Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Is there a way to bypass the nudge/apply steering force notification when in autopilot?

I heard clicking the bottoms would work but it seems it doesn't anymore.

Not that I want to drive without hands on the wheel but at certain points it gets a bit annoying

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There are ‘cheat’ devices available, but they are wrong on so many levels….. and Tesla introduced software a while back to detect these cheat devices, so they shouldn’t work anymore…

I’m in the Lithuanian Tesla owners group as well as the Irish one, and they were mad for the cheat devices in Lithuania!!!! (Probably because a lot of the roads there are mostly straight as an arrow for km after km), but it was fairly shocking to see how common the chest devices were and how boastful the owners there were about using them…

the trick is to just find a position where you can rest your hand on the wheel while still applying the slightest bit of pressure so it knows your hand is on the wheel and you can remain comfortable, for me its my right hand on the 5 o clock position, and it works fine….

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Cheers. Definitely don't want any cheat devices. Just a "good way" to avoid moving my hand every minute. Will play around with the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Charge stats on the app are in sterling £ is it possible to get this in euro € ?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Check the settings on your phone. This is at the bottom of my screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You can drive hands free and just put pressure on it when promoted. Not that it’s legal though so don’t get caught 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Is this a decent price? Mileage high enough for its age. Has enhanced autopilot but not sure if that is really worth it

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I use one of the cheat devices mentioned by @AndyBoBandy and I find it great. When in autopilot, I stay alert and my hands are on knees right below the wheel for when I want, or need to take over. They are a bad idea in general, because I think most people would over rely on them. It works for me in my use case and stops me from having to touch the wheel every 15 seconds in AP. A lot of the time I have my hand resting on the wheel anyway, but sometimes I just like to have them below the wheel, letting the car keep me in lane, while I keep an eye on the road. The danger would be people deciding they can text on their phone, read the news, or put their eye-shadow on.

Tesla have software that helps detect them and disengaged AP for the duration of the journey if detected. However, I noticed Tesla detected a cheat device in my car twice on the M50 when the device was not even on the wheel, as I had taken it off when cleaning the car and forgot to clip it back on. My hand was on the wheel on both occasions....so there's that.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

You're getting a years warranty too, good price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭wassie

Just a few negatives vs my old car the side mirrors are small and don't offer great visibility also the back window has awful visibility too. Everything else is better

But the rear and side cameras more than make up for this. I use the camera display a lot - saves a lot of neck turning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Personally I think you can do better. The recent cars (from about late 2021) have a range of additional features and are more efficient, heat pump etc. and all Tesla’s will benefit from remainder of car warranty, so the one year is not really any added value. Enhanced Autopilot is something that only user can decide if added value. You could have picked up a 222 second hand with less than 1000 km for 42k on Donedeal .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The car linked has the remainder of the 4 year warranty PLUS another full year so there is alot of benefit to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Grand threw down a deposit while I decide do I want it.

6.96kwp South facing

I have the same car with similar mileage (75k km), and although the newer versions have a multitude of upgrades on this version, this is still a brilliant car, and is still very efficient. My lifetime stats are 14.6kWh/100km. We’ve had it all over Ireland and as far as Lithuania last summer…

I have a new RWD on order since last year, but I honestly can’t justify changing up yet as we still love the car as it is… (the gas thing is Tesla offered me €44k trade in for it only last October!!).

the 1 year warranty is useful in case the upper control arms haven’t been replaced yet but chances are they have…

Enhanced AutoPilot is not worth buying on its own, but given its being thrown in with this car, why not then…. (I suspect they just throw it in to help shift the cars quicker)…

There you go, last 50km efficiency is 12kWh/100km, and that last 50km includes a short spin down the M1 to the M50 over to Blanch and back… (about 33km of that last 50 was motorway).

224km range at 56% works out at 400km for 100%….. not bad for a 409km WLTP car with 75,500km on it…

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

Lads any recommended accessories?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

For my 3 I had

Cup holder insert rubber held cups bottles more securely - amazon

organiser trays for centre console bought the Tesla ones but the same available on Amazon

screen protector in matte, personal choice but with small kids worth it as they try to change Spotify with a hot wheel in their hand- Amazon

full back seat protector again small kids when I sold the car back seats were like new - Amazon

leather effect kick protectors for the 2 front seats - Amazon

all weather mats and boot protector mat, just much easier to keep the car clean - Amazon

metal sport pedals - Amazon

didnt do anything cosmetic to the outside of the 3 as I ordered a Y 4 weeks after collecting it, all of the accessories apart from the mats and screen protector are now in the Y. Price difference between Amazon and Ali express was minimal and I don’t have the patience to wait weeks or months for delivery from China.

