Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

it's all psychological. As in the Y RWD is a 50-60K car all day long when compare to EV market out there.

Just Tesla business model leaving a sour taste, which includes myself. But as im writing this having a cup of tae, the 2 smallies are out playing some racing game and the steering wheel doing 90 (At least someone can put kms on it!). between that and YouTube kids they think its the best thing since sliced bread :)

And as people might have seen from my previous posts its likely that ill be handing it back in next 2 weeks but im damn sure getting another one!

Not sure what ill do with my time when this boardsing and Tesla inventory refresh jazz is finally over. Might take up a course or write a book, a 2nd job maybe lol😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

If anyone is interested for their Y. Its symmetrical ie both sides same, have tesla logos with them, paid 200 total for all. 19 inch

wife prefers the gemini and i wasnt too sure of myself fitting it, only one taken out hence the finger marks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Had a blue 3 since 2020 and got a blue Y this week 💙

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Switched to tolltag 4 years ago when I got my 1st EV, as I saw recommended online. No issues since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Fair play to you. Think if I told the wife I was returning the family car because some lads on Boards got a 4K discount that we may or may not also get in June, I’d be asking the lads in Sandyford for a place to sleep as well as returning the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What is that point though? I think most people thought that was when they dropped €7k off the price! 😀

In terms of the US, I thought they increased prices there recently after the Jan price drop?

I don’t think you’ll be able to second guess what Tesla will do in terms of pricing at all. If you like the car and it’s competitively priced compared to what else is out there, then buy it and enjoy it.

Estimated del date April 17 to may 4th if I remember correctly.

have a nice car from a family member whos out of country for all of April. So working out ok. If that eta pushes dramatically then yes it goes from a little bit of hassle for 5k to something a bit more..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Exactly the same rhetoric at my place, here would you give me a bit of space with ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Anyone know of a good option for MY waterproof mats (front, rear, boot, frunk etc)?

I know there are a lot of good options on AliExpress but the estimated delivery is 24th May.

I'd be hoping for something that could be delivered sooner.

• Advertisement

To be fair she’s patience of a saint, I do generally follow the ask forgiveness route … 😇. Like the time I was told not to put the ID4 on Donedeal 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

There are plenty on here who are keen to get a car before the grant disappears in order to save 5k or even 1.5k.

There are also people who will wait for the big sales. They never know how much something will be reduced by but are willing to hold off and even potentially miss out.

Further decreases in price won't bother a sizeable cohort of people and won't influence their purchasing decision which is perfectly fine.

Don't assume everyone is the same.

All the above are valid. People will decide for themselves.

Meant to ask regards the Tesla vision software update, I haven’t seen it yet. Even though new software installed today, I think one of the changes was around sentry mode light pulse and a few other bits. But is it just selected cars have the vision software push?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

Just received the software update notification for the Tesla Vision Park Assist, so it will be interesting to see how it is. I'd assume more and more should receive the update now. Anyone on her who have tried it already?

Look forward to bringing the kids to school in the morning now to see how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I bought a set off Amazon delivered in 3 days. D1m motox for the boot and seat backs. Taptes for the interior floor mats.

They’re OK. Nice fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Latest software update does a reasonably good job. I have driven with the old USS sensors for Park Assist and now with the latest software update. I would say it is 75% there ..for me it’s no big deal although I know some people are hyper sensitive to the removal of USS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

My guess is that since Tesla plan is to reach 20 million car per year in the next few years, they will have to move the prices for model 3/Y lower and reduce profit margins.. I would expect around 40K for model Y.. but again, I dont think this will happen soon and also the 5k grant will be removed by end of the year so it will remain around 43-45K for the RWD similar to the recent discounted prices for a while ..

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Broadly agree. You also need to factor in reduced costs and increased efficiencies. Don't see the price reduction to 40k or lower taking that long. Will be interesting to revisit this a year from now!

• Advertisement

People may prefer something like an ID4 with camera and sunroof for 60k+ 😫

Lovely one here, even has a auto boot lift!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-id-4-tech-204hp/32680541

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I’d also suspect that when they get to that price they will have more stripped out and you’ll have to pay to enable things that are standard today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

With much larger profit margins than other manufacturers to play around with, I think they will only reduce the price further if potential buyers are still swaying towards their competitors. Right now, at the current prices, you really are getting much more bang for your buck with a Tesla. If they release a 25K car (Model 2), that will fill the gap they have right now and they can keep the current prices without eating further into their profit margins for the S3XY models. However, I expect they will continue to do flash sales at end of quarters and offer incentives like credits, free supercharging miles and referral schemes. There are also plans to build more Giga factories as this is part of their planning to go critical mass in terms of sales globally. They have a leg up over their competitors right now but competition in the EV space is getting hotter with BYD entering the international markets. The German brands also have great EV models coming out now but their profit margins are a lot less so harder to compete on the sale price, that's Tesla's key advantage right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

One potential problem with trying to undercut your competitors with price is the association of increased price with increased quality. "You get what you pay for". There are so many people out there who believe what car sales staff tell them. They don't do any research of their own. They have a 'relationship' with their local dealer, "Johnny has always looked after me before and gotten me a good deal".

A relation of mine doing 100-150km rural kms for work, always returning home, was advised by their dealer back in February. The dealer asked the questions about their daily usage. Thought hard for a while and said "A diesel would suit you best". Was it a co-incidence this was a Hyundai dealer who had been instructed not to take any new I5 orders for the remainder of the year? But my relation, a reasonably intelligent person, with a 3rd level qualification, working for the Department of the Environment swallowed every bit of it. These are the parts of the market that Tesla will never reach, even if they reduced the price of their cars to €10. And it's a large part of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Looking at the below at the moment;

D1M MOTOX

The boot liner you linked above looks excellent but probably over engineered for me (don't have pets)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

The Facebook page has me wondering if there's something else I need. Has anyone gotten jack pucks and did you get them from Amazon or Ali Express? Are they all the same? There's a big price differential between some of them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tesla+puck&sprefix=tesla+pu%2Caps%2C102&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Mostly the same I reckon. Ordered the cheapest set with orange rubber ring from Amazon few days ago - £12 I think, albeit delivery now not until end April so may cancel and reorder another set.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

AliExpress ones are grand and cheap, just take ages to arrive. Handy to keep one in the car, just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 LENT23

I collected a model Y earlier this week. I updated my software yesterday to 2023.2.12 after the car prompted me to do so. Screen now says my software is up to date but I know there are newer releases since this. Is there a way to force car to look for software updates? I have ticked the standard for software updates and I see an advanced option aswel. Should I be using advanced?

Advertisement