Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Still waiting on someone to get a call. We haven't yet today but 80 calls from one person in one day is unrealistic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yeah - I think he's just being cautious at this stage till he knows what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

Cancelled my one like an idiot but I am happy now I didn’t give my money away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Has anyone paid in full for a sale car?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Cancelled my M3LR yesterday evening for a fire sale one…if it’s all true it is some PR disaster for Tesla. While hard to quantify but I imagine it will cost more than any discount they gave. They have both feet shot off after this last week. I doubt there are too many happy Tesla customers / owners around at the moment with all that has happened since January. Legacy brands 1 Tesla 0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

To be honest (and maybe a little bit selfish?) the thought crossed my mind! On reflection, I'd say it is not some master plan they've hatched 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

If they have made a mistake, and it looks likely at this stage, I think it may be cheaper for them in the long run to honour any deals done with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

The little toe doesn't know what the big toe is doing... nevermind the left hand and right hand 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Yes, paid in full for fire sale LR.

If they use some order agreement nonsense to renege, there’s a spiteful side to me that would be tempted to order every single car in existence each quarter then pull out just before quarter end under distance selling. Perhaps even take delivery of a few (depending on how funds allowed), park them up outside the factory and then return them after 13 days.

Be a fun protest to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Transferred funds from a previous order yesterday, will take 72 hours according to our good friend 'Afolabi'. (I suspect he's a close relation of 'Orla' in 123.ie who gets around quite a bit also.) Still 5k shy of fully paid, I was thinking of transferring the balance this morning, but it won't make any difference to the outcome whether I have €53,000 or €250 paid against the car. That will be irrelevant to whatever final decision Tesla arrive at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Will be interesting to see if there is any differentiation there although I suspect not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I'd imagine with an order agreement in place and the full amount paid there would be some argument to be made for a cancellation at that stage. Whatever about an error showing on pricing and only a €250 deposit being paid, full payment is surely a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 El Wexican

If its a mistake its a pan European mistake as if you have a look on nearly all European tesla sites the same "showroom adjustments" are available all over the place. Its one impressive ongoing error if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

To my knowledge, when you've paid for it, it's your property, no matter where it is now, even if it's on Mars.Tesla shouldn't have the right to cancel a deal after taking your money.

If you asked 4 Tesla employees what day of the week it is, you’d get 4 different answers. One would probably tell your their favourite colour. There is zero chance they are capable of a co-ordinated plan like that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

There's also no chance anyone is getting a cheap Tesla days after the Q1 deliveries arrived and with a long waiting of buyers who missed the Q1 drop and could take any cancelled orders.

The concept of a fire sale during delivery week is a complete insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

If anyone who has VIN is webchatting with Tesla, can you ask them to ping the car and find out where it is?

Even roughly, are they in the UK or are on a boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Simple solution- gives us all our orders at the reduced prices €43 MYRWD €49 MYLR

Ha ha ha !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

This is a really interesting point. I've found multiple cars in inventory on the tesla website across different countries in Europe that are showing as 'coming soon' with a showroom discount - screenshots galore for good measure.

Are all of these cars priced incorrectly? What makes the Irish discount uniquely wrong?

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

I wonder whether the "sale" cars will end up in Inventory at normal retail prices or offered to those waiting for orders, me included.

I was at son's football and was pissed off I missed the "sale" event. Total **** show that though. Would be royally pissed off if I had got one and now told to bugger off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Has anyone received “the call” yet?

Id be treating this as hearsay until that happens

Yeah, something fishy is going on. This would be a monumental screw up for a cross European (including GB)web issue like to remain unresolved since Weds for us. Which only stopped due to there being no other cars available for sale and still ongoing in Europe (where cars are still for sale at reduced showroom price or equivalent)?

If they ring to try and cancel/adjust price then I will be bringing this up and asking what is the difference between the discounts across European marketplaces.

The conflicting information going around is insane. Was sent an image of someone saying that the Irish orders are not being cancelled but the price adjustment is being made as it was the Sterling price and it needs to be adjusted to Euro. So a 49,871euro Y from the sale is now 56,793euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

The discount may be removed for the RWD MY but the real complication comes from the MY LR. Once the discount is removed from the LR they also no longer get the Gov grant.

That could be a 10K adjustment and most will say no thanks I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Legally the contract allows them to cancel these sales, but there is fairly clear "evidence" from across Europe of price reductions which would make the "error" bit hard to justify

No call and no one else can confirm a call either. Just what they heard is happening.

Agreed on hearsay till that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

Has anyone asked by email and received a reply from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Telsa shouldn't do fire sale few day after people paid €47811.It unfair and not right thinking of returning my car why should I lose 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Yes I agree. Any form of sale on any item should be made completely illegal going forward as it’s unfair on someone who bought just before the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Advertisement