Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME Alternative

• 27-03-2023 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

So go notification today that my PME application was unsuccessful. Missing out by 2 points. Rang PAC and he said even with people who got offers not accepting their place, he doesn't expect it to drop by 2 points due to the amount of people who are 1 point off.

I'm 35 and this felt like last chance saloon after pouring my heart, soul and money into this. So just heartbreaking news today.

I have a placement in a secondary school secured for the start of the 23/24 year too.

Can anyone offer any advice as to other options? What's Hibernia? Are they as recognised as the main colleges? Would I still do the placement in school by going through Hibernia.

Still trying to process things and mind is a mess so apologies if this post seems a bit disjointed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Kirby Puckett

Sorry to hear this!

I was forced to sit on the sidelines for a year because of some absolute horse manure claims being made by the PME coordinator. It was soul-destroying having everything turned upside down like that.

First of all, I would triple check absolutely everything with the PAC. When I was re-applying, they changed my GPA without telling me. I would have lost points in my application only for I hounded them. Even after accepting their mistake, they were slow to rectify it. Even if there were no errors in your application, let us know your subjects. If one is MFL, I can share some specific advice from my experience. If not, I'm sure someone else here has been through something similar with your subject.

Hibernia is fine, although the fees are decent chunk higher than the other universities. It's definitely worth applying there, it seems the deadline for 2023 is in June.

Keep the faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thanks for the reassuring words. Means a lot. Good to know Hibernia is a recognised option and might just have to take the hit on fees.

Subjects are History and Geography.

When I rang PAC today I was talking to the person who actually looked after my application. He was very nice about it tbf. I asked him if he could pull up the transcripts while I was on the phone and he did and I wrote down everything as he was going through it so grades and points are what they are supposed to be

Advertisement