Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Test Waiting times Ballina

Options
  • 27-03-2023 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any idea what the wait time is like in Ballina, Mayo right now? I'm trying to understand if i book it now how long id have for lessons etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can't comment on Ballina... But I did the test last year. I applied for a booking, when I got approved for a booking I was then given a choice of test centres and times (as far as I recall). My instructor recommended one lesson and a pretest, both of which I booked once I got the date...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭muddle84

How long were you waiting from when you applied for the booking and when you got given the choice to pick times and venue? I just did my trailer test and I'm expecting something similar to that. I booked the test in the first week in January and it was the first week in March when I got the email to pick date and time.

Mine was probably less than that. I don't recall waiting particularly long for the whole thing to happen...

So that turned out to be pretty quick! I went on the waiting list on the 27th March and got the email to pick my date and time today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Best of luck with it. Did my own in March.

• Advertisement

If you're planning to do a pretest, best to get in contact with your instructor and pick a time that suits them too... I did mine with Eric Dalton and it worked out perfectly.

Passed it! Absolutely over the moon!

Advertisement