Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Sums up my feelings to be honest. Was disappointed with how they handled (botched?) USS after ordering in October but was willing to wait for Tesla Vision.

Seeing how the price reduction played out in the UK & US in Q4 '22 with supercharger incentives and steep discounts should have been a warning sign.

What email address did you use out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NecronMF9

Sorry to hear that but I would feel the same and cancelled regardless if I got one. I promissed that to myself before the sale even started and I doubted it will.

@E30M3 Which email did you use? I’m abroad so can’t send or bring in the paper letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Anyone recommend a seatbelt extender for the rear of a model Y need it for booster seats had one in the M3 and it was flawless but it will not work with the rear side seatbelts, works with the front the connector must be slightly different, be good to get a recommendation before I buy one, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I think you're crazy but each to their own. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Now if I could pick up a LR for a few quid more and return the RWD with relatively no hassle I would jump at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

No, that's not what I meant, just that they could leave you hanging for the refund, and insist on payment for the new one and you could maybe end up with no car at all.

Good luck to you if it works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

I sent it to a couple

Sales_dublin@tesla.com and ContactUK@Tesla.com

I also dropped into Sandyford and the guy I spoke with said that they had it on the system and he didn't need a paper copy, I received no e-mail personal acknowledgement or phone call thats why I drove to Sandyford.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You shouldn’t feel that way. The prices are still the same now as when you bought them. Just because a fire sale happened and some people got a better deal.

You should enjoy the car. Grant will bring prices up in July too. Should be glad it was 46 you paid and not 53 when they were launched in October which helps.

But it’s your decision at the end of the day so do what’s right for you.

On the 5k grant, SEAI confirmed it stays with the vehicle. If you cancel and then order a new EV, once you (or the dealer) apply for the grant by June 30th, it is valid for four months. You have to tax the vehicle before October to get the full amount, after that you only get the 3.5k value.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭olympicweights

What way do Tesla resell the returns? Are they sold as demos?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

100% understand but I have strong views on stuff and whilst I accept there would be nothing you could do if over the 14 days but I expect anyone who paid 53 would have cancelled if they say reduced prices and were within the 14 day limit.

It isn't a crusade on my part, I'm doing what feels less wrong but I feel that unless Tesla on some level see impacts from their actions it won't serve existing customers well going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Let us know how you get on & what contact/reply you get (if any!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'd echo Gumbo's view. Not to personalise it but it sounds like a case of sour grapes on your part that someone got a better deal?

In a few months time your car will have depreciated by the same amount. This fire sale wont affect depreciation at all so this comment isn't true...

10% or over 1K a day off the perceived value of a car over 4 days is too much for me to lie down and take.

Now, if Tesla come out and drop the prices for all new purchases again (like they did on 10 Jan) then that's a different matter. That isn't what has happened though... yet.

Also, you got the benefit of the 10 Jan price drop and weren't in solidarity with those who bought a few months previously at much higher prices so your "impact from their actions" comment runs a little hollow for me.

Ultimately, you either like the car you bought or you dont and you have to do what makes you happy but it seems a little premature to me to be returning it because a relatively small bunch of people got a better deal in the last 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

I'm amazed that a car geared towards families like the MY wouldn't have seatbelts which fit booster seats, is that really the case?

They do fit but I have seat protectors on the rear seats and it’s hard for little fingers to put the belt on themselves, I’ve no problem doing it but they get very independent very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Yep, get the idea of making a commercial decision of hoping to save yourself some money. But the sense of outrage is odd.

In all walks of life, from as simple as buying clothes, food, airplane tickets, hotel rooms right the way up to buying a house in different phases of the same estate. People get different deals, someone has to get it the cheapest and someone will have paid the most.

It’s part of life, not some Tesla specific victimisation of previous buyers. And in a period of a relentless increases in everything, it’s quite refreshing to see that prices can go down too! Let’s hope it continues and spreads to other car manufacturers.

I just paid through the nose to renovate the house. Not going to shed any tears if someone gets one cheaper next month!

Look at it another way. What if Elm is offered a 5k discount to keep his car. But they don't offer it to you or Gumbo or anyone else. Would you be pleased for E30M3 and think ah well, that's life?

Appreciate it is not the same thing but you get my point.

Post edited by TMY on

Seatbelts fit boosters without a single issue. Exactly the same as the BMW as we swap some seats from time to time.

Without the seat protectors there’s no issue I just wouldn’t trust my savages not to wreck the seats without one and the opening for the belt connector is quite tight

Have you seat protectors on white seats by any chance ? I've been looking for something for white seats and am struggling. Need to be white underneath though as I'm vary of die transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

same here, I was orignally on black seats for the kids .. but with the 5K discounts I had to go for the available one with white seats and not sure how to protect it from car seats / kids :D

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Yeah, this was one of the main factors for me in cancelling. I expect that it will be possible to purchase a new MY RWD for somewhere between 35-40k in the not too distant future. The MY is still a lot of car for 46.5k but not for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I expect that it will be possible to purchase a new MY RWD for somewhere between 35-40k in the not too distant future.

You can hope!

Maybe €40-€45k... but another €5k less than that again.... cant see it myself but you never know.

And if it gets to €40k.... will you be then saying.... hmm, they might drop again and again.... when do you decide the time is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

This is pulled from the telegram postings of last nights cars. It’s a MYLR car that was sold. Gives an insight (not sure how accurate) of the build currently being sold.

I use the protectors myself. I use them in the BMW and used them in the Nissan before that so agree 100%.

It was more the comment that the seat belts don’t work with booster seats I was responding to. More internet pub rumours if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

There is a point where they are unlikely to drop below. Tesla has plenty of margin on them at the moment and is moving to a higher volume lower margin model. Also watching what happens in the US is a good indicator of what happens in Europe a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

I got a Blue RWD in the sale last night. Originally had a white ordered. The blue looks great. I would have gotten the blue originally but I was already stretching my budget so couldn't justify the 1200 extra

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

just catching up on this thread now, I'm v happy with my 2022 RWD and my cost to change today versus last year means I still haven't lost but well done to all those who grabbed a bargain, flurry of Tesla revenue from Ireland, great they can dump UK excess over here, didn't think that was possible with red tape, maybe is isn't but who cares. Enjoy the new wheels folks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Aye the communists and their anti Tesla rhetoric shouted from the open window of a BYD Atto 😂

• Advertisement

Not sure it's the right thread but anyway. What are we using as a toll tag. Thinking of cancelling eflow and using something else. Hate the way they charge the full amount and then rebate monthly...

Advertisement