Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,188 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It'll be interesting to see what happens when people have to use the insurance product beyond just putting a disc on the windscreen and start making a claim. Will there be a sharp sting in excess charges and future quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's also going to be interesting to see if Allianz via its Dutch arm is going to undercut Allianz Ireland which offers also Car Insurance.

IF simpleinsurance is the agent and Allianz the underwriter because beside the usual waitlist (with the obligatory reminder to refer a few friends) there are no concrete details.

Plus with the 'smart driving' device mentioned for bigger discounts, the question is, will those be shared with the Revolut app for even more selling opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Hey guys, is Metal worth it for someone who basically doesn't leave Ireland but spends a fortune buying crap from US through eBay? 😀

I'm kinda 50:50 between premium and metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I would take standard any day, I see no benefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The 1% cashback can be nice if you shop a lot.

But if it's mostly US spending I would strongly suggest you check the rates and cost against wise for example, it might be cheaper.

Or even get something like utopia and make a single payment once in a while via for example atlantic money.

--

Please do your own dilligence before choosing any financial services provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Just starting to research Revolut and wondering if it's worth it.

Would it be worth transferring my subscriptions like Netflix and Spotify, Amazon purchases, and monthly Vodafone bill to a Revolut card/account?

Do these benefits only come with one of the paid monthly subscription to Revolut?

I read this,

"Revolut offers largely free day-to-day banking. There’s no monthly or annual maintenance fee for using its app, there’s no charge for chip and pin or contactless transactions. There’s no fee for standing orders or direct debit payments either. And best of all, there’s no foreign exchange fees on purchases made outside the Eurozone up to a limit of €1,000 a month."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭spuddy

Has anyone got their IE IBAN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Just want to say keep your passport up to date if you change it main account . It's the only ID they take for Irish accounts. Licence or PSC is no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

It's rare for PSC to be taken as proof of ID. Licence was done away with years ago, even though it's government verified etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was making a fairly large transfer from Revolut to a savings account and was impressed with the effort they went to warn me about fraud. To be fair what I was doing looked suspicious as it was the first time I sent money to this specific account. But they provided lots of information about possible fraud, it's hard for people to plead ignorance if they send money to fraudsters.

Now don't get me wrong, Revolut are doing this to cover themselves and wash their hands when it comes to fraud but it was good to see they are doing something.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Got an email today looking for my Tax Identification Number for tax reporting purposes. Presumably they mean PPS number for Ireland.

Have most people already provided that?

Yes, it's a legal requirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Are you sure that is still the case? I am aware of someone who joined in the last 12 months using their driving licence (they don't have a current passport).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Yeah spotted a request to TIN/PPS number. The Android app doesn't take alpha characters when entering it 🤦.

Ok working now... Pretty sure it wasn't earlier ☺️

Post edited by NinetyForNone on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I've just inputted my PPSN on an Android device & the alpha character was accepted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got asked for it today as well and it did accept the letter on Android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I think it's still the same here that only passport is OK for ID. But UK driving licence is excepted.

Edit to add picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭deisedude

Downloaded the app today and I can't set up an account. Phone, email, sms verification all not working

Anyone experience this before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

My missus got the email on the 21st and had the Irish IBAN the same day.

I'm still waiting for mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭feargantae

Got transferred to the Irish IBAN this morning. Wonder will there be teething issues like Bunq had with their Éire IBAN.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Still waiting to apply for a credit card and am still on the waiting list. Anyone actually got a physical credit card from them yet?

Same for a joint account :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My credit union won't accept it as a payee because it doesn't recognize the BIC but I recall this happening when they switched to Lithuanian ibans too. I guess some systems will have to update to recognize them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got in app notification saying I've 4 days to secure fee free benefits. Says I need to

• top up with at least 1800 in one month
    • make at least 3 card payments in the same month
    • Around the beginning of the following month,I'll receive a notification to become a Premium customer for free
    • I'll stay on free premium for as long as I continue to meet the above requirements

Anybody else get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭spuddy

Did you receive an email, or were you notified via the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OrangeLavender

I got an email and also a push notification in the app also this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭feargantae

Just an email, no push notifications as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭henke

I received an email and entered my PPSN and it was accepted. Later in the day I got another email looking for Tax ID but when I click in the app there is a tile there looking for it but when I click it does nothing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I had the same. It wasn't even that much later. Probably less than an hour. I just dismissed the tile and haven't had an issue since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭apache

Can you block someone from continuously requesting payment? I don't know how they got my details or who this person is. What's customer care like to deal with?

Advertisement