Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha.

I adored him last year too, and now he fits into my United P&P. I had suspected we’d get a showdown tonight but am thrilled with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Feck it, it’s a win-win for me anyways. I either get to see Liverpool win and still end up with a decent Weghorst card, or they lose and I end up with an absolute unit of a striker as a consolation. 😁

He’s rated as a 95 with a hunter before any upgrade btw, so he’s still a pretty good card as he is.

Definitely doing this one.

• Administrators Posts: 54,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played today for the first time in weeks.

I can't defend at all! I sold my Griezmann and bouth Al Owairan. Honestly neither of these cards are blowing me away, neither feel like 800k cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I don't get the market new ginola comes out old ginola increases in price maybe its because the new one is so bloody pricey

Just packed Fantasy Crouch and now wondering how I’d get on hoofing crosses in to him and Weghorst…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

TotYHM Harold Kane. Best striker ever for me. Usually be good with a 1:1 ratio. Yer man Kane be 46 in 30 .... all div 8 and squad battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

+1 in the dupe theory corner

...but also

I know how you feel, it was the exact same with me and Origi. Annoyed me more cause his showdown card was actually very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had a choice of Di Natale which I was really tempted to as I bought him but wc Capdevilla showed as well so took him. Rest were crap. But at least Capdeville slots rights into my team over LB cole.

Game over :D .. ignore already owned..thats his loan card

Actually finished a weekend league, my second I think. Got an ultimate pack from 11 wins, an 83 was the highest. That's pure dirt that. Pure dirty dirt dirt.

I honestly don't know how Ginola is worth 10mill. In my hands he's just a plodding donkey ...I much prefer Di Natale over him..watching Ginola trying to accelerate is painful to watch..so bloody slow even at 99 speed/accel. Guess that's the difference between explosive and controlled plus Di Natale is short and lean compared to high/average.

Also found Di Natale is a far greater threat at LW/LF etc as he's always running in to finish the block shots or far post hits..if I got his new card I'd happily bin Ginola :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have the original ginola for a good while now and i kinda get what you are saying,

i think in a pros hands he is very good (bit like r9) but i prefer nippier more agile players too (id take Jairzinho all day long)

My Base Ginola always has a place in the team, I play on PS4 tho so he might be better in the old gen gameplay.

Only reason I drop him sometimes is when I want to try new cards.

• Advertisement

They've really made Eden Hazard one of the marquee cards for this promo, he might not even play enough to get the appearances upgrade

Fantasy Sabitzer on the same day as 3POTM Rashford.

United fans eating well tonight 😂

Decided to splash out on mid Matthaus and he’s bloody fantastic and great fun. I’m hoping for a CM Trent Arnold as his centurions card is excellent in midfield but Matthaus will tide me over for the moment.

Current team..apart from Maldini’s prime there’s little room for improvement.

Hell even potm Ben Yedder or Eto don’t get a look in now.

Somehow I have an untradeable Dias fut card and I’ve no idea where it came from. The whole walkout issue is a farce when some base card is shown and you send all to club not realising you just got a 900k card. I shouldn’t complain though :)

Got Hazard from the pivot pack. M/m workrates but he feels pretty nice.

• Advertisement

Is everyone playing 5ATB this weekend? 😭

I haven’t seen anyone playing 5 at the back for a while now.Everyone seems to be playing 4321 same as myself I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I noticed I have an untradable FUTFantasy Skriniar in my club yesterday, no idea when I packed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

New season. Nice to be back in div 2. The elite division rivals is such a grind. Seriously considering giving wins away to stay in div 2.

everyone is doing..hell div5 is full of elite players just for the friendlies..its ridiculous..

on the good side I got fs Alvarez from that pack in the store and he feels way better than Ginola..can see why hes 1.2 million. Ginola is seriously overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

FIFA really did nothing for paddies day. Just paid for badges and tifo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Ah base Ginola is class. 250 goals for me in about 350 games, mostly playing off the right wing or CAM. Amazing card. 5* 5*, pace, physicality and makes so many perfectly timed runs to arrive at the back post to score. Only tots benzema scores more for me and he plays as main sticker 100% of the time and is never subbed off.

I suppose its just his clunkiness...I barely notice it on a midfield or defender and I suppose its just how I play with him.

Alvarez on the other hand you do notice his dribbling but his attacking ai is fantastic...with the hawk chem his long shots are maxed out with the outside foot trait.

Who is incredible is Hazard at RAM...brings him on as a sub around 70 and he's just popping in outside foot shots 30 yards out ..one game I was 3-3 all in a very tight game...brought on Hazard for Jairziniho and he had a hattrick within 3 mins....all of them at RAM 30 yards out with the outside foot....stupid thing is ridiculously op

also Ginola is getting his +1 at least.. would love if Newcastle can go 6 games without a defeat and he gets the outside foot trait...to me he's not scoring enough goals without it.

Ah, our annual McGeady just dropped 😂

• Advertisement

Typical

Actually lol I can use both…forgot his base is a lique 1 card.

New Mbappe potm out…4.6m and they still never put his pace to 99 :)

Man, that Emerson SBC looks insane value.

82 and an 83 squad, and five wins, and you get a 91 rated Ederson with 99 reflexes, AND a 90 rated version for fodder.

Never mind, he’s absolutely brutal in nets for me 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Either way it's insane value. 82 & 83 w/ 1* TOTW for a 90 & 91 rated card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭piplip87

Just pulled Ian Rush Birthday from the10 coon pack. Must be some kind of a glitch I have never pulled an icon. Will sit very nicely up to with Rooney.

These upgrades are incredibly bad, 3 months between these two cards

I feel they went overboard with power creep in the leadup to TOTY, and have spent the last few weeks trying to reign it back in. If even just to make sure TOTS isn't underwhelming. But it's meant a few weeks of being underwhelmed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

He has all the flair traits too for some reason... even flair shot inexplicably 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

FUT Birthday is very meh. I sold WC Marquinhos for 615k in preparation for the new one but they are basically the same card other than weak foot upgrade.

yeah it’s been crap for a few years now. Fit Griezemann from fifa20 will never be beaten, but in fairness to EA they can’t win. They’ve gone with different cards to the regular ones which everyone moaned about the same cards and when they mix it up people still give out. Some of the ratings are crap though.

on the icon pick my luck continues

I haven't used a single new promo card since TOTY.

Barely played tbh.

Yeah gameplay just sucks..it’s by far the worst fifa ever..even with my super team it’s an utter chore.

to me fifa18 and fifa19 were my favourite by far.nothing came close to those.

Yea not enjoying it, it's hard work. Defenders are doing stupid things because the power curve on attackers has been so great. Even high rated defenders will completely ignore runs etc.

I am sick of being glitched by Mbappe cards etc.

• Advertisement

A 5 skill Shearer..I know it’s 20 tokens but have to do it as a Newcastle fan.

Grinded the icon pick pack tonight there, I had little high rated fodder due to lack of playing, and got a choice of 89 Crespo, 90 Xavi and 91 Starfish Gerrard. Not happy one bit I must say lol.

Ah lads, I’m not sure if he’ll replace Crouch or not….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only 83 heading, he’s certainly no Weghorst.

• Advertisement
Advertisement