Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Assurance with Accelerated Specified Serious Illness Cover

• 30-03-2023 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Recently I've been deep diving into our family expenses and managed to save quite a bit of money moving some things around. Something that has been hanging around for a while is our Life Assurance Policy. when we bought our house we set up this policy through our mortgage broker and never really looked back.

Product Type: Term Assurance with Accelerated Specified Serious Illness Cover

Lives Assured: 2 people

Commencement date: 2014

Expiry date: 2044

Initial Sum Assured (Life 1) €164,250.00 (Life 2) €164,250.00

Accelerated Specified Serious Illness Cover: (Life 1) €164,250.00 (Life 2) €164,250.00

Current Sum Assured: (Life 1) €164,250.00 (Life 2) €164,250.00

Accelerated Specified Serious Illness Cover: (Life 1) €164,250.00 (Life 2) €164,250.00

Currently, we are paying €107 per month for this policy. Good? Steep? I'm not sure. I was thinking about shopping around for a better rate but I need some guidance on what I'm looking for. From what I understand, a life Assurance policy should be around €30 per month. It's quite possible that the Serious illness cover is pushing this up to the price I am paying. Still, it seems a bit steep. I know we are well protected, but am I paying too much and should I see good savings with the same policy elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Serious Illness cover is expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Yes, I gathered that is what is pushing the price up. There might be others with the same cover on a better policy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's reasonably comprehensive cover.

Whether it's a good fit or not for you depends on your overall financial position.

The only way to know for sure is to get a comprehensive financial review done.

Get proper independent advice, and be prepared to pay for it.

Advertisement