Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Nice colour on the M3 but not sure red suits the MY's shape at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The old one is Multi Coat Red. New one is Cherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

It actually happened, once that I know of, at the beginning of the LFP generation. It is documented even here on boards but good luck in finding it.

I don't think so. Here it is the longest trip with this care so far. Kilkenny to Dublin Mountains 41.3%. Saved some of the projected consumption as the match just ended when we set off and we hit the traffic for a while, then M50 was also slower than expected. AC set for 21Celsius but at some point in the journey I reduced the fan speed to low. My older daughter said she felt more comfortable in the back due to more space and didn't think it was to much noisier than the model 3.

Average consumption on the high side compared again with model 3. So Dublin - Kilkenny - Dublin easily done in one go with no charging needed and plenty buffer

I noticed the two Ys we got have different type 2 cables. One has blue and one black. Both obscenely long and heavy. Quite thick compared to the Model 3 cable from 2021. At least the blue one looks to be 7m compared to the 4m I got with the 3LR. I wonder what others got.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Had to make a few tight turns today, turning circle in the Y is pretty poor 🙈

on other hand I’m even more impressed with boot space, even more than I was during the test drives. For us it works best taking all covers out and below boot space open too. Can get in kids bikes in standing up and stroller. No issue. ID4 couldn’t do that

Popped on the small spoiler I picked up a few months back with the hubs.

it’s a fine line with being too much but think it’s on the right side with black wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Looks very well same wheels I’ve ordered just waiting on delivery have the spoiler still in the box and the black logos will hopefully get them on this week, might tint the front windows and then probably the last thing is to maybe wrap the wood in a matte black or alcantara, still not a great fan of the wood finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Any link to those wheel covers, look very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Looks well @staples7 - do you have a link to that spoiler? It's a nice finish on the white.

€ 49,13 36% Off | Rear Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model 3 Y 2022 2017-2021 23 Trunk Spoiler Lip Carbon Fiber ABS Wing Spoiler Car Styling Accessories

very impressed with it, I was suspicious if the adhesive would keep corners down. Not even a hint of lift. Just be sure to select matte black

€ 125,26 38% Off | 4PCS Hub Cap Performance Replacement Wheel Cap 19Inch Automobile Hubcap Full Cover Accessories 2022 2023 for Tesla Model Y

order center caps separately, but the wheels are awesome

Agreed with wood, I have white interior so not an issue. Think I’m pretty much done now. Although not a fan of the reg plate surrounds. Would like something that Blends in more. Must do a bit of research…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

I removed my number plates from the frames on my Model 3. Think it looks neater, and no rattle when closing boot..

On the Tesla Model 3 Thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118927512/#Comment_118927512

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

I defo think you are still on the right side. Wheels and subtle spoiler look really well. What finish did you go for on the spoiler, matt black?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi

Two annoying gremlins if anyone can help

I live on a slope, should I engage parking lock when finished driving? I don't need to it seems....auto hold or whatever holds it

Secondly, tesla thinks I'm at house next door (Alice, Alice, etc), most of the time. That means charging stats thinks I'm charging at other, any way to correct this other that setting my home to next door

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Train up on Sat for 12.30pm pickup. Onto Luas and a cab to Baldonnell within 2 mins of getting off the Luas. I didn't know it was @staples7 in front of me till we started chatting again 20 mins later at Ionity. Good to meet you chief.

Super impressed so far, suspension firm but definitely not hard. Went to GarryKennedy for a spin yesterday and GPS routed me over half a mountain and no issue over the bumps although haven't hit any major potholes yet. Very impressed with the power it is definitely plenty, anymore and you'd just end up in trouble. IMO.

Didn't bother tracking consumption so I've no idea there. I do have two questions though.

I can't seem to get the auto lock and unlock working. Phone is added, easy entry is enabled and it just won't open lock or start for me with the phone. Tried deleting and re-adding but no joy. What am I missing ? I haven't updated to latest s/w yet but suspect that shouldn't matter at all. Can lock and unlock from the app.

