Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Looks good, does it play while driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

The home screen is like a phone and you can install and run apps so potentially yes. I haven't tried that I got it mainly for wireless android auto, and to keep me entertained if charging and a bit of piece and quite to match a match 😉.

Really same functionality as an android box you'd get for a telly.

Still a discount if you have an Amazon account

Update, played around a bit apps work well when tethered wifi (for video and running Spotify directly etc.) but android auto not working so well.

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 UnderDawg2

So have had the car just over a month and done 3K km and predominantly motorway driving at about 120k limit...... I have the 77.4kw battery and when I charge the car to 100% the range is only coming up as 350Km or thereabouts.... Is this because of my driving "style"? If I start going slower will this improve the range, or does the potential range take into account previous driving style?

Also, 2 weeks ago, I got a bluelink alert telling me that the car was not locked. Went out to check and it was.... Continuously getting multiple alerts a day telling me to check that the car is locked then when driving early last week, you could hear the locking mechanism clicking on and off, also the light on the drivers armrest for the lock button was flashing on and off. Called back into the dealers on Monday, they had a look and have been told that they will have to replace the locking mechanism in the drivers door. Dealer said I am not the first person to be back with this problem. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks is the car a one or two year service schedule?

Also does anyone know if this is the correct site to download and install the infotainment system update from? I want to get this done and then book the car in to get the preconditioning update done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

It's every 12 months to maintain the perforation warranty, I think the latest infotainment update is dated from November or December last year.

Let us know how you get on with the preconditioning update, I went to my dealer twice to get it done and came back empty handed both times.

Perfect thanks for that.

I'll give a few dealers a shout tomorrow and see about booking it in in the next week or so then.

Today was the last day for a service according to the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hope you are a bit faster than we are waiting for a part..

Gear selector has being sticking since last Nov or so, car driving fine but often have to go from forward to reverse or vice versa. Ie sometimes wont go from neutral to reverse or forward. New part ordered Nov 10th 2022 iirc, still waiting..🙂

Quote of €99 after for the first service. Will ring a few more dealers later and see what they say.

Does anyone have the service bulletin number for the preconditioning update? Boland's said I was the first to ask for it so he wasn't 100% sure if they had it on the system yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Is anyone else waiting for March-May delivery? I still haven't heard anything and no sign of a VIN. Is it naïve of me to expect the car before the grant reduction?

No it's the first service after 12 months. I'd imagine it's just visual and maybe a cabin filter if I'm lucky 😃

There'll probably be 10K km on it by the time it goes in and we'll have it about 10 months at that stage (it was a dealer registered car we bought with 170km on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

First service after 12 months ? My Ioniq 5 owners manual specifies the 1st service at 24 months / 30000 km.

Denis above said 12 months and my googling came up with the same figure.

I'm confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah that 12 month Service was something hyundai dreamt up almost overnight apparently,it's a visual inspection from what i can gather obviously designed to squeeze an extra few quid out of everyone!.

So the 12 month one still needs to be done to maintain warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭John arse

Bit of a grey area there-have a look on other forums but as someone said earlier the manual says 24 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

There is a note in the service manual about an inspection every 12 months to maintain the anti-perforation warranty. Its not an issue for me as I do 30k annually but it might be an issue if you do less annual mileage.

I'm not sure how important this part of the warranty is,

That's the ICE service schedule they try and carry over to EV to make money. Do what ever the manual says as that the warranty. Unless you did PCP and there's something in the small print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

The OH's car was called in for its first check/ service, first by Hyundai Ireland and then by the garage (both by phone call). I mentioned that we were not paying as it should only be the yearly health check and we have a few items that need warranty attention, which she said to them. The garage confirmed to her that it would only be the yearly health check, followed by the warranty items, all at no cost. The garage stated the 12 month health check needed to be done by a certain date, so it must be tied into some schedule that is necessary. 20k km on the odometer after first 12 months.

Though I do know a work colleague paid €90 recently to the same garage for their 12 month check up.

I got pretty much the same, they did the recall software update and said the did the visual check from free 🤣. I declined the initial 15k km visual check.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dealer did the health check for free (after 12 months), offered to change the pollen filter for €90 as well. I didn't take them up on that one.

What dealer was that Crisco?

I need to ring a few more today as I didn't get a chance to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Mooneys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Similar experience here when I enquired about the 12 month 'service'. Dealer calls it a health check and it is free. They were very keen to mention that they will check wipers, cabin filter and advise on replacement, so I'm sure they will try and make a few quid out of it.

It's booked in at the end of the month.

I shall ask about the battery preconditioning update as that would have been a handy feature when driving across the UK this winter in -5c conditions and having to wait for the first 15 minutes when charging to get any sort of speed.

I'm booked in next month with a different dealer now who are not charging.

I also requested the preconditioning update when booking in and they said they'd look into it.

In the meantime I was onto Hyundai to confirm the 12 month service was required and ask about the update. In fairness to them they took the dealer name, made contact with them and advised them of the process. I was also told that there is an open recall on the car so they'll look after that as well.

Dealer service manager rang me back to say Hyundai had been in touch and everything would be ready to go on the day. Even offered me a work space in case I needed to remotely work on the day.

I was also ment to add a photo here on where I placed the felt tape on the boot catch to stop the rattle. Photo taken from above the latch.

Look like I'll be heading to them with a warranty issue, noticed condensation inside one of the headlight this morning. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Nope - Touch wood

• Advertisement

10K KM done in our Executive Plus now in just over 10 months.

The average consumption is quite high but my wife has a heavy foot and tended to heat the car before getting into it every morning and afternoon all winter long 😁

We did Wexford - IKEA - Wexford today and it averaged 19kWh and that was using HDA matched to the speed limit all the way bar a short stop start section of the M50 up and back. Temps were around 9C setting out and 13C leaving Dublin. Was 290km return and the GOM showed 80km remaining when parking up at home which I thought was ok considering the speed and blustery conditions.

Advertisement