Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭JohnnyFortune

I'd say it's more to do with the judges letting scrotes with 1500 convictions off with suspended sentences that is more disheartening that a few harsh words. Although the way things are going now with the "words are violence" crowd, it can't be long before we've a Garda off with hurt feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭high_tower

I’m sure the guards in Killarney and Courtown love dealing with “refugees” stabbing each other in the middle of the street. And they’ve only been here 5 minutes - charmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'm sure they are compared to some of the scum they have to deal with usually, a walk in the park compared to some of the stuff they deal with.

What are you on about? What do the Guards "usually deal with" that makes gangs of people going at each other with knives, machetes etc a "walk in the park" in comparison?

there was one person stabbed in courtown after a scuffle no? day to day stuff for garda isn't it?

anyway i'm just responding to someone saying it's the foreigners' fault garda are leaving the force. it isn't.

• Advertisement

Two gay men getting beheaded last year was also mentioned.

Such events, and knife fights on public streets aren't "day-to-day" stuff in Ireland.

Regardless, the culprits should be identified and deported immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,808 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Plenty of indigenous Irish people use machetes and slash hooks to resolve disputes which the Gardai have to deal with.

And the guy in Limerick, i believe, on camera getting stabbed a few weeks ago in the middle of the street in broad daylight? Young lad in Cork getting stabbed multiple times with a broken bottle as the scum recorded it and told their mate to "glass him up"?

Strange we don't have so many videos of Irish people stabbing each other since it's so common.

asylum seekers were telling their mates to "glass him up"? where were they from?

can you not just admit we are letting in a lot of dodgy people?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the cops in Algeria , Georgia etc give a load of the undesirables a choice of getting out of the country or a bullet.

• Advertisement

yeah sure maybe we do. i just don't believe foreigners are the reason garda are leaving the force, like someone on the last page had said.

Strangely videos don't show nationality. In that case I believe it was the 2nd generation of imports.

I've found multiple reports of the court case, none of which name the defendant who was 19 when he was sentenced. Strange that........

so why are you talking about kids that were born and bred here getting into fights?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but exacerbating the housing crisis and importing homeless people will probably help with this "Right To Housing" referendum the government want to propose.

Sounds nice on the surface, but there's very few houses actually available and construction is nowhere near able to keep up with demand. Seems the main point of this bill is to delimit the right to private property (transferred to the state or "common good").

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Fairly broad statement there.

Problem people in every nationality

The guy recording had an African accent. The guy doing the stabbing was second generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tinsofpeas

The notions floating around in favour of immigration are hard to credit. A persistent ignorance.

Transcribe it to a hospital setting.

You roll into accident an emergency with a gunshot in the left leg. Doctor shoots you in the right leg too "you already have a problem what's the big deal?". That's the idiocy of the "but Irish people break the law too".

There's is a constant lack of critical thought around capacity. "There's plenty of space because Ireland centuries ago had a bigger population". Yes in abject poverty, because it didn't have capacity. If your rule of thumb on societal infrastructure is based off a wildly inapplicable notion hundreds of years ago, then you need to go back to primary school.

"If we built more homes, we could house the overpopulated country". Well Jesus, there's critical thought for you. "I don't have enough money, but If I had more money I'd have more money, therefore I can continue spending money I don't have". Brilliant reasoning, brilliant. Nobel prizes in the post.

"But the Irish won't do these jobs". Yes, because the pay does not match its environment and affords only a decreased quality of life. Can only add more migrants to do those jobs because they're willing to put up with worse quality of life, which in turn decreases quality of life of the environment, which means only those ready to accept lower quality will do the Jobs, which means....you get the point. It's an ever circling drain on everyone. An "economy" for hollow heads.

"But the hospital staff", yes the poorer replacements willing to work for less with worse conditions while the Irish students are leaving because of the broken economy that cycle brings. Immigration clearly and evidently does not improve the healthcare system. Look at it. You get what you pay for, and we are paying for it.

