Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Ive nothing against them at all and they should be allowed live their life as they choose to do so however forcing it all down our throats and pushing the agenda in schools is a no no. Those people you mentioned emigrating or otherwise knew themselves deep down what they were and didnt need to be told were a hell of a lot more accepting as a society these days so those people shouldnt have muxh bother living a normal lufe as far as i can see. Drag queens reading stories to kids come on now thats a bit much isnt it? I saw a video a while back about a mother of pupils at the school getting removed from a PTA meeting for turning up in a similar outfit that a man wore in to read stories to kids in however when she wore it it was deemed innaoropriate.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭green daries

There's Alot of the tails aren't stick on I'm informed😬😬😬😬🫨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Getting a rotten run this week, lost one yesterday with scour. Had to get another dripped aswell. Had 3 massive bull calves that are all refusing to suck and a cow that's not really eating after a section and has no milk for the calf that won't suck her. Have 5 or 6 cows really lame from being around the feeders in the bad weather last week too. Must have used the stomach tube 10 times today. Anyone want to lease a farm 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Unfortunately the wrong idiots took the case. The journalist's are lapping it up. To win this case you had to work the system. No roaring or shouting just refuse, work the system.

Children cannot be children any more. There was always a hard edge to being a child. I tended to be a bit chubby as a child. I was called Pudsey ( I used it as my last alter ego here). I accepted it and got on with it. A lot of the children that slagged and teased me ( it's amazing but you have to bring google up to make sure you have the spelling correct) are fatter ( I am no slim chicken) and have nothing to show for it.

It's got to the stage that society has to conform to the 5-10%. That is grand but it puts a huge strain on society and more especially children.

Often children are like chickens they have beaks on them but that is another story.

@whelan2 you were giving out about the soccer system a few days back. No system is fool proof. My youngest lad was a super hurler. But because he was not local and grew late I shielded him by telling him the truth.

Life is not f@@king fair. He actually was a flaking soccer player. But I explained ( @10-12, years of age how not only exceptional but lucky you needed to be to make it as a professional player. That a different story) to him that the system was going to work against him. He was good enough to make county panels but because we were a small club ( even though he always tempered his expectations saying he was a corner back rather than a WB, even though he played center back for the club at adult level when they had a former underage county CB at adult level. He has not played for two years now ( work has got in the way) and the club want him back and he is only 24 years of age.

At the end of it all as an old rural doctor said to me.''too many people thing there kids are cygnets when they are actually ducklings ''

But going back to they and pronoun's. WTF would you put your child through it. Paul Murphy has decided his child will be gender neutral. FFS why would you put your child through that sh!t.

Will he wear a pink to school for junior infants and blue for infants or visa versa.

Yesterday over a couple of Bulmers cider with my youngest. We got to talking about making decisions as parent. About school/school's ( I am a fierce believer in sending your children to the LOCAL school) and parents making subject choices.

I did a lot of trade subjects in a Tech. God have they got a bad name both the Tech's and the trade subjects.

I pushed my lads to do maths and Technical graphics as opposed Woodwork.

If you want to play politically correct decisions with you kids life. Maybe it will work out. Maybe not.

Life is a b!tch, but is it he/ she or you that will live it.

Now and again a bit of privacy in these decisions matters most. Life is for getting on with not an advertising exercise by parents whether it's about GAA, Soccer or sexualities.

Even if my son or daughter were unsure about there sexualities I not sure I would be making it an issue at a school. Mind you Enoch would not help either.

If they want yo dress up and act like Pussycat's I be inclined to give them a kick in the ar5e.

But then I am not an old foggie that is politically incorrect.

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I dont think you would be cut out for teaching in the modern world but ironically at the same time all of us here have learned more off you then we ever learned going to school probably.Imo Enoch was always fighting a loosing battle in fighting the system but that does not mean he is wrong ,I am suprised how little support he has got.You have got to comend his stand and what is the judge going to do with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I think the way Enoch and his family have carried on is what has meant not many are supporting them. You can't carry on like that in a court room. No one is above the law no matter what your opinion is of things. Its a bit like the person who is always right even when they are very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

@whelan2 you are right, I do believe there is a point in what Enoch was trying to make and there is to much crap at the minute trying to put labels on everything. We need to let children be children, to grow up and find their own feet and be supported by their parents no mater what.

The problem with Enoch and his family is they appear to come across bullies and have gone about fighting this argument totally the wrong way. No sound minded person would want to be associate with their actions that is why they are getting so little support.

Post edited by Anto_Meath on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭kk.man

That's my worry (I honestly have no opinion either way to the rights or wrongs of his beliefs) the court system appears broke if a stance is not taken about him attending school and interrupting court hearings. It has the potential to open pandoros box for all sorts of protests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭kk.man

On another point I know of a girls secondary school where some girls got teased over not having boyfriends. The result was the girls identified as gay in order to stop the teasing. Terrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Girls can be right bitches to each other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭Robson99

Back in my youth days all that dressed up as a few of the CURE fans or a few Punk Rockers

All this identification craic is rapidly getting out of hand. I hate to imagine what society will be like in another 10 years. Grew up in the 80's and while money was very scarce it was probably one of the best decades to be in School

Parents have an awful lot to answer for ..... a lof of those kids are attention seeking and are / were neglected by parents or the parents are doing nothing to discourage this stupid behaviour. I know its a kick in the arse i would have gotten if i was carrying on that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Thinking back I would say my sexuality wasn’t fully cemented until my mid/late teens, but it cemented very solidly. It’s a difficult time to navigate. And I think an introverted shy kid has a harder time than any trysexual😂

reading up on it the brain is developing and creating links and programming from when your a nipper right up through adulthood. I think if now a youngster was wondering about why he/she were feeling one way or the other the fact that conventional wisdom of being advised to wait till things settle before you’ll know for sure is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Suppose the easiest way around the whole thing is to let people be who they want, eg: let a man think he's a woman and let a woman think she's a bar of chocolate but instill into them all, in the real biology world, there is only 2 sexes in humans, male and female and that is it.

There’s a load of new options coming on the calf reg for free Martin Heifers tick M ,F, T(They). NB (non binary)

Tick what you feel it should be identified as

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How many of ye went marching on the Dáil today for transgender day?

https://gcn.ie/trans-visibility-dublin-demonstration/

I think they went ''they'' singular not they they

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

We had a maths teacher in secondary school. A right gem of a teacher, really passionate at his job. He was also a farmer, ..... as the only farmers son in my class, I was probably a bit biased.

I remember him telling us one day that bullying in girls schools was 10 times worst than in boys schools. He had taught in an all girls school, so saw it first hand.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Ask a male teacher in a primary school staff room what women are like to each other.

Apparently one of the worst work environments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

Years back I subbed in a primary school while in college, 2 teacher set up. There were 2 women working there together for 10 years. I was covering principals class release days to allow the principal catch up office work, so they were actually both in the school some of the days I was there. They hadn't spoken a word to each other in over 7 years. Not one word. All communication by letter at the time. The atmosphere was so toxic in the place that parents pulled children out left right and centre. The school almost closed until one of them retired and a new lady arrived and transformed the place.

I don't care what money I'd be paid I wouldn't stick a work environment like what I experienced there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Absolutely, while it can happen anywhere you've toxic people, you'd hear of it a lot from nurses, it's a lot of the problem with the HSE, but is completely taboo of course.

Lots of good people pushed out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

The dynamic is just different whether it’s all men or all women.

On a related note, I dropped our 14-year-old and 2 of his friends to the local teenage disco last night. I was never so glad our children are all males.

In fairness, it’s easier for boys - runners, jeans, T-shirt, jacket (optional), and they’re dressed. Whereas the poor young wans looked cold and orange in little bits of outfits.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Young fellas seem to be learning how to dress themselves for going out recently. A few years back all they seemed to have was sportswear. The girls would be done up to the nines and chap beside her in a T-shirt and tracksuit with runners.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I was afraid to look too closely. I just saw plenty shivering orange flesh from a distance!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Don't go onto twitter and say that or youll be told its their body to wear nothing as they wish 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭50HX

Just reading a UK article there about a cafe that changed the name of the Ploughman's lunch to ploughpersons lunch🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's amazing the way coincidences happen. This past week a lot of letters have been used on here discussing genders/trans/him/they/everything. And then this morning I was in a shop in Tullamore with the young lad who was mad for me to buy him a toy tractor. I said no cos the place is fecking plastered with them at home and he left it back on the shelf, to which I said "Good boy". And then a young girl behind me, probably not 18 yet, told me that I can't say that to him and that "they" should decide their own sex and not have my wishes projected onto "them". I didn't really know what to say to be honest so I told her she was in the wrong shop if she wasn't looking to renew her stupid pills prescription, to which I was told I was ignorant to the world. "Maith an cailín" I said and headed away. I think that was a slow burner for her!

• Advertisement

The belt was a joke around our area about the girls attire. We were it was insinuating that they were only wearing a belt

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement