.

Again you have widely missed the point.

Sex offenders don't need to go to that much trouble, they do it right in there own homes largely.

The majority of which are men.

Have you an irrational fear of all men on that basis or more specifically men who you know?

Are you a militant feminist?

You never answered my questions, if could give them a try please.

what makes you think sexual predators who would be devious enough to pretend to be trans to encounter women in the bathroom would not find other ways? In fact public toilets would tend to have multiple people and be in environments where getting away with it would be less likely

• Advertisement

Why would I answer your questions? I've already established that you dont believe there is any actual distinction between men and women so you have no point to make.

Your questions are just variations on the old "When did you stop beating your wife?" loaded question device. Try harder matey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The question I was responding to was in relation to whether or not a mental illness would prohibit a person from applying for a GRC. It doesn’t. The individual in question here has never been diagnosed with any significant mental illness, so the question isn’t relevant here on two fronts.

Everyone who is responsible for their care has pretty much concluded that the individual in question is a fantasist with a victim mentality who gets their kicks out of shocking people, and will do and say pretty much whatever it takes to get attention, generally negative attention. You’ve followed the case and you’ve read the reports so you know it’s not just women they target, and it’s not just women they’ve attacked either. They’ve attacked other residents in the care facilities they were in, and they’ve attacked staff, both women and men.

If memory serves correctly, I know you’re experienced in social care work in some capacity, not that I’m inquiring to know the actual details, I’m making the point that you would be at least somewhat familiar with the statistics on attacks on social care workers in the course of their work. So would you say it was 20% have experienced violence in the workplace? 30%? 50%? What if you were told it was 90%? 90% of social care workers in Ireland have experienced violence in the workplace -

Key findings from this research include;

• 90% of social care workers had experienced workplace violence
    • 3 out of 4 social care workers had experienced physical assault
    • 18% reported physical assault was a weekly or daily occurance in their workplace
    • Over 60% of respondents stated that their employer sees violence as an acceptable part of their job

https://socialcareireland.ie/crisis-concern-complacency/

And you want to think I or anyone else should give a shyte about this one individual who is locked up in a cell 21 hours of a day having aged out of the youth system and they knew they had nowhere to put them, so they decided the best place for them was in prison for four years, and that was on top of the time they’d spent in detention already.

You REALLY don’t have to wait too long if you’re concerned about protecting women from dangerous thugs. Here’s a case from only a few days ago where the same Judge who sentenced the individual in question here to four years for making threats, sentenced another individual to TWO AND A HALF YEARS, for his actions in being part of a mob that turned up at a woman’s home and himself and three others entered the home where she was with small children and her partner. Fortunately the State appealed the leniency of the sentence and it is to be increased -

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/ireland/man-part-of-mob-who-threatened-to-kill-a-woman-to-have-sentenced-increased-1450506.html

Nah man, it just looks like you’re zeroing in on an outlier case to argue catastrophic nonsense while deliberately ignoring reality in order to make your point. In reality you really don’t have a point if you expect anyone should give a shìt about an individual who is locked up in isolation almost 24/7 vs the reality of the people who aren’t locked up, and when they are, they receive even more lenient sentences for similar offences. The individual in this case is locked up because there’s simply nowhere else to put them. Were it up to me I’d put this individual and Enoch Burke in a cell and leave them to their own devices, but the Irish Prison Service and the numerous organisations involved in the prison system can’t do that, nor can politicians do it just to satisfy a tiny mob of angry idiots who pick these sorts of niche cases to portray these idiots as a threat to wider society at large, when that’s simply not true, and not something that wider society should, or needs to be concerned about.

Why would I answer your questions?

So you may gain some insight into your complete irrationality would be my hope.

🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And you see no problem with this from a human rights perspective? Solitary confinement with no social interaction.

It sounds horrific. Is this even legal?

So let me get this straight, the view here is that trans individuals should not be recognised because there is a tiny risk there may potentially be a rare incidence where a sexual predator uses that to gain access to women however a proven violent and dangerous individual with signs of being seriously disturbed should not be kept in solitary for the safety of others while a plan is formulated to deal with them?

It really is any old excuse to attack trans individuals in general at this stage rather than deal with individuals

It's many things, but primarily idiotic like I already stated.

But you never answered the question and now seemed to be concerned with her human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

If you make up lies, you're going to be called a liar. It's that simple.

You didn't answer any question either so didn't bother replying to yours.

• Advertisement

I was making fun of those standing up for trans rights seem to be in favour of keeping someone in solitary confinement 24 hours a day. And the same seem to accept this person is mental.

What about the men's safety?

Also what difference does it make if she is held in solitary confinement for the entire juration of her sentence in a mens or womens prison?

Which question didn't I answer?

Re is it legal, I have no idea. I imagine it would have to be tested. Or maybe it has and has been ignored, like slopping out or the state of the Central Mental Hospital.

There is 3 prisoners who will spend the entirety of their sentence in solitary confinement apparently, BK and 2 child killers.

BK for everyone's safety and the 2 child killers for theirs.

There are false equivalences and there are false equivalences and then there is this.

”ye are in favour of rights for for trans, the vast majority of whom are law abiding citizens, but also for keeping a violent dangerous criminal in solitary for the safety of others when absolutely necessary”

How are they remotely comparable. But whatever logical leaps the size of Everest you need to take because they make you feel icky👍

How in the name of sweet butterly Jesus did you link those 2?

That is delusional commentary.

Whether a mental person should get a gender cert.

You either don't know or don't care.

It comes across that you're so keen to be politically correct you can't form a view on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The impact is not minimal.

It seeks to redefine what a man and woman are. It seeks to change what society knows them to be. It seeks to indoctrinate our kids with a belief that is totally false, that a person can change gender and in the case of Male to Female , that this person is a "real " woman which they are not. Convince society of the narrative and anything is possible.

If society can be made to believe and accept the impossible, it can be convinced of anything, no matter how absurd.

It’s accepting people choices about how to live their lives. There have always being people who have chosen to live their lives differently to the bulk of society. Recognising that is not a danger. It’s just accepting people for who they are.

This thread is all about hanging onto to the rare exceptions and trying to judge the entire issue based on those exceptions. A large part of this seems to rest on the belief that the trans issue is about sex. It’s not, it’s identity. Everyone has a number of things that define their identify. Particular values and affinities that define who they are. Now imagine being told that you were not allowed express what is one of the most important values that defines your identify. And what’s more be told that you need to in fact express the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But yet people seem to want to defend a violent sex offender based off they played a tick the box exercise and received a GRC despite the experts saying no the person is not genuinely transgender but they are highly manipulative person who likes to seek attention hence the ott make up in photos, along with Tulsa trying to scrub the person from the internet despite being a violent sex offender

• Advertisement

Kindly point out where people are defending that person?

More like defending other people from being labelled as the same as this person through association. And that is what many on this thread are attempting to do. Deliberately conflating the rights all trans individuals and any attempts to support those rights with wanting to “defend a sex offender”. Or in other words, acting like c*nts.

Advertisement