Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

VRT is based on Open Market Selling Price "OMSP" .....not car price. This amount will be indicated on your Order Agreement (bottom left) and will exceed 50K

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

That makes no sense as we know that the delivery time frame was 19th April - 11th May

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

@MarkN cc'ing Mark as a motoring jourlilest here, Tesla should experience a but of pain on this from a PR perspective outside this limited group

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Surely if it was an error it would have been flagged the next morning (given it was 10pm when it kicked off) and measures put in place to rectify the issue before original orders get cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Exactly what I asked him… still waiting on a reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

The contract says they can renege on agreement for a ‘pricing error’.

His message indicates it was intentional promotional discount, however they weren’t able to meet some arbitrary non-disclosed delivery deadline so now want to cancel the discount. Done see how that can be called a ‘pricing error’?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

I have been trying to untangle the thread of Tesla prices too. My understanding is as follows (but could be wrong).

Car price = €46990 (without delivery or tyre recycling). This is the price that VRT should be calculated on multiply by 1.07 = €50279.30.

I think this brings you over the €50,000 limit for VRT relief. You are right about the reduced relief between 40000 and 49999. They taper the relief by 50% for every €1 of OMSP above €40,000 (i.e. the relief is no longer available where the OMSP is €50,000 or more).

Now add back in the delivery and tyre recycling charges gives €51273.08 and subtract the €5000 SEAI grant giving €46273.08 as the final price. Then subtract your €250 deposit, you owe €46023.08. So €46269.78 is overpriced by €246.70. If you find out how to get this corrected let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

All aboard the Tesla RollerCoaster. We're badly in need of a 'don't stress' post from JOL1 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd imagine Tesla will honour these orders.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Can you confirm the status of my order for a model Y?

11:16

[removed confirmation details]

Checking...

11:21

thank you :)

11:22

Delivery of this will be in April

11:17

and there is no cancellation for it due to the sale we ordered from last week? Just need to confirm that as someone mentioned

11:31

There are no cancellations

ok thank you

11:32

I believe your pickup will be in April

So, I asked for the status first, he said April, then to confirm the cancellation or not. He was gone for 10 mins and then confirmed the potential date again.

What are we thinking...? I think its a windup myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What will Nobby do?

Nobby cannot **** on any manufacturer in Ireland. He’s recently quit his job to do reviews full time and if manufacturers get wind that he’s pi55ing in them they won’t invite him to the exclusive stuff. Ireland is too small for that industry

You only have to read the EV groups on Facebook to realise it’s happening with Skoda and bmw to name a few.

Also might be worthwhile considering that despite the threats of calls, not one person on here or the Facebook group has received a call yet.

*yet.

Hard to know now. We have a few sources all saying they will be cancelled.

Fun times indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewBuilder36

Thanks for for your response JOL1, I was on revenue website for calculating VRT and the only version of the Model Y is the Long Range AWD, I looked at the model 3 and they Long Range and Standard Range version. Is it the case Some one needs to tell revenue to update there models for RWD Model Y which will bring it under the 5000 grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewBuilder36

Certainly there were several MY stock cars that were only over the grant by a few hundred euro.

I don't see why they couldn't have just asked existing customer orders if they'd take them with the addition of a tow bar for example and then reduce the price to make use of the grant.

That would have been fair imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I asked them that .. even suggested selling me a more expensive tow bar a month later.. they said IMPOSSIBLE

2 days later discount by 5K and firesale over 12 minutes

If it's true, there's no way that poor girl is going to be able to get through 80 irate phone calls in 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

So they had a flash sale Tues night and they sold all the reduced cars, Tesla realised it was an error Weds morning (going by the post here today) and they then decided to do another sale the following morning (weds, same day as realising error)?

How does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

Because the VRT relief tapers it would make very little difference. I have a M3RWD with metallic paint on order. My calculations say the price with full VRT (before delivery etc; ie the OMSP) is €49423.30. If applied the VRT relief on this would amount to €40.37 because of the taper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Halpo99

Funny thing is, if they threw up a few MYs discounted now I'd jump on one 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

I also got a text 24 hours later from Tesla confirming to me that the higher price on my account was wrong and to just transfer the amount on my order agreement less €250…

Theyve sold other cars with similar discounts in the last 3 weeks.

They run sales of a similar magnitude all the time in Ireland and currently have a sale similar in UK.

Duno how this meets legal criteria of a pricing error…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone actually got the call?

No but I got confirmation my order is due for delivery as per the EDD via web chat. If there was an issue you’d think I would have been told.

there’s a poster on here at home getting a kick out of this poorly timed April fools joke

I think the agent I was with got confused. He confirmed my order is fine... this is insane...the amount of times my heart has stopped while ordering a tesla

It makes sense when you consider that Tesla Ireland staff take the 'Manuel' position with regards to delivery and pricing. They just accept without questioning whatever is decided further up the food chain. It was probably only discovered today when someone higher up started wondering why the discounted cars in Irish Inventory hadn't been delivered to customers before the end of the quarter.

To me, the mistake is not so much the pricing, it's that these cars even made it onto the Irish Inventory in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Tesla selected the wrong country on the RHD country list when doing the price reduction on Tuesday. Maybe they should have gone to the UK market. Even Mr. Miserable was at a loss to work out where these cars were or how they would get to Ireland in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

He/She possibly thought it was April 1st. To be fair, I though it was April 1st myself!

It certainly feels like April fool thismorning on here 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

Advertisement