Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Transfer thread - All aboard the BB choochoo!

Options
  • 20-03-2023 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

I think this GW is going to make and break a lot of teams. I'll be using BB, and I just swapped out Kane for Isak, who has come back in hungry form! I am very, very tempted to captain him as a bit of a differential as well.

I have 3 Arsenal, EBH and Leno on single game weeks. I will transfer out Leno for Allisson for -4 hit, IF the rest of my squad comes back from international duty clean.

That could be 26 Point scorers, + a dgw captain....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Will also be BBing. I'll probably get rid of one of my Arsenal mids for either Fernandez or another BHA mid. Lots of time for plans to unravel with the international break though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

BB used in GW27 which netted me 27 points, my aim for a BB is always 20-25 so delighted with what I've in the bank TBH. My BB this week would be double Arsenal and double Brentford defence. Could easily hit 27 and beyond all the same.

1 FT at moment and might be a United asset in. Will be FH-ing in 32 anyway.

Long time away until deadline and international break to throw into the mix - always be a few small knocks or long travelling you can be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The lesser owned Nunez is skipping the international break too actually, but the South American games are friendlies while the European games are competitive.

There will probably be a few more players doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs.

Mee to Shaw.

Not sure about my other transfer. Martinelli, Saka, Zinchenko and Kane my only SGW players.

Martinelli to Maddison maybe but he’s in great form and would like to hold him. Could maybe just bring him back in after Maddison plays Bournemouth.

Zinchenko to Chillwell maybe bit already have Kepa and similar.

Kane to Isak or Havertz maybe but would be inclined to trust Kane over both of them!

Might just roll the transfer. Let’s see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Got Maddison & Iheanacho in 3 weeks ago, poor return tbh.

Writing this out as sometimes it helps with transfer decisions to see it on paper and ask yourself is it stupid or smart!

I'm not averse to a -4 this week as I'm BB'ing. Get a doubler in that plays twice and the hit is covered.

I already own Kepa, Badiashile & Saka, Odegaard so at the moment, my decision is down to these; I'm currently on 26 players for DGW 29 & 9 players for BGW 32.

Both transfer plans sort of lock me into a FH in GW 32 though. Maybe I could use transfers to get to 9/10 but I have to save one FT for Haaland.

• A: Badiashile & Odegaard -> Shaw & March. This would bring me up to 27 players for BB 29 & 0.2 ITB if all prices stay the same.
    • B: Zinchenko & Odegaard -> Estupinan & Bowen. This would bring me up to 28 players & 0.0 ITB if all prices stay the same.

There's something about Bowen at home for the DGW that attracts me as a punt, with low ownership. Man Utd defence I don't really trust without Casemiro and they look tired with the constant games. Shaw would be a lock for the future DGW's though, with Bowen being a sell really. Estupinan / March are interchangeable and probably a keep/bench because of their DGWs and prices.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bowen seems like a good shout.

I wonder if there's any chance Ward will win his place back this weekend? Sounds like he had a decent game against Croatia...would save me having to make a very annoying transfer

Bowen is one I'm pondering as well... which probably makes him less attractive as a punt if my track record is anything to go by. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs. Mee to Shaw for sure.

I was tempted by Martinelli to Maddison but feel he could burn me.

Other option is Zinchenko to Chillwell.

I could roll the second transfer too.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

Thinking Chilwell as well.

Thoughts on the below? Had geared the team up for BB this week but deciding against it now. Thinking of moving Pinnock out for Chilwell and going with 3-5-2 (benching White, Coleman and Haaland assuming the latter is injured). Don't mind taking a -4 hit but not tempted by any transfer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any opinions on this team? Have free hit, bench boost and wc left. Even with one fixture it's hard to ignore the arsenal lads v Leeds so thinking maybe hold the free hit

Or I could sell Saka instead of Odegaard. This leaves a bit of wiggle room with funds.

Leeds are missing a few midfielders, I wonder does this mean that Arsenal will get more joy down the middle in terms of chances on the edge of the box , or more so creative in central midfield area supplying the wide forwards to score?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Cash my only international injury which is good,might force my transfer + to keep Kane, even with a SGW, and try the c on Watkins,Toney or Mitoma , decisions, decisions, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Not Toney anyway, he’s on 9 yellows so if he gets booked in the first game he misses the second one.

As things stand it’ll be rashford for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭ForestFire

The team as of today. Was planning on BB and needed to just bring in a GK with a double game, but Injury has but a bit of a spanner in the works now and not sure what to do - Swap Almiron only or Take a -4 for a GK (Kepa/De Gea options) also that will probably end up on fewer points anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Used my free transfer to go Almiron out for Mitoma but team does not seem right for the bench boost which I had previosly being planning to use. Probably put the captaincy on Mitoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have 12 DGW'ers (bold below) ready for DGW.

Rashford the only injury concern, and a FT if it's required

Kepa Raya

Chilwell Trippier Schar Henry Gabriel

Rashford Maddison Mitoma March Saka

Toney Watkins Kane

First GW without Haaland all season, he could have my week ruined by 2pm Saturday. Ready for the pain

I don't think Rashford is an injury concern whatsoever. He was off on holiday in New York during the international break! Fully rested up now.

On the othe hand, I think Haaland might be genuine seeing as he hasn't trained yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah, I don’t think Haaland will start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eurox6

Haaland won't start against Liverpool

He probably has a slight knock but Pepe wil want more control of the ball so will sit him on the bench ,

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭FantasyFool

Howr ye lads.

Need to wildcard to tidy up my team. Will have BB left for 34 but any help would be much appreciated in setting myself up.

Have a healthy lead in my main money league and just need to keep my nose in front.

Current WC team

Steele (Ward)

Trippier Chilwell Mings (White, Pinnock)

Bowen (intend to bring Saka back in next week) Maddison Mitoma Rashford (Martinelli)

Kane Haaland Isak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have Haaland, Rashford, Havertz and Botman yellow flagged and Cash in definitely out so makes it harder to use BB this GW. Will get Shaw for Cash but not sure who to get if Haaland is out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

To be honest at this stage, chip plan matters too much to give individual advice, looks a solid team, I'd just be careful with the GK's. They could both be dropped at any moment

Havertz and Rashford both trained, for whatever that's worth, and Botman "should be fine" after a stomach bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eurox6

My team

Used my wild card last week to sert me up to use bench boost this

Arrizabalaga , De Gea

Chilwell, Mee, White, Tripper ,Webster

Saka,Mitoma,Odegaard,Rashford,Bruno

Wakint, TOney ,ISak ,

Thinking of getting rid of one of my Arsenal player but for who ? maybe Odegaard for McAllister

Haaland not officially ruled out.

Does this mean that Rashford is fit? I would assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Reads like he's ready to score 2 hat tricks to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

This is a very tough week. I am going to use BB, but have Allison, Zinchenko, Saka and EBH on the bench. I think it's still the best week for me to use it.

Raya - Allison

Chillwell - Zinchenko - Trippier - Mee - Estupinan

Saka - Martinelli - Billing - Kovacic - Rashford (c)

Toney - EBH - Isak

Main worry for me now is building up the team for DGW 34 and limiting BGW 32. And of course hope Toney doesn't get booked against Brighton (which I think I'll put money on, to alleviate the inevitable blow)

Advertisement