Was parked up yesterday in a garage after a biblical down pour and my daughter noticed water coming in on the passenger side at the top of the window. Just a few drops but when I leaned over it was visibly wet between the window and the seal. Window was definitely fully up. Not sure it the window failed to pop up after she closed the door or not and didn't get a chance to run a hose on it yet. Anyone come across this elsewhere ?

report the water leak. Did you take photos.

just incase.

next wet day, wet the car with a hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

Probably just a phone setting problem. I am not great at these, but probably needs always on bluetooth , or something, for the Tesla App..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Regarding the app phone unlock - I had the this problem on my andoid phone. For me I went into Settings - Apps - Tesla app - Battery and changed the setting to "Unrestricted" and this solved it for me (Samsung S20 Note).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I notice that even when I power off the car , remove the card and walk away, I can still hear the battery humming for a while, perhaps I have not properly turned off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I did a Cork-Dublin-Cork trip in a 2023 Model Y RWD (19" wheels). It was dry and 10°C and I drove at motorway speed.

I do that trip regularly and have done it in a Leaf and ID.3 so I was interested to see what the Y would be like in terms of range and efficiency. I know its a different class/size/weight car but its still a useful comparison for people.

ID.3 figures/trip details are here for both winter/summer: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117730585#Comment_117730585

The summary of the ID.3 is that I stopped at Ionity Kill North with 27% left, 105km range left (vs 14% in winter with 45km left)

The exact same journey in the Model Y, I arrived with 113km range left and efficiency of 19.7kWh/100km so a full range of ~320km's in winter at motorway speed. The ID.3 winter run gave 21.7kWh/100km so even though the Y is 190kg heavier and taller it is still ~10% more efficient than an ID.3 in the winter.

I can imagine in the Y's real competitor, the ID.4, it would probably be 15% or more! Kudos to the Y!

Above is the full Trip A meter for the return journey, so it stayed at around 19kWh/100km.

What is the usable capacity of the Y battery? When I charged it from 11-100% on AC it took 61kWh. Scaling that to 100% and allowing for charging losses it suggests it has ~62kWh usable? That's a bit higher than I thought.

Post edited by KCross on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

On the noise front, I think the MY is now comparable to the M3. I was a bit concerned due to reports of more noise due to the hatchback open design from earlier MY but found it just as quiet. Another plus with the Y is that the rear passenger windows are also double paned like the front. This should reduce road noise too. The M3 was single paned for the rear passengers as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

excellent efficiency. losses are about 10% when charging from ac source, so 60kwh sent into car only equates to about 55kwh into battery itself .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Can’t decide between the two type of wheel caps A:

Or B:

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I accounted for that in my 62kWh usable figure, which has me puzzled.... 11-100%=89%--> 61kWh for that 89% means 55kWh to the battery but you then have the extra 11% that I started with, which takes it up to ~62kWh usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

The car takes care of the battery so it may make some noise. There is no power off with this car so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

No joy with the battery change. I notice another setting within the app called "change system settings" and allow permissions is set to No. Just wondering what yours is set to @talla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm wondering if there's a big buffer or something. I finished my first 'full tank' in my MY at the weekend (from a full to bursting 100% charge). With 10% indicated battery left the car reported that I had used 45kWh since the last charge. I know it's not going to be exact etc but by my reckoning there should have been nearly 22% left after that consumption (57.5 - 45 = 12.5. 12.5/57.5 = 21.7%). If it was a couple of percent out I wouldn't take much notice but displaying 10% when there could be 20+% left is a bit odd. Charged again to 100% yesterday and will keep an eye in case it needs to even out or something.

Besides that, average consumption so far (excluding my day of collection trip from Dublin to Cork in poor weather) is 14.5kWh/100km for a mix of motorway, rural roads and city driving - not bad at all!

Advertisement