Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭briany

This thread has mainly become about sharing information on the war in Ukraine. While we're at that, if we can put a few trolls back in their boxes, what harm? Although I'm sure there's no-one here thinks they're helping win the war one post at a time, the trolls' little talking points do trickle down into wider public consciousness and can than affect political outcomes if allowed to run unchallenged. Troll farms wouldn't be a thing if there wasn't value in influencing online opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Orc embassy in Dublin is critically important to Mordor, so the tone of local discussion is probably of considerable interest to them. Wouldn't want the populace to start creating real pressure to close it down and turf the scum out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Supposedly committed suicide. A lot of that going around lately in Mordor.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

wonder was it a parachute accident or an open window?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

I don’t imagine us to be galantly holding some line in the cyber-battle for hearts and minds in this War, but this is a Russian propaganda tactic and directly or indirectly these troll posts are the work of Russia’s government.

But rather than glitzy cloak & dagger types skulking around KGB offices in Moscow our opponents here are likely a lad named “Dimetry”. He sits in a crowded & dank little office in Wagner’s St.Petersperg HQ. Hunched over his crappy little Chinese-built netbook, he’s 5 rows away from the room’s only window and he daydreams of nicer places where can use his English. But sure enough, he has to go back to work. His job is to cover sites in Ireland, Wales and bits of Scotland.

And so he chugs away, posting on Facebook groups and forums. Eventually it’s time to try Boards again…even though he’ll get banned again in 5 mins. It’s a crap life…but at least he’s alive…at least he hasn’t been re-assigned to the south….yet….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Post edited by saabsaab on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Omg he looks so young - like a teenager. (Or am I just an aul wan??)

Difficult to link this radiant boyish face with that piece of brutal trench warfare footage displaying such cool, adeptness, bravery.

Its not only to keep morale up,its also to keep the russians occupied in Bakhmut while Ukraine prepare for the offensive.

If Bakhmut falls,those extra Russian soldiers used in the offensive there can be used to reinforce the frontline elsewhere.

So its more of a strategy game going on here too,and time is ticking for both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

If you're referring to the Uighurs, seems pretty awful. Historically, the Brits Tasmania etc. seemed to be global leaders in the crime of ethnic cleansing but in the 21st century the Chinese are competing with Sudan et al

The ICC arrest warrant was interesting as USA, UAE and Saudi Arabia who are currently committing war crimes in Yemen do not engage in kidnapping or re-education like Russia/ China so it was a good selection by the USA. As pointed out by Michael Tracy https://spotify.link/3qwaaVXduyb the US government backed Yale investigation that formed the basis of the ICC arrest warrant is generally seen as independent from the USA which worked.

Slaughtering children in Yemen and Afghanistan is okay. Re-education and child relocation in Russia requires ICC arrest warrant. It's a strange dichotomy. One might think they would both be illegal. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

Sorry, just reading some of the comments here my. Sharing snuff video, orcs, Mordor .... Doesn't seem to be moderated at all. Nice Russian fella in the area where I live with a young child. Not sure what any person of Russian origin would think reading these messages.

It seems to have become a vile cesspit here where any pro Ukraine abomination is permissible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah well.

Im sure he’s alright safe and sound in Ireland away from his leader and his gang of merrymen raping and killing their neighbours.

He will be ok me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

Ukrainian's have said it numerous times, if they don't do it in Bakhmut, it will be another meat grinder in a city further west (which they don't want).

Only reason Wagner were there, was for the Salt Mines, it turned into an ego thing having their ass handed to them so many times... Ukrainian's copped this early on so held as long as they could on to what they could....

Strategically, west Bakhmut is in favour of the Ukrainian's due to the high ground, many other cities westward are on flatter terrain with rivers splitting towns and cities, making re-capture more difficult compared to attacking from height in Bakhmut....

