Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

Taya Valkyrie. Absolute **** signing, I'm sorry. Up there with Madison Rayne

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Four Pillars title match will be an interesting one. Wonder if they drag it out till Double or Nothing? Feels like they can do so many match combos with the four of them.

I love Orange but kind of wanted a JJ mid-card reign ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems Paige got fined for saying tw@ts.

So how will MJF make the other 3 jump through hoops? Have them each fight wrestlers of his choosing to qualify for a match against each other?

As for Taya. I've always thought she's a strange one. She's got size and with a name like Valkyrie you expect a powerhouse but then her character is not that and she loses so often.

What was with that ending, cutting off just as Hangman sees the other 3. can see what happened online, but just seems a bad time to cut it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I think Taya is actually a good signing as a challenger for Jade to at least keep her busy and maybe Jade can improve from working with someone more experienced

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When i noticed the Taya spoiler I was afraid she won the title off Jade. Overall not a bad episode of Dynamite, not sure of this QTV stuff but enjoyed the opening segment. Was also worried JJ was gonna take the title.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh man, I had been brainstorming who could be the 4th man, but that would actually be really, really good.

Would also open up Punk & FTR vs BCC as well, after one side betrays the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's at it on house shows now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wednesday night's episode of AEW Dynamite averaged 852,000 viewers on TBS, down 0.7 percent from last week. It's Dynamite's third-lowest audience total of 2023 so far.

In the 18-49 demo, Dynamite finished 11th on the cable charts with a 0.27 rating, down 6.9 percent from last week. It's tied for Dynamite's second lowest rating of 2023.

The four pillars won’t draw a dime imo. And surprising it drew such a small viewership seeing the main event was a PPV standard match. The elite really aren’t the draw they hoped they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone going to this?

Is this a full week of AEW shows until Forbidden Door?

Shockingly, Forbidden Door 2 seems to be a popular ticket 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

The Outcasts look like a total rehash of the Outsiders and the nWo in WCW. Complete with spray paint and all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Why would Don think that was a good tactic? Does he think Kenny is too stupid to rewatch the footage? Or is it AEW just milking a breakup that should have been told months ago.

Vikingo is insane. Like a video game character. The type of guy who’d be kids absolute favourite wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Thar Omega match was an insane highlight reel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah Jesus that match was unreal. Vikingo was phenomenal. Was pretty much a one match Dynamite for me, not much else on the show grabbed me except the FTR stipulation which seems kinda weird tbh since Bald has been moaning so much, it just seems stupid to have this stip.

Any word yet on Hangman being arrested for stealing an ambulance?

Welp, looks like Punk drama is kicking off again. There was a lot of discussion about him yesterday as they had his picture on a production truck obscured on Dynamite and Meltzer mentioned that Punk wanted to come back. Then after Dave Meltzer was asked about what was up with the build to Mox/Punk and said this

Punk has now responded on Instagram.

What the hell is gonna happen and how is this still a story.

I say this as someone who loved Punk for ages, but the toxicity that follows him just isn’t worth it.

sure, there might be short term money in a feud vs Bucks and others due in real drama behind the scenes. But the issue is it’s obviously going to have more heat bubbling behind the scenes, and will just cause more issues. Plus, he’s a time bomb, not just in terms of his injuries, but in terms of who he burns bridges with next.

Hes just not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

yeah I'd be of the same opinion cut him loose before he exposes any other stuff that went on backstage he'll end up being the ruination of that company

I honestly was thinking he would be back recently but at this point, the negatives outweight the positives.

I really like Punk as a performer but first off, let's be honest he shouldn't be near the title again. The people that would make an interesting feud for him are MJF/The Elite/Daniel Bryan and maybe a few more, are they even worth running though? He'll definitely bring some eyes and attention but considering how quick he is to burn bridges, is this really someone you want to have around considering the baggage and toxicity he could bring to the locker room.

There's two sides to every story and all that but where there's smoke there's fire and smoke seems to follow Punk wherever he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

The more drama Punk gets into the more it sinks in that he's been the problem the whole time. Like both sides have been wrong in pretty much every beef he's had but he's involved with so much drama idk if it's worth it to have him on the roster.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got tickets for Forbidden Door, up in top teir but facing the ramp so should be good. Might grab a ticket to the Dynamite after closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That main event was **** insane

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did I miss an announcement that Rampage wasn't on last night or have I time travelled? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah it's on tonight. 3.00 Irish time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

is cm punk the straight edged Conor McGregor

absolute box office but a walking bad press machine

• Advertisement

Are we supposed to know who the guy with Swerve is? Looking online it seems he's a rapper by the name of Tech N9ne.

Advertisement