Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

Alright, if they did this to me I will keep the order which should be delivered in 3-4 weeks and after they register it , I will refuse delivery and ask for refund .. consumer right to cancel as well

let them have the stock to put it on sale again 😂

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

I'm in precisely the same situation, shocking form from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Great to hear it is treating you well and that no initial service calls needed for build issues etc.

Very best of luck with it and hopefully many happy miles!

Ah I'm sure the acceleration is a bonus and 'safe' for overtaking etc 😉

Would you consider the acceleration boost upgrade in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Hardly any chance they’ll treat the RWD and LR differently?

An LR for 50/51/52 albeit with better wheels/colour doesn’t feel too ridiculous when you can still order one for 54k. Also if they were able to think beyond ‘computer says no’ (I don’t think they can), they’d be happy to follow through with those sales as no chance they shift them at RRP.

The RWD discounts down to €42k look spicy and fairly unnecessary though and will easily shift at RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Perhaps... but I've retweeted his and tweeted myself and I've a pro' account so maybe... who knows. Also added Nobbyoncars on both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

The discount was absolutely necessary to shift those cars - although if being savvy they would have reduced all to €59,999.

This is the crux of it for me. I could somewhat understand the pricing error angle for the RWD cars, given the relative demand.

But certainly for the LR models, they could have just put them all at €59,999 and let them be sold, take advantage of the grant and move on 🙂.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Did you go ahead with the fire sale car at full price or you had another one booked?

I've cancelled my original order when i got the fire sale one so stuck until June unless they let me pay full price for the fire sale one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

I assumed not doing the latter was merely a product of their way of doing business - do not allow a human to ever use a brain cell.

Their pricing model for Ireland is totally broken with the grant in place but ‘fixing it’ would involve meddling at the micro level which they seem to want to avoid like the plague.

Perhaps there is a place for the old fashioned salesmen with some discretion in the car business…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

What are you doing Josip .. you got an LR in the firesale also no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Halpo99

Get your last of the Model Y demos, two for a fiver. Driven by half of Dublin 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 El Wexican

This really isnt a pricing error, its a change of promotional strategy. They are running this promotion all across Europe. They offered it in Ireland, and now due to current customer backlash or fiscal change they are withdrawing that promotion from customers who have bought into it.

It really isn't as simple as "pricing error" - a pricing error would be selling a LRMY for €5,000K. This is clearly a row back from a promotion that is currently running across Europe. That in itself is fine, however it will get complicated when they try to withdraw that promotional offer to people who have availed of it. It was also offered and accepted on 3 different occasions. Its just not credible that is an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mikey2001

The fire sale as I didn’t have another one , I cancelled my previous offer

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

100% agreed, it was run on at least 3 occasions and it appears there is sellers remorse 5 days later. Notwithstanding the order agreement terms which are in Tesla's favor wonder is there any staturtary consumer obligations we can lean on here. Might be grasping at straws, unlikely I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

What a shambles! I wonder if this was a genuine error as some stated in that they intended to do this sale for cars that could physical be picked up before COB today so as to be counted in their Q1 sales? There are few/none in stock in Dublin so all of those "fire sale" car were enroute but not going to be here before today. The sales probably worked in those other countries who actual did have stock sitting in forecourts in UK, Italy and Netherlands for example.

Saying all of that, I would have been royally P***ed off if I had got one of these (I probably would if I'd seen them in time 😉). Spare a thought for us who bought 222 cars, especially for a mug like me who couldn't wait and bought an inventory M3 that didn't qualify for the grant 😱. I think the same car ordered today would cost me about €14k less 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

This would seem to be the only question as a Tesla appear not to be making any effort to resolve this in any kind of fair manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Seems like whoever it was in Amsterdam activated the sale for Ireland along with other countries and this was the error. Probably some UK/Ireland mix up as usual.

Stock to sell in Europe immediately but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I was on the phone to them when the Wednesday pricing (midday) happened. I was told by the agent this is the correct pricing and will get the car in April. This is all recorded so i will be referring to this. Not saying i will succeed but i am not going without a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I specifically looked for inventory cars that are ‘coming soon’ in other countries and they have the same or similar discounts available.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

This is so wrong. After ordering M3P in the good faith on the “firesale”, I cancelled my M3 LR order yesterday. Tesla rep on the chat asked about my new order number and didn’t flag any issues. If all those gossips are true, I won’t leave it without fighting back either. At minimum I will flag it with CCPC:

Misleading advertising covers claims made to consumers by manufacturers, distributors and retailers. It can include content in ads, catalogues, websites, social media, etc.

Examples could include:

• (…)
    • misrepresenting the price. For example, advertising a product at sale price when it is not on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I mean they (Tesla reps) really have no clue what's happening at this stage - I was told not to cancel my M3 as I went for a model Y for 47,811 and they wouldn't even confirm that one for me, which was not the firesale price, but said I better not cancel the M3 in case....FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

It doesn’t explain the discount that is still on in the UK and the rest of Europe though.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Excess stock in Europe where they can have a sale like this to clear stock. Not in Ireland with waiting lists. This is what was explained in the Cork showroom today

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Some of the uk reduced item stock says “coming soon” tho?

also somebody said that Tesla mentioned it was only for stock that could he sold immediately yet it didn’t state that at the time of ordering….

the LR with inductions that really cause a fuss as they are above the grant without the discount so if an original order is cancelled for a grant qualifying LR post sale and now they are told they have to pay above the grant threshold that’s when the issue really arises. They may not even get matched now for upcoming deliveries either

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

Because Tesla knows you won't pay for a lawyer to fight them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

I’m quite determined TBH. As someone posted above, this is not the “price error”. The price listed on my order agreement is the correct list price, with additional discount line. There is a difference between putting up the wrong price & not honouring advertised discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

Well, if ppl didnt cancel their sale bookings till it is delivered to Ireland they will end up with 80 cars in stock that they need to discount to sell similar to the cars that were discounted for immediate delivery in March .. I dont see their point!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

All of the uk Model Y with discounts (showroom adjustment) are described as demos, the majority have mileage on them and all of the discounted cars that I checked have registration dates between August 22 and December 22 including the coming soon and those with no mileage listed.

Cars that appear to be new and no discount have no mileage or registration info.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

That seems to have changed from earlier today and also a few days ago. Perhaps they offloaded more stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Ah no thats not fair to say. Thats like telling and i think people are getting bitter both before the sale and who got it in the sale. I got it before, a bit annoyed but made my peace very fast, i budgeted for what i bought in october 2022. I didnt consider one minute giving out to tesla or returning mine. I paid what i bought it at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I only thought to look after your previous post 4674. At that time no new unregistered cars were discounted. Is it possible only pre registered and demos were discounted?

Advertisement