Wagner almost had them with mass attacks though, very hard to defend continuous bodies coming towards you, without sufficient ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It’s an unmoderated echo chamber, very Putinesque!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭macraignil

"Slaughtering children in Yemen and Afghanistan is okay. Re-education and child relocation in Russia requires ICC arrest warrant. It's a strange dichotomy. One might think they would both be illegal."

What are you on about? Who said slaughtering children anywhere was OK? putin as dictator of the russian federation has ordered the documented abduction of Ukrainian children and at the same time caused the death and injury to numerous Ukrainian children during his forces invasion of Ukraine. He deserves the International Criminal Court warrent for a number of other crimes besides child abduction but it is just the easiest one to prove. The strange dichotomy I see is the difference between your view of putin's crimes and the views of anyone with any morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

Thats why Wagners ran out of convicts and had to be reinforced by VDV,russian elite paratroopers,or whatever was left of them after the Kiyv disaster.

And yes the consequence of losing Bakhmut are many,also like you said,they will only move to another city and do it all over again.

Thats what russia wants a war of attrition,because they have more resources to take from than Ukraine,and also why its impotant to keep them occupied in Bahmut,and drain them for resources,so Ukraine can prepare for their offensive.

And the urban fighting in Bakhmut favors the defenders,Ukraine.

Maybe you should ask him how the russian forums sees reality from their instagram channels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Maybe suggest to your Russian friend that he should return home and re educate his fellow countrymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Virgil°

There's plenty of good moderation going on. Fortunately most of it is targetting re-reg accounts from pro-Russian shills. Or more likely in my view just bored internet cretins. That's because (unlike the norm) there really is a very obvious good / bad side in this conflict.

What does your nice supposed Russian neighbour think of the video of the Russian animals murdering the poor unarmed Ukrainian POW on camera for a laugh?

Tbh as much as I find it satisfying to watch videos of the bully nation forces get flattened. None of this would be happening at all if the Russians just went home. I personally(and I'm sure others) would MUCH rather have had Russia not invade. Much rather not have my energy bills skyrocket. Much rather not have millions of Ukranians displaced from their lives . livelyhoods and homes. Much rather not have 10's of thousands Of Ukranians and 100s of thousands of Russians dead.

But it did happen and continues to happen. So tbh I couldn't give a flying **** about the sensibilities of the average Russian. And I make no apology for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭JohnnyFortune

"We are deeply concerned about the summary execution of up to 25 Russian POWs and persons hors de combat by Ukrainian armed forces which we have documented. This was often perpetrated immediately upon capture on the battlefield," the OHCHR stated.

Are the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights trolls too??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Thanks for the update from the Kremlin comrade,

Next up, GreenPilot with the latest on interesting plane movements !!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Nice little group photo while Russia bring WWII era tanks out of storage.

I think there are lots of people that qualify for ICC arrest. Putin tops that list right now... by some distance.

Good start with the Uyghurs... Now, lets add the Tibetans, LGBT community and the poor poor bastards that have to endure their criminal criminal justice system that hands out death sentences like they are confetti. China has historically contributed much to humanity, but for the last 100 years their leadership are a stain on humanity. But, this thread is about Russia/Muscovy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm afraid it's something of an occupational hazard of getting older. The US Air Force has its Basic Training facility in my town. Tuesday is pick-up day at the Airport, go to baggage claim and you'll see a couple hundred new recruits standing in lines waiting to get sent to the busses. They look like total kids who shouldn't be out of school. Even though they are almost all legally adults. However, I look at photos from when I was new to the Army, and I look as young now...

There is an argument that younger folks are more effective soldiers for two reasons. Firstly, they're young enough to think they're still invincible, and secondly, they are less likely to have attachments to wives or kids in the back of their minds as they evaluate risk.

He's a smart Russian. He got out. He could be just as disgusted with the person leading his country. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭jmreire

Like many people in that part of the world, Guns would form and play a part in normal family life. Hunting, shooting, Fishing etc. being normal pursuits. I remember here in Ireland growing up, my cousins all had shotguns and knew how to use them by they time they were 17/18 years old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement