Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Bloods - CBS *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvline.com/2012/10/21/jennifer-esposito-leaving-blue-bloods-season-3/

There is bad blood between CBS and Jennifer Esposito who has left the show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2012/10/21/jennifer-esposito-leaving-blue-bloods-season-3/

There is bad blood between CBS and Jennifer Esposito who has left the show

CBS is disgustig! :mad:

“CBS PUT me on unpaid leave and has blocked me from working anywhere else after my doctor said you needed a reduced schedule due to Celiac,” she wrote. “CBS didn’t listen to my doc and I collapsed on set. Which everyone saw! After a week off my doc said I could return to work but CBS implied that I was NOT truly ill and this was a scheme to get a raise! It’s been almost two months without bringing me back to work + keeping Me from working anywhere else!… Absolutely shameful behavior.”

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/jennifer-esposito-takes-leave-from-blue-bloods-megan-ketch-among-guest-stars-filling-the-void/

Anyone check the season 3 finale on Friday?....renewed for a fourth. The 54 - Dead demographic love this show!, sure they are wheelchair bound....its not like they can change the channel! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Started watching this after a recommendation from my brother. I'm about three quarters of the way through season one and the only thing I can think is that Frank (Tom Sellecks character) is the most miserable bastard in the world. Pretty decent show otherwise.

Renewed for 10th Season

Blue Bloods Renewed for Season 14

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought it had ran it's course at this stage, all the characters are gone stale at this stage and I can't stand Erin, she has turned into a complete goody two shoes who thinks she's above everyone.

• Advertisement

Blue Bloods Ending With Season 14, to Air in Two Parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭squonk

It had a great run. Probably the time to end it. Don’t think I’ve gotten past season 12 yet.

I do hope it frees Abigail Hawk up to appear in some other shows. What a woman!!!

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

Shame, I really like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Radio5

I think it's had a good run. They never really developed the characters away from NYPD, for example Jamie marries his colleague, the unknown grandson is a cop etc, as if they're not allowed to do anything else. They had an opportunity, maybe have Danny start a new relationship but that didn't happen. Since Linda was killed off, I felt the family dynamic lacked balance and it all grew quite stale. Any amount of good cop/bad lawyer/fights with the Mayor storylines couldn't hide that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭squonk

Very true actually. I did think they’d developed the next generation with Danny’s sons and Erin’s daughter but latest I see is one of the sons is heading towards becoming a cop himself and I’ve a feeling I remember Erin’s daughter is becoming a lawyer so no change there. I think it would have been great if the long lost nephew was a less than squeaky clean character or had had life experiences that set him against the establishment. Linda was a big loss for sure. She provided some outside perspective and it’s been like an echo chamber since her character left.

I did read somewhere that the main demographic for the show in the US was older more conservative viewers with an inherent support of the establishment so it seems the writers know what their audience wants and plays to it.

I think in the real world if you have one single family so baked into the law enforcement and legal system you’d have some real world issues like corruption, perceived corruption, allegations of bias, profiteering etc. In the end though it’s a kind of a good wholesome show for people who like things a bit grittier than regular do-gooder shows. By that I mean that it strikes me as one of those Sunday shows like 7th heaven etc only with a bit of grit here and there. I did always like some of the moral conundrums they threw up.

I well remember getting the first episode ‘off the US cousins’ way back in 2010. I never thought I’d be still discussing it in 2023 so, definitely, a great run.

Post edited by squonk on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It ticked the box, it was an easy watch, you could skip a few episodes and pick right back up again. Stuff with Frank and the Bishop playing the Hardy Boys got a bit much and there was only so much of Frank looking forelorn that they could do. Grand way to go out rather than trying to go down the NCIS/CSI route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I will miss it, however the family itself was becoming unbelievable.

How old is everyone supposed to be?

Grandchildren in their 20's , puts their parents in their late 40's early 50's, puts frank in his 70's (at what age do police commissioners retire?) Then how old is the very spritely father?

Plus how old was the son that died , when he had the other grandson?

Once you turn a blind eye to all that it was a good show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Last season they said Frank's father was 77, Frank had been on the force 50 years and Edie was in her 40s, meanwhile Erin's daughter is still in college 14 years after she was 12....I don't think the space time continuum exists for the Reagen family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Best not think too hard about it 😂

I'll miss Tom (I still would 😂)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya very enjoyable and easy watch, that did not need concentration. It did have a good long run. they are many many worse shows than it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, probably lasted longer than it should. Ah well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement