Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Very pleased I kept going back for the limited edition and coffee ones when they were available anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I paid €48 for 5kg of whey in April 2021, the best I saw it at lately was €45 for 2.5kg around black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

anyone knowing somewhere selling cheaper protein bars these days (that doesn't involved bulk buying)? aldi ones that were €2 got called back & havne't come back, lidl 3 packs that were €3.80 have been out of stock for ages, other single ones that were €1.60 are going out of stock by the looks of it (only one of the two flavours there in a few of the lidls i looked, & staff said not sure if getting back in)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Post edited by OmegaGene on

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

i'll respectfully decline cheers tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

"up to 70% off" myprotein.co.uk at the moment

myprotein.ie "everyday low prices"

my current basket of vitamins and protein is nearly 50% higher in IRL vs UK... WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's nearly payday for some & still no decent deals from any of the sites.

Same basket on my protein is £37.20 vs €54.48, big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Saudades

My Protein: "You asked, we listened. This year is about you. We’ve listened to your feedback, and that’s why we’re making some changes to the way we do promotions."

In other words, no more discount codes for you. Did anybody seriously ask for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Saudades

What on Earth happened to THG? Their share price has dropped 90% in the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

This is still the best available option I can find - Limited Edition Impact Whey Protein - I regret not stocking up when it was €9/kg a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Brexit didn’t cause the company share price to drop 57% overnight, the company decided to split the nutrition side from the beauty side of things and this caused investors to shi7 themselves and bail out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Decathlon look the cheapest at the moment with 80 quid for 2.2kg of Isolate.

the link above may not be isolate but for €46 for 2.5kg it is alright unless youre an elite athlete of course

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I find I don't get the same gastro-instestinal side effects with the isolate.

I find it’s cheaper to eat the whole foods now and feel much better for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

€40 for 2.1kg Candy Whey with AOB Nutrition. 25g protein per 35g scoop. Its my first time buying it, mainly because of the price. Can't comment on taste or how it mixes etc, still to finish off my last tub.

Bought this last week in Vanilla, not cheap but 24gms per scoop.

https://www.myprotein.ie/sports-nutrition/total-protein-blend/10529951.html

So there’s no natural protein in any other product 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

What's the taste and consistency like? Gritty?

• Advertisement

Being honest i mix & then chug it pretty quickly so can't give an answer on that.

Tastes fine with coco pops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Not all proteins are equal. Some cause problems, e.g. viruses use of certain proteins to multiply, some proteins from milk cause damage to beta cells as a result one of the reason of type 2 diabetes long term. So if you are on protein shakes most likely you are getting exposure

I replied to a poster who made a statement that natural protein is only found in 3 types of foods namely eggs dairy and meat and I don’t agree, there are plenty of whole foods that provide a good source of protein

not sure why you are talking about protein shakes, just being your usual self I guess 🤷‍♂️

we get the fact you don’t like protein shakes so why bother following the thread lol

if someone is selling a piano you don’t ring them up to tell them you don’t want a piano or maybe you do

Sorry. I didn't mean to cross you over. Since this thread in fitness and nutrition forum. My point is that protein powder is not the best source. I don't know any professional body builder who uses protein powders on a regular basis except for paid promotions

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Started taking Kinetica's Whey, it's been years since I last took protein.

I find the 1 scoop into 200mls of water to taste quite weak / watery, is this normal? I don't remember it being this easy to drink before, but could be misremembering.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Saying “For me” is kinda pointless is the statement you follow with is factually incorrect rather than an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That’s sounds like you taken something wildly out if context, to point of being a conspiracy theory.

Lots if food cause damage to beta cells. Including sugar, dairy, grains and vegetables. But claiming dairy protein is a cause if diabetes is simply a lie.

Studies shown that dairy consumption is positively associated the type 2 diabetes prevention. Reduced dairy is associated with an increase in diabetes.

Regardless, even if there was a link, wouldn’t it also applied to whole milk? Which means your hard on for protein powder still makes no sense.

It shouldn’t make up 100% of your diet, as you’ll lack other nutrients. But alongside a balanced diet it’s fine. Saying it’s not the best I’d scaremongering nonsense. I love to know what you think the best source is.

Uou dint know any pro-BB that uses protein powder? I’d hazard a guess that’s beside you dint know any pro-BBs.

But why pro bodybuilders are relevant. Do you think they’re example of healthy or best practice to health/fitness/nutrition. More research needed champ.

If someone in caloric deficit / starvation milk would be the perfect food to consume however nowadays food is available 24/7. You see milk designed for babies to get big and strong as quick as possible. In adults it cause a variety of problems long term, whole milk full of cows hormones and bunch of unwanted proteins interferes with human endocrine system.

And don't forget today's milk is not the same as it was before. Cows fed with the wrong food, injected with antibiotics and other compounds to grow faster and produce more milk, and some of that stuff ends up in the milk as well.

But I would agree fermented dairy is quite beneficial.

Post edited by markmoto on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Getting back to the protein deals - the payday special from myprotein of free resistance band on orders over €70 is an absolute joke. Clearing out pandemic overstock from the warehouse.

Advertisement