Not restricted to manual labour, there is also the absurd notion of bigger companies setting up here to avoid tax, while bringing sometimes the majority of their workforce from abroad. Pointless. If all the supposed money these tax dodgers bring to the country was of benefit, we wouldn't have the place in such a state. But what it does do, evidently, is introduce more and more extra people to add yet more infrastructural pressure into a breaking society. The proof is in the pudding.

"We need this imported population to pay for pensions". And yet, the more that arrive, the worse the pension situation becomes. Funny, that.

Lots more fallacies aside.

It is clear as day that we have a buddy system of governments that have only one intent: artificially inflate the population to sustain a practically useless economy.

Everything else is being burned to keep this economic fallacy alive. Culture and identity, housing, education, healthcare, social mobility, family creation, sustainability, the environment. The future, basically.

We have been sold a pigs ear. Not a single effing element of it adds up to anything positive. We need an economy that suits the Irish people, and not other people to sustain an economy of no use to anyone.

Just 9% of the population of this country has been imported withing just 5 years. Does it feel like it makes anything better?

An actionable vote on mass immigration must be demanded because it is an existential threat now.

Agreed. But they’re not helping. And if the rest of Europe is anything to go by they’ll be catching up unless properly integrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Agree we should not import cultures that support public torturer and punishments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its the National Party supporting doctors to be execeuted not foreigners

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Nosler

I said a lot the of The National Parties policies were pathetic....

However I'd still vote for them because they are one of the few voices speaking out against mass immigration.

Imho mass immigration, from incompatible cultures, is the biggest threat facing Ireland.... we all can all look at Sweden/ France/ UK to see that mass immigration doesnt result in some utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Lots of immigrant health care workers here and nobody is saying to exclude them as far as I have seen?

The gangs of men arriving from everywhere claiming asylum aren't doctors. But you know that. 8 million people before the famine next?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,326 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Think he's referring to

Vote for the party whose leader wants to imprison women who have abortions and execute doctors who carry out abortions 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I actually read execute as exclude! My bad for reading while doing something else

• Registered Users Posts: 34,808 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On that point of the '8 million people before the famine' statistic, it's worth noting that that figure was the whole island of Ireland.

People then take that and erroneously compare it to the current population of just the republic of Ireland. As if to state how much of a massive difference there is between the two.

In reality, if you compare like for like, the population of the whole island of Ireland now stands at just over 7 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Yeah I think we all no the answer to that one, I’m guessing the latter

100%

I can see it all now come election time, FFG saying we made a mistake or blaming international agreements. But if you vote us in again we swear we will fix it properly this time. We just need another 5 year’s.

I think the country is in such a mess that nobody will want to run for government because it’s going to be impossible to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tinsofpeas

It's in a proper state, and it's hardly insider knowledge that it's projected to get worse.

BUT THE ECONOMY!

Yes, the economic furnace that's burning society to sustain itself, of no practical benefit, and 100% reliant on importing extra people, is doing fine. It'll go pop on a Tuesday while we're out at lunch, such is its resilience.

One of the more pertinent questions of this country's unasked for, foisted imported population, is housing.

Keeping it simple, there were about 90k NET migrants into the country last year, with a wobbly projection of about the same this year. Let's stop there.

180k net migrants, into a country that can maybe build 60k homes, with an existing housing crisis, in two years.

Is anyone able to wake up out of their stupor and ask where this is headed?

Are people content to watch the government's build appx 1/3 of the housing necessary for migrants, while the people of Ireland themselves wait? And wait until ...when, exactly?

Are we waiting for the likes of favela's and homeless "towns"? And if you are happy to wait for that, what are you going to do then?

What's the plan?

Who is this economy for? How does it help?

Hello?

• Advertisement

Nobody is factoring in also that these people will soon start having children at some stage & telling their friends & family at home what the craic is here & how to work the system.

Advertisement