Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The new garda recruitment ad. Of course, barely if any clip of a white male as part of the force, which make up the majority. Don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen a Chinese or black garda.

The 'heads, knees and nose' pet food ad. As annoying as any monotonous baby tv show that we've all had to endure at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭RoTelly

The Island Edge Ad pure for the model who's tattoo artist wrote love your shelf, why the need to effect the word SHELF?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Anyone who gets a tattoo with 'loving your self' (or some such nonsense) deserves to be hit with a shelf.

However the advert does have one redeeming feature. She is very cute with (at least one) nice perky boobie

OMG, the massive corduroy pants 👖 are ALL I can see now, when that silly advert with Gerard Piqué installing the broadband comes on. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I think they are actually Thai fisherman's pants in a particularly unappealing colour.

But yes, once seen never knowingly unseen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

They are still showing the Welsh Guinness advertisement.

Their mum is still paying for their pints.

But day time TV - they are advertising for:

Over 50s life insurance, home equity release, funeral plans , life insurance, cremation plans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,091 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The menopause ad in English and Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

VHI advertisements!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The Aldi "I like it like that" Easter ad.

To me there is something incredibly creepy about everything that is going on in that advert. In terms of facial expressions of the characters, sounds and atmospherics, it is like some kind of a relative of American Horror Story or certain Aphex Twin videos from the 90's. What, for example, is up with the little girl intensely staring at something to the left, off screen, as though hypnotised, while chanting the "like it like that" mantra. Then we are shown, close up, that it appears to be a chocolate reptile egg.

Then there's the insane looking Latin guy in a rabbit suit followed by a Mariachi band that looked like their last gig was in Dusk Till Dawn, on the night George and Quentin popped in for a drink.

Really, really weird. More like a Halloween ad than an Easter ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We need more ads for funerals and cremations, bring the outrageous prices we pay here down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The skoda cake one you hear on radio, so annoying and not in anyway funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭growleaves

Oral B toothbrush - "Brush like a pro"

Since there's no such thing as a pro tooth-brusher what does this even mean??? A pro what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Eir - GigglyBits

I can't be the only one to think this?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=giggly%20bits

Need I say more, no I must, Eir you are a load of gigglybits!

Wake me up when it's all over.

The bit that annoys me is when the dentist advises to get an electric tootbrush - "With the round brush head".

Is there ANY electric toothbrush that is not round at the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That doesn't actually talk about it in either language.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Yeah a complete prat. Would love to see how he’d cope with an after match crowd screaming for pints in a pub around Croke Park or Landsdown Rd . “ like to keep it fresh “ . See how that works. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Then again anyone who drinks that tasteless, watery , mass produced commercial , expensive pyss deserves to be left waiting. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Angela Scanlon Ask me Anything ad with the Z list of nobodies for the most part like Vogue Williams and that overweight blonde oompa loompa in a black bin bag, Rylan, Amy Hooverban and some others I've no idea who they are. I wouldn't watch that 💩 if I was paid. The ad is also annoying for all the stupid faces being pulled.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭squonk

I never got the point of that Guinness ad. It looks kind of depressing and like the two boys exist in some dort of dull dark other dimension where everything is dark and crap and like a reject from the 70s. It puts me off drinking Guinness because I feel they’ll use my pint money to make more crap like this. I feel like the mum shoukd have told the two lads to get a real life and get out of that horrible sport and drinking rut they seem to be in. What’s with the shîte music as well? Awful, awful ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ugh, new Coke ad with Bella Hadid or Gigi Hadid or whoever I cant be arsed googling the name having a "homemade pasta party" with some fake actor friends while they drink glass bottles of coke like nobody anywhere actually does. Pure cringe.

I dont ever want to be one of those people who uses "woke" as a slur but it really enrages me when I see ads like this using African-American actors, they shoehorn them in in a really patronising way to show how woke and inclusive they are but they always pick the exact same "black but not too black" actors, as in they would never use a person from Sub-Saharan Africa with actual dark skin, it has to be light brown with the exact same haircuts every time so they dont scare any bigots away from their products.

Every company does this but Coke is at the forefront for years at this stage, they're literally using this Family Guy meme in real life in the most disgustingly racist way as a way to show how inclusive and non-racist they are, every time I see it happen it pisses me off, pure hypocrisy:

• Advertisement

The only place you can get glass bottles of Coke are in pubs. They are smaller than regular bottles and cost about the same price as a bar of solid gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kalimah

The ad with Paul McGrath and where do you keep the ketchup. There’s an old dear in it screeching “ you don’t purra it the fridge, you purra in the press. I want to drown her - the voice makes my ears bleed. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

The new snickers ad is all manner of cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭raclle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

That Lenor ad with people in duvets on a bed in a field. They are all so ******* annoying.

Also, the flash ad with someone washing a floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

The fact that ITV's streaming service ITVX feels the need to play Tinder adverts makes me lose faith in humanity. Has society degenerated that much that it is acceptable to advertise an app for casual sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That bleedin' Dub in the Chadwicks ad. The radio version of it actually makes my ears bleed. He seems to be the go-to for annoying ads for Irish companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

i think Screwfix put the skids under Chadwicks, any branch I ever went into the staff thought they were doing you a favour when they eventually served you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That " No sun , no sun at all " ad . I mute it straight away , the three people singing to the sky is just awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You mean three unlikeable people singing at the sky.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement