Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elton john 3 arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Arrived at the orange route entrance at 7.35, to be held in a holding pen 300m back from the stadium for 20 mins, then let straight through, no security check, no ticket check. Arrived in at 8 on the dot, to see the bar closed and a queue as long as the eye could see, so gave the drink a miss for the evening.

Brilliant show though, lucky that the rain held off!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Really enjoyable gig. Elton did seem to enjoy it as well and was very engaged chatting between songs. The band were great also. I really enjoyed the extended finish to rocketman.

Circumstances meant we arrived to the stadium just at 8. Many others were in the same situation. No one checked out tickets or bags going in to the pitch standing section. While I was glad to get in so quickly it is asking for trouble allowing so many to enter without security. Thankfully there were no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Great show! Really enjoyed it and as others said, his voice is still spot on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah the stage was amazing, it seems to be the same stage as the indoor show. The ticket prices definitely were expensive and you could make the argument it was justifiable

Was up in Premium Level and it was ok. Plenty of bars open but as you can imagine pretty lengthy ques. Food options pretty slim as well (nothing like the Delious options that were advertised on social media). The sound was perfect inside the foyer. Happy I got a more cental block. Feel the views from 201-205 would of been a bit restricted due to the layout of the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You can thank my friend for the small merchandise stand 😂 they set that up because of the fuss she made 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wow. Well, for something that was quickly thrown together by the merchandise team, that's pretty good, but if it had been there from the outset, its location was not ideal.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Good to hear it was a good show. I don’t know why he played ‘have mercy on the criminal’ though? He played that when he was in Cork in 2017 too. Do people enjoy that?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They were 2 programmes - think it was £50 for the deluxe one in Swansea!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To put some of those prices in perspective, I'm currently at the British GP at Silverstone - £40 for a T-shirt, £55 for a polo, and £150 skywards for a jacket. I took some photos of the merch stall at Swansea to allow me to peruse at the local Starbucks before entering the stadium

Standard price for a "team" baseball cap at Silverstone is £60!!

The "last" UK and Europe stadium show tonight

Me thinks this won't be 'the last' and he'll do Wembley Stadium to finish it all off next summer after the Arena shows

• Advertisement

Someone else suggested Glastonbury

However the last gig listed on his website is Stockholm on 8 July 2023, postponed from 2021, and that's a Stadium

Anyway, I've a ticket for what is allegedly his last Scottish gig in Glasgow next year, having been at his last Welsh one last week

Alas it will be his penultimate gig in Ireland that I'll also be at

Glastonbury makes sense but as you said not much of a 'grand finale' if dates are coming quickly after. Who knows

Nice list, simply can't afford the high ticket price for the Dublin shows next year (€197 each) but I'll be glued to Toutless and hopefully pick up a ticket below face value but given its a smaller capacity compared to last Friday (tickets going for €40 Friday morning) it's could be a hard task

I saw Queen at Maine Road in 1986. I had moved back to Manchester a few months before and just turned up without a ticket. Got there just after they has started and the touts were offloading tickets at about 2/3rds face value. Walked in and found a place not much more than 30 metres from the stage

As I said earlier in this thread I got a £399 Rocket Man VIP ticket for £150, not much more than a week before the gig in Swansea. Given how long it is since the original dates I suspect there will be quite a few who cannot make it

live stream of the 'last ever North American Stadium show' will take place on Sun 20th Nov (Monday 21 November at 3:30am our time) on Disney+ with a Documentary following in 2023

I'm hoping it will be available on demand

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Handful of tickets released for the next weeks 3Arena shows

Tuesday 28 March (rescheduled from 4 Dec 2020 & 3 Dec 2021)

Wednesday 29 March (rescheduled from 5 Dec 2020 & 4 Dec 2021)

Although i loved the Cork show last summer, under €200 for a ticket is just too much for essentially the 'same show'

Those going you're in for a treat though as it's brilliant show and the 'last time' the rocketman will play in Dublin/Ireland

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Picked up a ticket for Dublin next week. Looking forward to it, never seen Elton John before. Could be my last opportunity as well if he really is retiring from touring.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I saw this tour in Dublin when it was his last ever, farewell tour - in 2019 😂 -he could be going for another while yet. I'm delighted I saw him you will enjoy the show @Nigel Fairservice

Had planned back in 2020 during the Pandemic too see him live and got a ticket for one of the 2021 shows. Then September 2021 the announcement came of the postponement due to Eltons injury. Siad **** it why not go to Cork instead and loved it. He was in great form and the setlist was amazing

Thinking back to the restrictions here back in Autumn/Winter 2021. I'm not sure would the concerts have even went ahead because it would of been a full attendance all seated show

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

I assume they haven't reissued tickets for the Gigs next week - I have my emailed ones dated 2021 but they haven't issued new ones. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

• Advertisement

You don't get a new ticket. You use the original tickets. Just make sure you don't turn up on Wednesday and discover you should have gone on Tuesday. If you check your Ticketmaster account online, it will have updated the new date automatically, and it will outline what the corresponding initial date was.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Enjoy the show tonight and tomorrow whoevers going

Say the visuals are amazing indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I just spent 200 euro on a concert ticket....... I need to lie down.

I actually spent €150 for Swansea last year on a TM resale. Face value 399, 4 rows back and I got the "Crocodile Rock VIP package"

Snap! :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was bored on lunch break last week and did the same thing! I'm sure it'll be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Joni89

I went to the Cardiff City Stadium gig in 2019. That price for Swansea is very reasonable.

Advertisement