Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How could that happen, surely Ben would have more rights than a grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DT2016

Imagine Aprils fools day they gave Winton, Tracy and other background characters an episode and made the main cast background characters. Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yeah, would nevet hapoen in EE! 😊

Not gping to happen now anyway. Well done, Honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Lovely little scene with Lexi and Lola with Lexi put out by Emma's presence on Mother's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

not a lovely scene , spoilt little kid because lola was not watching her dance and chatting to her mum instead, lexie should not have kept interrupting height of rudeness and the kid is 11 (shocked i thought lexi was something like 7 ) so should know best at that age and realise that her mum wanted to catch up with her mum and that lexi has had 11 years with lola and only 5 minutes with her mum who has just come on the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

Lexi has always been on the spoilt side & a little bit of an attention seeker. However if there’s a time when that’s appropriate, it’s got to be when your mum is dying. Not clear if that’s been spelt out fully to her yet but she must be concerned. Emma is an adult who made a difficult choice back in the day & shouldn’t be forcing one on Lola & Lexi now.

lexi should be happy/made up for her mother that she has at last met up with her mum and that they are getting on so well and also that she now has a granny... also poor lola is coming to the last moments of her life and could do with a bit of peace and quiet in her final run up to the end of her life and does not need all this crap jay seems to be dishing out lately and now lexie on top getting what seems as jealous and not centre of attention

Think you are expecting more from Lexi , ( who is a child after all ) than you do from the spoilt nan ( meant to be adult )

And what crap has Jay been dishing out ? He's been quietly looking after Lola all along and it was Emma who was upsetting Lola by trying to make out Jay was looking elsewhere.

Think you have been watching Srednetsea. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cannot figure Emma out, a compulsive liar?

I do not see any chemistry or sparks with Zack and Whitney, tbh I could do with less Whitney

I did lol at Freddie, he has a good heart if a bit dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Denise Fox is just that - she is a FOX!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Finally starting to age a bit,but still as fit as fcuk

Freddie story is funny it’s rare to see EE do a bit of comedy lol

Definitely a bit if light relief . Freddy so much better than Alfie .

And now Stacey is doing it too. You got to think , this is EE ...so what dangers lurk for them both down the line ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought the body we saw in the preview of that is going to happen in the Christmas episode would be Nish but Ravi seems to be making a lot of enemies as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The wedding dress that Katy bought looked very like the one Sharon is wearing in the flash forward

Emma is not who she says she is. She's not really Lola's mum.

Patsy Kensit's Botox is genuinely distracting, he mouth moves but the rest of her face doesn't! Speaking of which, Sharon has disappeared before our eyes and her face fillers now weigh more than her body.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

@[Deleted User] Did Billy not recognise her no?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What has Jay done wrong ? I do admit he is a bit intense but its out of love and concern ,. It is extremely difficult to be the one looking after a very sick partner and to find the balance without taking away their independence . He is trying to find that balance and be guided by Lola but struggling with some of her decisions . Also while I agree that Lexi is spoilt and can act like a brat I am glad that the director seems to have toned her down a lot during this storyline .Before Lola got sick Lexi was almost impossible to watch .

when i see Jay (and the faces he pulls & tuts he makes) I just feel there is a lot of jealousy and point scoring going on between Jay and Lola's mum - instead of focusing on Lola. there was even a stage where jay did not want lola to get to know her mum and encouraged Lola to step back and not get too involved with her... but Lola did want to get to know her better ... to me that is Lola's decision and her decision alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

• Advertisement

I often find that when people slim down from being large they tend to look unwell - must be a big shock to the system . Especially if they drastically slim down from large ... and it really shows in their face neck area more than any place else I think.

It takes a while for the skin to "shrink" a little and the older you are, the more bags of skin hang around due to lack of elasticity. Not being mean here just personal experience, lol

She looks so much fitter and healthier, I think, if a little older.

Denise looks amazing but she was always slim so it does mean she will age better. I suppose as an actress it is important, but it is better healthwise to carry less weight even if it means more wrinkly skin!

I disagree with you on Jay.

He was being protective thats all, because Billy had told him that the mother had wanted nothing to do with Lola when she was getting married, do you remember, when they reached out to her on the day of the wedding ?

And Emma has been very much all over the place which is not good for Lola or any of the family when she has so little time. She does not need to be worrying about a mother who was never there for her at this time. Also Emma was very underhand giving Lexi her number in secret when Lola espressly asked her not to, and Jay is alarmed at her undermining him and Lola with Lexi.

She is a being selfish and while it is good for her to be available for Lola, its not all about her at this stage.

I think possibly it would be a good idea to actually put on weight as you get older (maybe not healthy if obese) but not much healthy if you are also a bag of bones / thin and (God forbid) get cancer or any other illness where you need to try and 'fight it off' or something which is going to make you off your food and being sick... if you are already carrying a bit of weight you maybe could suffer a bit of weight loss ... but if you are already quite thin and then get ill I dont think thats a good thing either personally (of course I am not a doctor or medical person so I could be talking bull), but thats my take on it anyway

Were we talking too thin?

I am just talking how weight loss affects older skin.

Too thin.. not good either for the reasons you give, no reserves and then poor nutrition and dieting leads to osteoporosis and all sorts of malnutition problems in older people. Always better to be in the middle somewhere.

Getting back to EE.. 😁

Think Sharon has just had a healthy weight loss post Ailbie but it will take a while to settle in her face.

She is a beautiful, older woman and while the actress is wearing too much makeup, hair extensions etc to play the part, I think she carries it off well.

I thought Billy or Lola had no pictures of the mother, Billy put an ad on line as someone responded about a cat

Sharon does look amazing but I was in the same boat going from a XXL to a S but people said I looked ill and needed a tonic lol so I went up to a medium and people say I look great now. There is no happy medium just try to balance everything “a little bit of what you fancy does you good” etc 100% the truth.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed what seems to be an 'in joke' in the last couple of episodes Alfie keeps saying 'take her up the aisle' LOL 😁 - oooer matron, its like something out of a carry on film

I reckon there could be some kind of drinking game there - every time Alfie mentions 'take her up the aisle' then have a swig of vodka or something

I think Sharon is top heavy for her now small frame

I hate that Sharon looks orange with the make up, less would be fine, Kat too is the same

I am guessing the actresses who Sharon and Kat got maybe fillers, botox

We’re getting big new today. New family maybe to buy the vic?

• Advertisement

It’s a new family ugh I’m not liking the reveal at all

Advertisement