+1 for the organiser tray - best accessory by far for me.

Also deep all weather mats - life saver against the irish muck.

Day trip down to Waterford today, 17.3kWh/100km for the 434km driven.. (2020 SR+), motorway all the way and wasn’t sparing the watts..(125-130). Delighted with that efficiency.. 75kWh is about 150% of the battery so that would give me a range of about 289km (with 90% being motorway).

Left home at 97% & took on 17.5kWh in Paulstown on the way down in 21 minutes (arrived there on 46%), then stopped in again on the way home for 28.5kWh in 23 minutes (arriving at 20%), and made it home with 20% left.. Spent €34.60 across the 2 sessions in Applegreen (using the app).

The trip calculator is still spot on too, leaving Paulstown on the way down it predicted I’d arrive back there at 20% and 144km later I arrived back there at bang on 20% and managed to pull 88kW into a non pre-conditioned battery, and held it til about 40% or so..

Paulstown is a fantastic little spot for a charge. (I’ll never stop in Kilcullen again).

So for anyone on the fence about going for a 2019/2020 SR+ (pre almost every upgrade), they are still a fantastic car (and very efficient) and they seem to be priced very competitively now…

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

434km driven..

motorway all the way and wasn’t sparing the watts..(125-130)

Spent €34.60 across the 2 sessions in Applegreen (using the app).

Not much better than a combustion engine but I see you were driving at 125-130km/h. As you would easily drive 434km's for €35 fuel. But maybe not at those speeds depending on the car.

Yeah the price to charge in Applegreen is quite high (€0.75/kWh), so it’s not something you’d like to be doing on a daily basis, but in fairness there wouldn’t be many use cases for that sort of mileage on a daily basis….

This is only the 3rd trip this year where I’ve needed to charge on the road away from home. So for everything else it’s cheap night rate and Solar….. so I’ve absolutely no issue paying price parity to ICE on the few occasions I need to travel beyond home range…

Commercial operators aren’t going to give up the ICE cash cow that easily, so the trick is to rely on them as little as possible. They no longer have a captive market when it comes to electricity like they do with petrol/diesel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agree, I was away the weekend before last and was my first time to pay for public charging in over a year (combination or range capability and free charging). I paid more for that public charging than my previous 6years public charging but no problem doing so.

With the improvement in sun levels I'm running on pure PV charging now for the last 7 days, long may it continue

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Ex-demo inventory now with 5000km free supercharging and the price reduction might sway some who don't want to wait. Still paying a premium over new but getting close to parity especially the blue with 19".

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Has anyone any recommendations for a place to replace the tyres? I have the jack pucks anyway but don't have the rest of the equipment nor the experience to replace them myself so I was going to go to a garage to get it done. Apologies if this has been recently answered, the search function is still crap on the site.

You can source the tyres yourself and just have any local tyre place swap them for you….

I’ve bought my last 6 tyres online and had them fitted locally at my convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Update on account to accept Tesla Vision and date now moved to April 19th - May 4th.

Seems things are on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I got the same and the existing inventory on the tesla website has just been flooded with cars - I'm assuming they're all for the same delivery dates and there's no point in me putting down a deposit on one of these for an earlier collection.

Is there any way to talk to someone to confirm that's true?

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Throwing this out there - I picked up a white M3 RWD with alloys last week. Grabbed form inventory as my LR order had been pushed back to Sept.

As of this evening, have just been assigned a VIN for the LR.

M3 RWD has 230kms on the clock - there has been no RWD M3 appear into inventory (yet!). If anyone is interested/waiting on a M3 RWD for quick delivery, drop me a PM!

• Advertisement

And check that the tyre fitters have torqued the wheel lug nuts to 175 Nm (129 lb. ft).

This is much higher than most cars. Its also specified in the digital manual if you want to confirm it.

Advertisement