Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I don't think even Daniel Day Lewis in deep character acting mode could keep up this level of performance for this long.

Definitely tenuous grasp on reality.

Finally, someone remembered to report on Simeon. He pleaded not guilty and is remanded in custody again, he did nothing wrong, it was all the big meanie Gardaí, yada yada yada. The usual burkery we all know at this point. Judge Cephas Power adjourned the case until tomorrow, when a trial date will be set.

Following in big brother's footsteps (or shadow).

https://archive.is/crfoW

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

i dont know...are they just eccentric multi-millionaires...?or secret euromillions winners?or yeah just plain nuts?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think you are right, although the earlier poster mentioning the possible contribution of Aspergers could very well be on to something as well.

That inability to deal with things not going exactly to plan could very well point to something in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thanks Quin, just wondering if Enoch is hit with the schools costs and if not able to pay where does that leave the school after all this?

Its incredible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭veryangryman

They absolutely have the cash to pay the fines. All the notionsy tones from the lot of them. Ammi's "how dare you" tone sounded pretty money

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭GarfieldandPookyBear

Yes poor Simeon forgotten and still complaining about missing exams. It’s actually exhausting with 2 of them, I can’t imagine dealing with 10 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"ItS aBOut pRoNouns" they'll continue to scream.....

“I need to speak about the precis of evidence given to me, it contains 15 sentences and 15 lies,” Mr Burke told Judge Power this afternoon

sweet sufferin jaysus this lot are for the birds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭amacca

Its pretty objectionable that the outcome could well be the school being out of pocket here......I'd say Enoch or any of the Burkes have zero intention of paying and I wonder how the courts will enforce it?

Do the school really have costs in the hundreds of thousands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Tork

I listened to Frank Greaney's report on The Last Word. Interestingly, Matt Cooper touched on the idea of having Enoch assessed. And he also suggested that because of the way he has been behaving, he has beaten the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭GarfieldandPookyBear

Yes, approx 20k per day in the High Court. I don’t have the patience to figure out how many days they’ve had between all the cases but it’s several hundred thousand at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And he continues to refuse to sign the bond for his bail, so he remains in Jail.

We'll see the strength of his conviction tomorrow when he's given a court date sometime next Autumn (if he's lucky).

Will he still refuse to sign the bond then???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

OMG - there are no words..

Q who is paying the legal costs for all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh, I wouldn't say he's beaten the System just yet... The System still has a few cards to play.

When he's back in a teaching job and the fines are quashed, THEN I'll accept he's beaten the system.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

And he also suggested that because of the way he has been behaving, he has beaten the system.

Fired, jailed, fined, 6 figure court costs likely to be awarded against him, likely unemployable, probably going to do another stint behind bars before all this is over, a laughing stock and potentially going to be bankrupt

What kind of bonkers logic counts that as him having "beaten the system"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

So

Enoch - a good teacher (as per YouTube clips) - never gonna teach again

Ammi -solicitor and had to be pretty good to land a top notch job at Arthur Cox - never going to practice law again

Simeion - supposed to be sitting Barristers exams and prob would have passed - never going to practice law as you have to be of good character (no jail terms) to practice

What do the rest of them do? Isaac seems to be the next one to put a bullet into his career.

They are a disgrace and if the judge is voicing an opinion on them from the bench, then you can guarantee you’ve just become unemployable, if you weren’t already.

I laughed out loud like everyone else today at their antics, but I think the posters have it right that they maybe on the spectrum and actually the courts needs to address the fact that perhaps they are vulnerable adults and need help.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry everyone but it's back before the courts

Thread closed (for now)

EDIT

Just to make clear, the case remains before the courts until a judgement is released

Post edited by Beasty on

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Re-opened following the issue of judgement on Friday

• Advertisement

• €15,000 awarded to the school plus the father's petrol money...

Expensive stuff.

👁️ Enoch Watch 👁️

Week Ending Friday 19 May 2023

Where we left off:

• Wed Mar 22 - Day 31 of EB protest outside Wilsons Hospital School post dismissal.
    • Thurs Mar 23 / Fri Mar 24 / Mon Mar 27 – EB no show at WHS.
    • Thurs Mar 23 - Deadline for fines due up to Mar 1 (€23,800) to be paid.
    • Exact Date unknown – EB shows up at Niamh McShane’s home to serve a subpoena
    • Mon Mar 27 – EB shows up at John Rogers home address at 10:50pm to serve a subpoena.  JR’s wife said she was not at liberty to disclose his location. (Court advised JR was an inpatient in hospital.)
    • Tues Mar 28 - Board of Wilson's Hospital School -v- Burke - High Court (4 Days) begins.
    • Tues Mar 28 – Justice Owens directs that EB would not be allowed re-enter Court Room at 2pm, until he gives an undertaking to follow court rulings and direction. A video link will be provided for him to follow proceedings.
    • Tues Mar 28 – EB and family leave the High Court. The case proceeds in his absence.
    • Wed Mar 29 – EB no show at High Court. No explanation for absence. The case proceeds.
    • Thurs Mar 30 – EB no show at High Court. No explanation for absence. The case proceeds.
    • Fri Mar 31 – EB and family appear outside High Court to read an email sent to Justice Owens.
    • Fri Mar 31 – Case concludes. Justice Owens reserves judgement. Interlocutory Orders remain in place.
    • Mon Apr 3 – Fri Apr 14 – WHS on Easter Holidays
    • Mon Apr 17 - EB resumes daily protest outside WHS
    • Fri Apr 21 – Date of hearing of appeal against dismissal. (Result unknown, but believed to be ongoing).
    • Fri May 12 - DPP decides not to prosecute EB for trespass at WHS.
    • Fri May 19 – Day 64 of EB protest outside Wilsons Hospital School post dismissal.
    • Fri May 19 – Fines x 113 Days @ €700 per day (27 Jan to 19 May inclusive) = €79,100
    • Fri May 19 – Justice Owens delivers his ruling that the suspension of EB by WHS was lawful.  He also imposes a fine of €15k on EB for trespass, and recommends costs be awarded against EB. Date for submissions and hearing on costs TBC.
    • 🏳️‍🌈 ⚧️ Donations to the "Enough, Enoch" GoFundMe in support of Irish LGBTQ+ charities = €11,245 ⚧️ 🏳️‍🌈
    • Donations to the "Enoch Burke" GoFundMe to assist Enoch Burke pay daily fines for his contempt = €20

*School closures / Public Holidays / Court Dates are excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Finally!!!

I've been standing outside this thread since the 28th of March 🥱📓💼

So, any word on how long he has to pay his fines?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,646 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They could be chicken feed compared to the legal costs he now faces.

The judge also said his provisional view was that costs of the action should be awarded against Mr Burke. A date may be fixed for a costs hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,349 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is that 15k fine imposed instead of the 79k in accumulated daily fines, or in addition to?

I am a bit sorry for EB and his siblings, it seems to me the entire family is in need of some serious psychological help, but mostly removing from the influence of the mother. It seems you can legally try to punish someone into behaving in a social manner, but not deprogram them as that presumably would interfere with their free will and right to free speech etc. Has psychiatric evaluation been ordered I wonder?

The 15k is legal fees he has to pay for the school, is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,646 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Legal costs, which will be much more, have yet to be determined. This was €15,000 in damages for trespass, in addition to the daily fines imposed for breach of court orders.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No, it's a fine imposed for the trespass.

The total legal cost figure hasn't been given yet.

Advertisement