Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'd guess so, but I'm not aware of anyone on here who has NC7 who could confirm. @HotSwap was thinking of applying, I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think @mp3guy was also applying for an NC7 connection

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Yeah I did NC7 for the office in Dublin. Just put down what you need on the Form and the ESB engineer will call out to assess the situation; if they can’t give you what you asked for without upgrading they will tell you what is possible.

is the NC7 scheme fully up and operational now? I used it during the pilot scheme where they were only accepting limited numbers of applications.

also; do you know if applying using NC7 will allow you to get 21c FIT or will you end up with 13c CEP?

we have a 3 phase non smart meter in the office; so it’s different for us; wondering how NC7 works for residential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Maybe they do if they paid you before you left them.

I went from Electric Ireland after my contract was up to bord gais.

Neither has paid me. I'll probably be gone from bord gais before they pay too, because i am not staying at their prices for existing customers after the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

Interesting map. Where I live is fully built up in D12 (all estates built 80 years ago and a lot of housing density), and a load of the substations show as black => no capacity. 2 closest to me are black. We've more blacks than where my folks live in D16 with is maybe 50 year old houses. They have few blacks but a lot of ambers. I wonder does the age of the area or the density impact the capacity they made available?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My substation Demand is black with no available capacity, my Generation says

Generation Capacity Available:

Dependent on site and application specific information. See note on LV generation criteria.

Secondary Voltage(s):

400V(3ph) & 230V(single ph)

Installed Capacity:

100 kVA :Pole Substation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ok so I have generation capacity available and 3 phase available at my local substation which is one road and one field from the house.

Food for thought. Thanks for sharing the second link which worked!

It's definitely worth reading the FAQ:

Why are there no specific available capacity values for LV generation provided?

Each substation has been given an overall classification (Red/Amber/Black) based on the calculated available capacity. The colour meanings differ for HV and LV and for Demand and Generation as shown below:

Demand and Generation: LV

GREEN Greater than 200kVA

AMBER Between 20 and 200kVA

BLACK 20kVA or less available

Connections to the substations/transformers with an overall BLACK classification are still possible, however there might be a requirement for significant network reinforcement to overcome the impact on the network constraints.

It's also worth noting that the data is from 2020, and we've had a few energy crises since then so there's a lot more solar power installed now

According to the FAQ the data should be updated quarterly, so I wonder why the map is showing older data 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭adriant900

Thank you for your reply and to everyone else who replied. To answer your question, NC7 is not cheap at around €1k but if approved and I could export up to 29KVA then it would be worth it I think (29KVA is my MIC). The alternative would be large battery capacity, if I can get FIT of around 21cent or even a min of 13.5cent that would be better value than batteries.

I use a lot of power, in summer over 200KWH per day so I can justify a large array with the plan for large self consumption but there would be days in the middle of the day that I be using very little at a given time so being able to export would be perfect. I would love to automate some machinery to come on and off when solar power is available but have been told on another boards threat that an EDDI will not do this and have not come across any device that will do it. If anyone knows how it could be done I am all ears?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

There is nothing "off the self" what your asking, but it's possible.

It can be built using monitoring and automation (ie home assistant/node Red/combination of both).

Have a device that can monitor the solar, grid, and ideally loads you want to automate.

Something like an emontx4 or Shelly EM's that have lots of cts that can monitor power etc. And at a good rate (10 seconds or so)

When you can monitor the power you can use smart switches/wifi relays to usually trigger a contactor to turn on the machines.

I do this for immersions but would work for anything.

The reason to monitor the power is to know the machine is actually on and then you can account for that if looking to run numerous devices.

(Drystock farmer myself too, I don't envy the power you have to use, other than lights our biggest load is a barley crusher)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Finally got the FIT payment from Energia for 798 units.

NC6 was only received in Nov so missing out on 11 months since installation so make sure to chase those up folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

Did you have to chase Energia for FIT or did they just suddenly pay out? I haven't had any FIT payment yet and nothing from them about it. My NC6 was confirmed as received by EBNS in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

originally spoke to them about 3 bills ago and they said it was due in the next bill which didn't happen. Haven't chased them since and it appeared in our bill yesterday so hopefully this is the start of it.

I was speaking to them about a month ago when we got the panels installed and they mentioned there had been some issues with the payment system which had just been fixed

To be fair we got an email from them the day our panels were installed and NC6 was filed saying we would start receiving payments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I left EI in August to got to Energia, neither has paid me yet, loads of excuses,they blaming each other and ESBN (who were efficient), only owed about 120E FIT but I have given up.😥 Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

I did the same move from EI to Energia, I kept emailing EI and last month received €200 ex-gratia credit which they'll pay into my account -- don't give up ! keep emailing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Bord gais still haven't paid out. Bill was last week and can't even be downloaded, so they are after breaking the system up further. NC6 in since 2021, so no excuse from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Similar BG can’t give me a date as to when I’ll get payment - but have confirmed I will get one … have been signed up and with them since last feb and NC6 in place over 2 years- I have never managed to get a date off them and yes can’t download latest bill either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know if the online contact us section of Electric Ireland is useful? Didn't have time to contact them so filled it out requesting my solar to be paid to my bank account or issued by cheque. Probably need to call them to go though some security BS but didn't have time to be on hold this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Yeah done that for my parents, they replied about 2 weeks later 😂 asking for bank details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I only got my bill after repeatedly emailing them. It was issued early March and took 3 weeks. I've moved to energia now so waiting for the feed in payment and my refund of my balance.

Checked up on it, Request went in on the 12th march, replied yesterday (and today to confirm the transfer) So 2 and a bit weeks in limboland.

They did reply eventually though

Electric Ireland. To get your FIT payment if you are no longer a customer call Home Services Team - call directly on 1800 372 333 (9am - 6pm Monday to Friday)  

I bet its faster than the email! but should have the money back into the account within 10 days (also ew actually talking to people lol)

Oh don't worry, you won't be talking to a person. Getting past the answering service is almost impossible I've heard

Apparently the best approach is to refuse to answer any of the questions from the answering service and it'll eventually give up and get the humans to deal with you

Have it sorted, it only took them 2 weeks to reply 😆

Also if you are currently on the EV plan with BG be careful when you are using electricity. Bord Gais daily usage page on their website no longer differentiates between EV time and the rest of the time since the start of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

CRU are a disaster too. They don't seem too bothered about them not paying . Bord Gáis have had years at this stage to work out how they were going to pay people between February 2022 and today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Minifox

I haven't had a bill since Feb 05. I tried contacting Electric Ireland but just got the 'I'll pass your query on to the correct department' shtick. Dreading the 3+ month bill when it eventually arrives. No doubt they'll blame the solar panels and not the not-so-smart meter!

Advertisement