Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School response to student breach of discipline: indefinite suspension?

• 16-03-2023 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

During my time as a student at secondary school, I recall that, early in 2002, the principal and the deputy principal mentioned 'indefinite suspension' when they reminded all students about disciplinary policy.

Surely, if school authorities want to end the presence of a disruptive student at the school, they would do that by expulsion or at least 'invite' that student to leave, and suspension is supposed to be for a definite period, isn't it?

Can any teacher who was working at a secondary school in the year that I mentioned recall the phrase 'indefinite suspension' being used by colleagues and shed any light on it?

Comments

Advertisement